• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

This game is gold

T

toup

Guest
Originally posted by Ripper@Feb 11 2006, 01:37 AM
For anyone on World League - do the AI buy and sell players... and do the Players age? (In the screenshot on the HB website it had the age of the players on the individual stat pages so it would be logical for them to get older).

And can you create Left-Footed kickers this time round.
Yes the AI does buy and sell and yes I assume players age (they have an age stat anyway, and they do on Fifa 06 which this seems to be based on). You choose a preferred foot on create a player so assume that would be the one they kick goal with, although not actually made a goal kicker yet...
 
L

loratadine

Guest
you can also chose two kiccker for your side - short distance kicker and long distance one.
 
H

harrison2468

Guest
Originally posted by Paddy@Feb 11 2006, 11:07 AM
wats the difference and how does it work in game?
One kicks short range kicks, the other longer range - say 40m+.

There is also short and long range punters.
 
K

kaftka

Guest
Originally posted by harrison2468@Feb 11 2006, 11:39 PM
There is also short and long range punters.
Cool. I assume that the applicable kicker will be used in the pocket play?
 
H

harrison2468

Guest
Originally posted by .:kaftka:.+Feb 11 2006, 11:48 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-harrison2468
@Feb 11 2006, 11:39 PM
There is also short and long range punters.
Cool. I assume that the applicable kicker will be used in the pocket play? [/b]
Yeah, I think so mate. Tbh, I haven't really tried it out as I just use one kicker - but there is a new stat, kicking power, which makes this worthwhile.
 
H

harrison2468

Guest
The stats in this game still suck btw:

Thorne - 90-odd
Shane Williams - 99
Henson - 98

However, McCallister, Weepu can now kick, Jauzion is class, and Habana is also v.good.
 
P

Paddy

Guest
Originally posted by harrison2468+Feb 11 2006, 11:39 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-Paddy
@Feb 11 2006, 11:07 AM
wats the difference and how does it work in game?
One kicks short range kicks, the other longer range - say 40m+.

There is also short and long range punters. [/b]
oh yeh no ****

i mean like, is there a button to pass to the long kicking and short kickers?
 
T

toup

Guest
Originally posted by Paddy+Feb 11 2006, 12:20 PM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 11 2006, 11:39 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-Paddy
@Feb 11 2006, 11:07 AM
wats the difference and how does it work in game?

One kicks short range kicks, the other longer range - say 40m+.

There is also short and long range punters.
oh yeh no ****

i mean like, is there a button to pass to the long kicking and short kickers? [/b]
No, this is just from penalties if you choose to punt
 
L

lionmaul

Guest
Are there any set plays to set up mauls? I know there are alot of added set plays, it would be cool to have an intentional attempt to set up a maul, it happens all the time in rugby, that is part of the Pumas set plays. If not I do think they should add this to the next game, it seams like it would be fairly simple. Please check through all the plays, as I know it was in the lineout set plays.
 
T

toup

Guest
Originally posted by lionmaul@Feb 11 2006, 12:57 PM
Are there any set plays to set up mauls? I know there are alot of added set plays, it would be cool to have an intentional attempt to set up a maul, it happens all the time in rugby, that is part of the Pumas set plays. If not I do think they should add this to the next game, it seams like it would be fairly simple. Please check through all the plays, as I know it was in the lineout set plays.
Nope, only mauls off lineout still I'm afraid... would be a nice addition though
 
J

jimmy44

Guest
Originally posted by locksley+Feb 11 2006, 01:14 AM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-loratadine
@Feb 11 2006, 12:56 AM
o0o dear - i see what you mean
What happened? Did it throw 2 in the right direction and then throw one in the other direction?

REALLY annoying, spoiled that Camera angle for me.

Here's another lazy thing from HB. In one half, as you pass from a ruck, push up on the left stick and the player runs onto the ball as you pass it. In the other half, you have to pull DOWN on the stick to make the player run onto the ball, even though he's running up. Seriously weird. [/b]
Agreed - its the one thing that is spoiling the game for me because I don't really like classic 2 and I hate side view.

I just can't believe such an obvious error could pass through testing. I recon they rushed it out again. Do you recon they will release a patch to fix this bug? I have e-mailed HB but I'm not holding my breath!
 
E

esoj

Guest
ah cheers for the answers to some questions guys. world league sounds very interesting and very similar to rl 2 in depth
 
H

harrison2468

Guest
I just had my best game to date - Fiji(me) vs Aus in a 10min match on Pro in the RWC.

Taking a battering upfront, and generally having little decent possesion, I was down 8-0 at half-time. 20 mins into the second-half, and many try-saving tackles later, I gave away a penalty in my half. Giteau lines it up, but misses, hitting the post. Then, from behind my try-line, I set off on a run with my prop. He draws, and passes long, to Rabeni. He took it on before passing inside to Tota Vida, who gave it Caucau. Another quick pass went to floor, only to be picked up by Little just inside their half. He passed to the other winger, who sprinted to the line. This was converted. 8-7 down, with 15 mins to go on the clock.

Then I launch a long punt from kick-off to their 10. After nicking a line-out, and setting up phase one, I passed to my flanker. Without relising it was him, went to drop-kick - and it just scraped over. 10-8 up.

The last part of the match was crazy. First, I just caught up with Stapleton on the left wing to stop a score. Then I gave away a penaly again, this time out wide. Luckily, Giteau missed another kick, going well wide. With 5 mins left, Turquiri breaks, and goes for the line - only to go tap-tackled by Caucau. I manage to hold on for defence, before intercepting one of their passes, and booting out.
 
A

ak47

Guest
Originally posted by harrison2468@Feb 13 2006, 06:41 AM
I just had my best game to date - Fiji(me) vs Aus in a 10min match on Pro in the RWC.

Taking a battering upfront, and generally having little decent possesion, I was down 8-0 at half-time. 20 mins into the second-half, and many try-saving tackles later, I gave away a penalty in my half. Giteau lines it up, but misses, hitting the post. Then, from behind my try-line, I set off on a run with my prop. He draws, and passes long, to Rabeni. He took it on before passing inside to Tota Vida, who gave it Caucau. Another quick pass went to floor, only to be picked up by Little just inside their half. He passed to the other winger, who sprinted to the line. This was converted. 8-7 down, with 15 mins to go on the clock.

Then I launch a long punt from kick-off to their 10. After nicking a line-out, and setting up phase one, I passed to my flanker. Without relising it was him, went to drop-kick - and it just scraped over. 10-8 up.

The last part of the match was crazy. First, I just caught up with Stapleton on the left wing to stop a score. Then I gave away a penaly again, this time out wide. Luckily, Giteau missed another kick, going well wide. With 5 mins left, Turquiri breaks, and goes for the line - only to go tap-tackled by Caucau. I manage to hold on for defence, before intercepting one of their passes, and booting out.
:bravo: :cheers:

i need this game now

whats going on in australia

can we get it

fairdinkum ;)
 
N

Nicko

Guest
Its out in australia
i got it on saturday from EB in sydney.
and its awesome !! im getting whooped in World League on elite!
 
A

ak47

Guest
Originally posted by Nicko@Feb 13 2006, 09:41 AM
Its out in australia
i got it on saturday from EB in sydney.
and its awesome !! im getting whooped in World League on elite!
are you F***KING serious????

hear i am @ centennial park on saturday

batting #6

get out off a bump ball on 49.....my highest score

go to pub to drown my sorrows and watch the TAHS

and all this time whilst throwing up from too many JAMIES, and EA rugby 2006 is sitting at EB around the croner from home

F**** F***** F*****king SH*T

F***********************************

going at lunch...
 
C

C A Iversen

Guest
Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 13 2006, 11:09 AM
I cant believe you didnt check it out yourself!
Me neither!

Ak, what is up with you man? Go out and grab it! Plus hard luck on that 49. You'll remember going out on that for a while.
 
E

esoj

Guest
aye ak what's doing. the forum has been buzzing with people in aus having the game. stock is apparently limited though like to 25 to a store or something got mentioned a few times
 

Latest posts

Top