• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Wouldn't have thought Chiefs would want him. We've got Nowell, Short and Woodburn on the wings and our log pile at centre so not sure where he'd fit in

Exeter could do with another decent back 3 player tho. Shorts not consistent, Nowells away with England a lot and I haven't seen much great from Turner when he's played. Who's next in line behind them? Max Bodily?

Exeter could do with another decent back 3 player tho. Shorts not consistent, Nowells away with England a lot and I haven't seen much great from Turner when he's played. Who's next in line behind them? Max Bodily?

Is Short inconsistent? He's impressed me every time he's played this season; I rate him more than Woodburn. He's perfectly good cover for when Nowell's away.

I agree Chiefs could do with another quality back three player but I'd say it's needed much more at fullback than on the wing. And Betham doesn't solve the fullback issue.

Is Short inconsistent? He's impressed me every time he's played this season; I rate him more than Woodburn. He's perfectly good cover for when Nowell's away.

I agree Chiefs could do with another quality back three player but I'd say it's needed much more at fullback than on the wing. And Betham doesn't solve the fullback issue.

i mean Betham did come to Tigers as a Wing/Full back injuries just meant he played 13.

Any idea why Woodward turned Chiefs down for Gloucester? Seems like a bizarre decision to me ...

Chiefs can do a lot better than Betham though. He's decent enough but when you've just won the Premiership, I think you can aim a bit higher ...

Any idea why Woodward turned Chiefs down for Gloucester? Seems like a bizarre decision to me ...

Chiefs can do a lot better than Betham though. He's decent enough but when you've just won the Premiership, I think you can aim a bit higher ...

I know Baxter and the squad like make a point of that they don't make big money signings, they try to be more grass roots, so Betham would fall more within that bracket.

No idea why Woodward turned us down, I guess Gloucester were just offering more.

Don't get me wrong, I like the Exeter philosophy, but I don't think you can stay at the top and challenge in Europe by signing players like Betham.

Woodward would have been more like it. They've also done well out of signing ex-internationals like Waldrom or Parling, so that might be the route to take. What about someone like Abendanon?

Don't get me wrong, I like the Exeter philosophy, but I don't think you can stay at the top and challenge in Europe by signing players like Betham.

Woodward would have been more like it. They've also done well out of signing ex-internationals like Waldrom or Parling, so that might be the route to take. What about someone like Abendanon?

I completely agree with you, I think it was glaringly apparent on Saturday that our lack of real star quality is to our detriment, we just don't seem to be able to break the line. I'd love to see us sign a top quality FB and lock, and would've thought our salary cap could accommodate it, however I just can't see Baxter going for it. He's got a winning formula and I can't see him deterring from it.

Woodward spent time with Hartpury when he was younger - seems like the most likely reason.

I know Baxter and the squad like make a point of that they don't make big money signings, they try to be more grass roots, so Betham would fall more within that bracket.

No idea why Woodward turned us down, I guess Gloucester were just offering more.

Not sure about that Betham is on a fair amount at tigers currently.

I mean if Clermont are lookingat him aswell the price will go up.

Not sure about that Betham is on a fair amount at tigers currently.

I mean if Clermont are lookingat him aswell the price will go up.

I don't doubt he's worth a decent amount but he's not a Beale/Le Roux type of signing is he, not a proper marque player.

Latest posts