• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2015/16

Corbisiero leaves Saints with immediate effect!

No word on where he's going.

EDIT: oh of course, his one year sabbatical.

Last edited:
Corbisiero leaves Saints with immediate effect!

No word on where he's going.

EDIT: oh of course, his one year sabbatical.

I may be, and probably will be proved to be, but my feeling is that he will never get back to international status and will struggle to get back to AP level. Sad!

Miller, Basset and Macken all resign with Wasps. But Alex Lozowski confirmed as leaving for Saracens.

http://www.wasps.co.uk/news/article/2016/01/13/miller-macken-and-bassett-commit-to-wasps

Really gutted about this. Jackson has arguably been the better starter for Wasps at fly half, and Gopperth brings experience. So really feel for the lad being blocked for game time. I thought this season we might have seen more of Lozowski and allowed him more game time to develop further.

Wish him the best of luck at Saracens and for hopefully a very bright international career too.

He can't have expected to get more game time last season, given he was signed as 3rd choice, and Jackson was broken for the season after 2 weeks.

Add to the fact he told Wasps he was off at the start of the season, and I strongly suspect location is the issue. He signed for us when we were in London, with no knowledge of the move, and Sarries and Quins were the linked clubs.

Sarries can certainly develop him more easily than we can, they could play a prop at 10 and win games, I just hope they let him play a bit.

The South African international JJ Engelbrecht joins Ospreys for the next season

The South African international JJ Engelbrecht joins Ospreys for the next season

I rated him highly as a winger back when he played there for the WP age grade teams. I can't blame the man for moving off; he is behind a number of players for a center spot for both Bokke and Bulls and getting a look in at wing is tough for a white guy in SA especially now with racial quotas seeing as we have so many handy black/colored wingers.

Sounds like a good signing for the Ospreys. He'll likely play mostly at center, as they are short someone with a bit of creativity there with Ashley Beck injured. No disrespect to Spratt and John, but they're not quite good enough imo. They're both solid enough players, but below the quality of players that surrounds them. Imo, the Ospreys probably have the worst centre options of all four regions.

I do hope Beck can recover well from his latest injury, and actually stay fit. I think he's a really classy player. Slot a pacey outside center alongside him, and that'd improve the Ospreys backline no end.

When is JJ joining the Ospreys? From what I read in a month which would mean the Bulls released him from his current contract. Can't blame him or the Bulls really.

Sounds like a good signing for the Ospreys. He'll likely play mostly at center, as they are short someone with a bit of creativity there with Ashley Beck injured. No disrespect to Spratt and John, but they're not quite good enough imo. They're both solid enough players, but below the quality of players that surrounds them. Imo, the Ospreys probably have the worst centre options of all four regions.

I do hope Beck can recover well from his latest injury, and actually stay fit. I think he's a really classy player. Slot a pacey outside center alongside him, and that'd improve the Ospreys backline no end.

I really rate Ben John actually, he was pretty outstanding last season I thought! Apparently Gatland was interested until he got injured, and more injury woes have meant he's barely played this season (if at all!).

Good signing for the Ospreys anyway, they've been crying out for a pacey outside center all season! Bishop retiring and injuries to Beck and John mean they're pretty thin in that area at the moment. They were even forced to stick Sam Davies at 13 the other day vs Bordeaux when Spratt went off early with an injury...

Makes sense he's not starting for Bath, Exeter are a team on the up and it's not miles away from his family (if they still live in Yeovil it's no difference at all in terms of time travelled). Does probably mean Slade at 12 is not going to happen at Exeter.

- - - Updated - - -

Plus Eastmond just signed on for an extra two years at Bath so it's not like the prospect is opening up any time soon.

Makes sense he's not starting for Bath, Exeter are a team on the up and it's not miles away from his family (if they still live in Yeovil it's no difference at all in terms of time travelled). Does probably mean Slade at 12 is not going to happen at Exeter.

I'm very pleased with the signing. Jones has said he doesn't mind if they don't play there for their clubs, he'll still consider them at international.

Does mean Steenson will be phased put/leave (to Munster maybe?) over the next year.

Potentially an all English backline:
9. Chudley 10. Slade 11. Short 12. Hill 13. Devoto 14. Woodburn 15. Nowell

Crazy Ford didn't play him more once he showed he could handle it.

Eastmond is very good, but Preistland now is getting more time than him @12.

I'm very pleased with the signing. Jones has said he doesn't mind if they don't play there for their clubs, he'll still consider them at international.

Does mean Steenson will be phased put/leave (to Munster maybe?) over the next year.

Potentially an all English backline:
9. Chudley 10. Slade 11. Short 12. Hill 13. Devoto 14. Woodburn 15. Nowell

Wings look like the biggest weakness .

Crazy Ford didn't play him more once he showed he could handle it.

Eastmond is very good, but Preistland now is getting more time than him @12.

Quite annoyed that we've allowed this to happen. It's not as if Preistland has even looked competent at 12. Devo, whilst still raw, has been forced to play at 12,13 and 15 at times. Can't blame him to looking to leave. Though I'm not convinced Chiefs are the best move for him. Would have thought owning the 12 shirt at Wasps (which was rumoured) would have been a better fit.

Last edited:

Latest posts