• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

The Review Thread of RWC 2011

do you think the review score is fair ?

• yes

Votes: 28 58.3%
  • no

Votes: 20 41.7%

• Total voters
I must admit, I didn't read the whole thing, but the ratings at the end of the review seem just about right to me. I think it's a fair rating.

Reading the Review.. It does seem to lack any real in depth review on the gameplay itself... Is the gameplay that bad???

I think the main thing this guy is angry about is the lack of licensed teams and lack of tournaments.

Hopefully this is a wake up call to HB on what the fans wanted.

Where is that *** that spewed his bile over my opinion regarding the licensing issues? Told you it was a big factor, and will irritate people.

pretty damning.

But then, as long as HB turn a profit, they don't care about reviews or customer reaction. Just that with RC as competition, it looks like their sales won't even be that great either. Maybe it'll be the kick up the arse they've needed since 06; maybe they'll just get out the game and leave it to people who care (Sidhe).

I usually decide wether to buy games on the basis of reviews. IGN being one of the major reviewers out there. A score of half or under in whatever fractional way a reviewer uses normally deters me from buying....BUT.....this is rugby on the 360...and RWC has been bought for me by the missus as a gift. I will obviously gratefully receive it and play it. But seeing a review score of 5/10 is a bit of a killer.

I really think we should just wait till it comes out so we can make our own mind up.

I've got it, and my views reflect the reviewer. I think I have been/may enjoy it a little more than he has however. IGN don't really take into account that a game can be fun, even if it's not nessecarily a good game. However, in saying that don't let IGN tell you what you may or not enjoy. Make your own mind up.

Last edited:
Yea doesn't surprise me - based on the demo RW11 offers very little, particularly to 'mainstream' gamers/reviewers - but at the same time HB were clearly very short on budget so I think it was probably the best they could do. I fear HB's rugby games will be dead in the water post rugby world cup 2011.

pretty much what i expected from a review site...mainstream or not, this game IS average at best.

get over it.

Reading the Review.. It does seem to lack any real in depth review on the gameplay itself... Is the gameplay that bad???

If youve played 08 then the gameplay hasnt changed infact its even more dumb downed imo...with the exception of the quick ruck turnover this game plays virtually the same as before.

Pretty painful reading really. Will be interested to see what the other mainstream sites have to say and where rc fits in. Disappointed in the lack of detail about gameplay though. I could have written the same review from reading the forum and never playing a single game of rwc.

If the game-play itself, the new ruck method, the faster play and the increased difficulty etc aren't going to be important to a reviewer and licensing is worth such a huge write-up then I don't pay as much attention to it really.

Licensing has been a big problem with a lot of other games (Pro Evo for example) and that didn't usually feature much in the review. When features over-rule the game-play experience, then I tend to start being a lot less impressed with the reviewer.

Still getting it. Even though it sounds that most of the rest of the staff probably already have it. :)

IMO its kinda seems like the RLL version of rugby, hoping its not as bad as it says and IGN is a site i go to heaps for reviews

I agree with the overall tone of the review disappointment mixed with a dash of incredulity. With these reviews it really is a case of like it or lump it though, any rugby enthusiast who hasn't been too spoiled by madden or fifa will enjoy this game. However it doesn't reach out to a wider audience and has little or none ( depending on the individual ) lasting appeal.

6/10 for me

I think the rating for presentation is unfair, it doesn't take into account the great looking menu and the 'World in Union' soundtrack by the looks of it. Both of which I was really impressed with.