• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Top XV of the Noughties (2001 - 2010)

Shame on you sir. Holding opinions on players based on what happened to them 4 years ago when they were pitched over their heads into a struggling team as a wet behind the ears pup is both not cool and, bluntly, slightly stupid.

edit: O'Driscoll's excellence really should not be in doubt. I wish I could find a good video of the tackle that sealed the Ireland win over South Africa in 2010.

Ay?
I still want Allen at 12/13 for England, I'm just saying I've never got why a lot of people really don't rate him, but I can see from that video why a lot of people have a bad taste in their mouths over him (though his defence has def. improved now)

Phil Vickery (Eng)
Keith Wood (Ire)
Carl Hayman (NZ)
Martin Johnson (Eng)
Victor Matfield (RSA)
Serge Betsen (Fra)
Richie McCaw (NZ)
Laurence Dallgio (Eng)
George Gregan (Aus)
Daniel Carter (NZ)
Bryan Habana (RSA)
Tana Umaga(NZ)
Brian O'Driscoll (Ire)
Jonah Lomu(Fra)
Jason Robinson (Eng)
Huh?

Never mind the typo Nick, more to the point how dare he post something that's so fair and well balanced on TRF that has utter consideration for the global game, thinking better then to just shout from the skies "My hemisphere is better then yours!".

Completely unheard of on these boards!

Whoops on the typo and my well intentioned reasoning everyone knows the internet is no place for that.
I'll get me coat

Ay?
I still want Allen at 12/13 for England, I'm just saying I've never got why a lot of people really don't rate him, but I can see from that video why a lot of people have a bad taste in their mouths over him (though his defence has def. improved now)

It explains some of it, but I find it more helpful to remind everyone that they're idiots and shouldn't be listened to. ;)

Ay?

I thought having an England born 12 was generally frowned upon in England :lol:.

I thought having an England born 12 was generally frowned upon in England :lol:.
willgreenwood.jpg

I'm a rebel!

In fairness, most of the English-born 12s of the last few years have been... erm... pretty damn gash. Allen (now) and Waldouck buck the trend. But they're still the only bloody ones. Barkley can't do it at international level. Turner-Hall seems to have gone backwards. Geraghty's a bit small and can't decide whether he's 10 or 12.

Latest posts