• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers 2015/16

Guy Armitage to join Wasps next season

http://www.skysports.com/rugby-unio.../guy-armitage-to-join-wasps-from-london-welsh

Armitage said: "It's great to be joining a very talented group of players and coaching staff at Wasps.

"I'll be meeting up with quite a few of my England age group squad - Elliot Daly, Christian Wade, Dan Robson, Sam Jones and Joe Launchbury - so it will be nice to have some familiar faces.

"Dai Young shows great confidence in his squad and you can see the players have bought into his plan and excelled.

"For sure, it's an exciting new challenge for me and I feel I am ready. I would like to thank London Welsh for the opportunity they have given me to get so much game time. I've really enjoyed playing with a fine group and will be wishing them all the best for next season."

Worcs sign Francois Hougaard on permanent deal according to Paul Williams on twitter (not seen any official confirmation yet)

Yep.

Nate Ebner: Patriots --> USA Sevens.

Good bit of business if he's still any good (was a very good junior player).

Mike Coman (Flanker) - Edinburgh ---> London Irish
Greg Tonks (10/15) - Edinburgh ---> London Irish - Gone already
Glenn Bryce (Centre) - Glasgow ---> Edinburgh
Jason Tovey (Fly-Half) - Dragons ---> Edinburgh - On Loan

Last edited:
I remember the aulden days when Munster were signing Doug Howlett and Christian Cullen. :D

In fairness. Andress only here due to IRFU stipulation and wont be much of a big hope but well O'Shea I've always said should never have left but any Worcester fans will back me in saying he's a top player only getting to his prime. I'm shocked Leinster didn't try for him instead of Nagle as he genuinely can make international class.

In fairness. Andress only here due to IRFU stipulation and wont be much of a big hope but well O'Shea I've always said should never have left but any Worcester fans will back me in saying he's a top player only getting to his prime. I'm shocked Leinster didn't try for him instead of Nagle as he genuinely can make international class.

Yeah I know it's IRFU stipulation. I know we're capable of getting better without their rules, I jut think it's ridiculous. Agree regards O'Shea. He definitely did the right thing in going to get game time when we were congested with locks and he's definitely the better prospect than Nagle. He's probably been targeting a homecoming for a while

Hasn't O'Shea been bumped down the Worcester pecking order by Donncha O'Callaghan, a player Munster cut loose?

I admire O'Shea's self belief in moving from Munster a couple of seasons ago to get game time rather than rotting in the academy. It'll have done his progress no harm.

Agreed about Ian Nagle. Seems a bizarre signing. Mick Kearney, Ross Molony and James Ryan are all younger and more talented while Mike McCarthy and Devin Toner are both better players.

Hasn't O'Shea been bumped down the Worcester pecking order by Donncha O'Callaghan, a player Munster cut loose?

I admire O'Shea's self belief in moving from Munster a couple of seasons ago to get game time rather than rotting in the academy. It'll have done his progress no harm.

Agreed about Ian Nagle. Seems a bizarre signing. Mick Kearney, Ross Molony and James Ryan are all younger and more talented while Mike McCarthy and Devin Toner are both better players.

No I think he's had few ****les but anytime I've seen him play he's been very good. And Donnacha chose to leave here. But I think O'Shea for me is a great signing. Not expensive but could be a top player and is young.

Latest posts