• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

This game is gold

A

ak47

Guest
Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 14 2006, 10:19 AM
Do things noticably make it go up and down, if so what are they, wins , tries etc??
yeah i think results effect player/team morale

and tries and point etc effect indivdual form

have taken a little notice for this

but picking the quicks off the bench, is the way to go......regardless of their morale/form, coz u can turn that around in the right direction, as u score more tries with the quicker backline

more tries means more $$, and potentially wins
 
E

esoj

Guest
oh cool this form thing sounds interesting as it affects play on the field. defintely some interesting tactics on when to sub and who to sub could come into play
 
R

raziel_eire

Guest
players def have their on pitch performance affected... particularly playing someone out of position

I played as London Irish in a game and put Flutey in as fullback as I wanted Barry Everitt at flyhalf...

Flutey could not catch a ball to save his life... he lasted until half-time!

Not great for my actual game, but good to see players are affected on the field of play!
 
C

CeeJay

Guest
What about fatigue? Does it play a big part? Can you bring a quick guy off the bench late in the game and notice the impact?
 
A

ak47

Guest
Originally posted by CeeJay@Feb 14 2006, 12:09 PM
What about fatigue? Does it play a big part? Can you bring a quick guy off the bench late in the game and notice the impact?
no when i meant off the bench i meant, u gotto change ur starting line-up with dudes from the bench coz they are quicker

i havent made mid game subs apart from an injury

and i noticed my pack was stronger in the scrum as i pushed a long way coz i had a fresh forward on the park.
 
V

veneer

Guest
Originally posted by locksley@Feb 11 2006, 12:51 AM
Have a go on the normal classic view. (The one that doesn't change camera behind the attacking team) Then:

String 3 passes together in one direction.  Tell me what happens.
Does that happen in the view where the camera changes behind the attacking team?
 
E

esoj

Guest
Originally posted by ak47+Feb 14 2006, 01:14 PM-->
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay
@Feb 14 2006, 12:09 PM
What about fatigue? Does it play a big part? Can you bring a quick guy off the bench late in the game and notice the impact?
no when i meant off the bench i meant, u gotto change ur starting line-up with dudes from the bench coz they are quicker

i havent made mid game subs apart from an injury

and i noticed my pack was stronger in the scrum as i pushed a long way coz i had a fresh forward on the park. [/b]
ah now it makes sense. still the idea of subbing would be interesting especially if you are behind in the match. do you bring your out of form speed demon or leave your inform but no speedy winger on instead.
 
H

harrison2468

Guest
Originally posted by raziel_eire@Feb 13 2006, 11:58 PM
players def have their on pitch performance affected... particularly playing someone out of position

I played as London Irish in a game and put Flutey in as fullback as I wanted Barry Everitt at flyhalf...

Flutey could not catch a ball to save his life... he lasted until half-time!

Not great for my actual game, but good to see players are affected on the field of play!
The problem with this is you need a versitile bench to cover. I had my FH sent off,with no replacement on the bench or in the side. Therefore my full-back stepped in - and dropped every ball. Quite annoying, as I had just taken the match into extra time - and was in drop-goal territory! I had to change my tactics completely, but lost in the end - in the first round of the knockout cup! :cryy:
 
H

harrison2468

Guest
Originally posted by esoj+Feb 14 2006, 02:07 AM-->
Originally posted by [email protected] 14 2006, 01:14 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-CeeJay
@Feb 14 2006, 12:09 PM
What about fatigue? Does it play a big part? Can you bring a quick guy off the bench late in the game and notice the impact?

no when i meant off the bench i meant, u gotto change ur starting line-up with dudes from the bench coz they are quicker

i havent made mid game subs apart from an injury

and i noticed my pack was stronger in the scrum as i pushed a long way coz i had a fresh forward on the park.
ah now it makes sense. still the idea of subbing would be interesting especially if you are behind in the match. do you bring your out of form speed demon or leave your inform but no speedy winger on instead. [/b]
Bring on the speed demon - it works well. For SA, I always bring on Chavanga to help out on the wing.
 
C

CeeJay

Guest
Wouldnt habana be the speed demon for SA, although hes obviously not playing off the bench.
 

Primary

The Rugby Forum Assistant
Here are some related products that The Rugby Forum members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to The Rugby Forum’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to The Rugby Forum discussions about these products.

 
 
Top