• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Transfers rumours

Yep - seeing that Lynch "only" has 3m means that it must be a pretty big name if it's only on one video... would be a pretty weird way of phrasing it if they meant it was spread over multiple videos though.

If it's worth an attention seeking tweet, then I'd assume they're fairly well known.

Didn't know Conan to Ulster was a possibility! I'd rather keep Conan and give you Murphy, I see Conan being a starter within 18 months ahead of Heaslip. Could be quicker playing with Ulster though!

It surfaced as a rumour and then went straight back underwater (although the rumour of a back rower has been strong all season). I can totally see why Leinster would prefer to keep Conan which is why I want him... although I can also see Conan going north for a couple of seasons then buggering off.

Handy player and still young. Stuck behind a logjam of some very good scrumhalves.
Thanks for the info. What type of a scrum half is he or could you compare his style to another player in the same position?

Project player for Ireland?
I presume that's part of the attraction. With Eoin Reddan and Isaac Boss both 35 and out of contract at the end of the season, Leinster have an opening at scrum half.

Johnny McNicholl (Crusaders-Scarlets)
Rynier Bernardo (Ospreys-Scarlets)
Tim Nanai-Williams (Japan-Cardiff Blues/Scarlets)
Kirby Myhill (Scarlets-Cardiff Blues)
Gareth Evans (Gloucester-Scarlets)
Rory Pitman (Scarlets-released)

Not sure if all true, but all ones I've heard recently

Thanks for the info. What type of a scrum half is he or could you compare his style to another player in the same position?

I presume that's part of the attraction. With Eoin Reddan and Isaac Boss both 35 and out of contract at the end of the season, Leinster have an opening at scrum half.

If I had to compare him to another player it would probably be TJ Peranara. He's athletic, good at counter attacking and looks good with some messy ball. His delivery isn't Aaron Smith quick, but it's not overly labored either.

True enough but he hasn't played his best stuff since '14 now and at his very best he's our no. 23 when we have a full squad to pick from, having to battle it out with VDF, Conan and possibly Leavy who's due a break out season will be tricky, Dominick Ryan too if he can stop slipping into irrelevance in the Leinster set up. Jordi does have the ability to do it and it'd probably make more sense to loan Leavy or Ryan to Connacht but with the offer apparently on the table Connacht, or any other province but Leinster, could help Jordi's career, Ulster would be a great switch, he'd have to play great stuff to get the start but lining out with Marcell Coetzee could only help him improve.

I have always thought Jordi Murphy to Ulster makes sense! Nick Williams thankfully moves on at the end of the season and Coetzee is better in the flank than at 8. Our backrow is our biggest need right now and i could definitely see it happening with the IRFU pushing Henderson to play in the 2nd row.

Back row of Marcell Coetzee - Jordi Murphy - Chris Henry is definitely an exciting prospect!

We're announcing our new 10 in the next week or so and one of the names (along with the Zebre flyhalf.......) is AJ MacGinty.

Him or Flood would be cracking.
Followed by Priestland.
Followed by Italian guy.
Followed by me.
Followed by Tim Payne.
Followed by Ryan Lamb.

We're announcing our new 10 in the next week or so and one of the names (along with the Zebre flyhalf.......) is AJ MacGinty.

Him or Flood would be cracking.
Followed by Priestland.
Followed by Italian guy.
Followed by me.
Followed by Tim Payne.
Followed by Ryan Lamb.

AJ McGinty? Well yeah he's leaving Connacht most likely due to NIQ rules, and none of the other provinces can really take him but he's..... Ok? Surprised but happy his professional career has extended beyond a year to be honest. He's not a bad player but he's not a world beater either, definitely as far as his kicking from hand and tee is concerned.
By Zebre guy you mean Haimona, the actually Italian guy or Ian McKinley?

Carlo Canna is the Italian.

Also it's "MacGinty" you racist.

Hime being only "OK" still puts him way ahead of Ryan Lamb, who is being highly touted.