• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2011/12

Glad we didn't take him on either way. Rather have a Scottish youngster being developed than a foreign one. We've not got the space to take on over seas players if they're not sliding straight into the 1st team and offering a lot with it.
Yeah can understand that but this is just a query - If Cathal were to sign could he be a project player that could play for Scotland in future and not use up a NIQ spot.

Yeah can understand that but this is just a query - If Cathal were to sign could he be a project player that could play for Scotland in future and not use up a NIQ spot.
You mean like visser on residency grounds? I suppose but one thing we're not short of is SHs. Not sure how it would work with the elite development programme though, only ever seen scots qualified on it.

You mean like visser on residency grounds? I suppose but one thing we're not short of is SHs. Not sure how it would work with the elite development programme though, only ever seen scots qualified on it.
No I agree as I don't think Cathal would ever be International quality was just wondering the way the system goes in general.

Ulster have also signed up Chris Farrell (Campbell), Stuart Olding (BRA), Peter Nelson (RSD) and Caleb Morrison (Ballymena Academy) for the academy as well. I think Morrison's the only one who hasn't played Ireland age-grade and I might be wrong on that too.

I played against Stuart. He's the best defensive 10 at his level in Ireland, not alot of top-end pace but very quick on his feet. Strong kicking game, great passing off both hands. He'll only be limited by what Paddy Jackson does infront of him. Farrell and Nelson were good Schools' players, and Morrison could develop well.

Last edited:
Willis has been injury prone as hell, but he's still a good player. Apparently he's going to retire but is hanging around to help Leinster out first.

I'm sure Leinster can find players with more potential in their super academy, than a 29 year old Kiwi prop, and a 26 year old journeyman scrum half who hasn't really succeeded at any of his clubs
Neither have been signed as starters. Mike Ross is on an international contract and going to the World Cup. Nathan White will probably compete with Jamie Hagan for the 3 shirt while Ross is on international duty at the World Cup and 6 Nations. The academy tightheads are 18 year old Tadhg Furlong and 20 year old Martin Moore, each of whom are at least a year away from being ready for action in the Pro12.

Cillian Willis is just World Cup cover. In the event that Eoin Reddan and Isaac Boss are World Cup bound, Leinster only have John Cooney and Luke McGrath on their roster. Neither have played a competitive pro game yet with McGrath just a month out of school. Willis is a sensible if unspectacular signing.

Last edited:
Lads ye have to remember the Irish players are missing up until November and again for 6 Nations then add in their rest periods and well that a very large chunk of the season so as Snoop said most signings are to cover these periods.

I'm predicting International guys will play only 5 or 6 games in the Magners :D (Pro12) at best.

PD, YOUVE MISSED 2 TRANSFERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mathew Tait (Sale Sharks-Leicester Tigers)
Tom French (London Wasps-Barking RFC)

Hi does anyone no whether Worcester's new signings of sam betty and Fijian revai fatiaki are any good because ive never heard of them before

Could have sworn someone was adamant he was on his way to Sale :rolleyes:

That surely would imply that Steve Diamond would ever consider signing a back.
URL]

Latest posts