• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF 21 Patch

If you're changing the stadiums for Scarlets and Ospreys, is it possible to use the model for the Madejski Stadium in the game (London Irish's ground) instead of Murrayfield? Murrayfield is MUCH bigger than the Liberty Stadium and Parc Y Scarlets in real life.

Thanks a lot, ama1 !
Also, i have the feeling injuries and fatigue issues happen quiet less with that database than before. Don't know if it comes from the mod or not but it's a bit frustrating to always have my "A" players in form (even with injuries and fatigue at max level on siders)
I will make a prayer for you, in exchange I will want you to increase the level of the AI in defense as in attack, I will want the matches to be difficult to win. Sunday I will go to mass, My prayers will be directed for you. Thank you, Ama, god protect you.
i use tricks to make games harder if you are interested :
- i'm not allowed to sprint when defending
- not allowed to press the button to jump to tackle
- i never use side steps, handoff, shoulder charge after first pass from a ruck
- always try to use the jumpers that are related to the hooker's throw when defending (not trying to intercept with first jumper when throw is for second jumper)
- i press the kick/punt button until i stop pressing it when aiming (makes the punts way shorter and quiet similar to the AI, except very good AI kickers)
- during Mauls, when defending, i have to get all the players i can inside the maul before pushing (gives 3 or 4 seconds to the AI to push). When attacking, i push until there is a player that stops the acceleration (3 or 4 seconds aswell)

I still win too easily with that, but i got two losses this season in division 2, so it does balance the game better. Big issues are the AI always quick throwing line-outs when possible, which gives interception or lose ball, or knock-on...

Think everyone has resistance against injuries (Checkbox 9)

One thing I always use to make the game harder for myself is to select only one defender per phase, meaning when you select eg Itoje to takle Stander, if Stander passes to Sexton(before being tackled) I wait for Itoje to stand up and chase with him

Saracens also have a custom Murrayfield stadium, but with Sale flags in it. Allianz Park (or whatever their real current ground is called now) is a v small ground in real life and looks more like Rugby 08's Adams Park or another small ground.

Think everyone has resistance against injuries (Checkbox 9)

One thing I always use to make the game harder for myself is to select only one defender per phase, meaning when you select eg Itoje to takle Stander, if Stander passes to Sexton(before being tackled) I wait for Itoje to stand up and chase with him
You can globally disable Injuries in the Roster Editor (Checkbox 9) as well as alter the Performance Ratings for each player
Once you alter the Team Ratings, you'll notice the AI is significantly better or you can modify the set piece xml files.

Thanks for pointing these issues out.

I have added the crowds back in to Scarlets, Bloemfontein stadiums.
I can't locate the West Glamorgan stadium file. Might have to use process monitor to identify the .big file.

I have reverted Le Parc back to its original file. I chucked a Brive logo on top of the Toulon ball and got rid of the weird green textures.

Fixed the Australian flag error in WL.

PRO12 posters are still showing. Probably need to go through each PRO 12 stadium and replace the textures.fsh within each stadiums .big file

Josh Adams is no longer blonde.

As always - latest uploads will always be in the first post.
I've noticed the Sunwolves were currently using the ball from Australia A Any updates on adjusting the Referee kits or removing thigh tapes from referees?

Ama1 please, can I have the name or the file number r to increase the level of the AI. Thank you

I've noticed the Sunwolves were currently using the ball from Australia A Any updates on adjusting the Referee kits or removing thigh tapes from referees?
Ama1 and dcwilko90 please, can I have the name or the file number r to increase the level of the AI. Thank you :)

I downloaded the hexadecimal

Hey Ama, is there a way to set a roster to default in WL without using the editor? For example, I was thinking of using trf 2010 patch for WL and just dragging across all my favourite kits from the 5 different patches I have but what I would really like to do is use your new roster on 2010's base WL (due to 2010's patches WL being fairly complete with minimal issues in regards to fixtures, stadiums etc). Do you know if that's achievable??

ps I'm only doing this due to your modding file list being awesome and showing me all the file id's etc.

Cheers bro!

Ama1 and dcwilko90 please, can I have the name or the file number r to increase the level of the AI. Thank you :)

You'll need to use either the newest version of Woosaaah's Rugby 08 Editor & replace the .rdf file with the one available within the Patch or from the data.gob or use ama's excel spreadsheet, which would be more accurate.
Hey Ama, is there a way to set a roster to default in WL without using the editor? For example, I was thinking of using trf 2010 patch for WL and just dragging across all my favourite kits from the 5 different patches I have but what I would really like to do is use your new roster on 2010's base WL (due to 2010's patches WL being fairly complete with minimal issues in regards to fixtures, stadiums etc). Do you know if that's achievable??

ps I'm only doing this due to your modding file list being awesome and showing me all the file id's etc.

Cheers bro!

You can modify the list of unrestricted players available within the Recruitment menu, the list of available players within the World League, bonuses & rewards offered, as well as job security & initial team swaps in (2de97b250f07a369610d6087471b7aad.xml)

The biggest issue you're going to have is the MUP10 (TRF10) isn't backwards compatible with the earlier patches as MUP09 was an International patch unless you've Wilkos SuperPatch which was basically Rugby08 with updated rosters.

Theoretically, if the game is able to recognise your be29*** & dc371**.english file, it should work, however, you're limited to only using Mini Kits released after 2009.

The Teams List has been helpful, however teams like Agen which appeared in MUP10 & now in MUP 21 have no file lists assigned.

I've managed to accumulate all the TV Swipe files for the default teams in the original game using MUP17 & MUP09, but the issue for me is not having any of the 09 Kits.. Currently, for whatever reason, I've had issues with activating the Lions, Maori All Blacks & Pacific Islanders by default on a clean installation, however these all work in my MUP17 Patch Folder?

Regarding your WL Roster, you can edit the Tournmanent file in the Roster Editor however, If for whatever reason the editor crashes it will corrupt your Tournament file. This was how I was able to bypass the limitations of the number of Star Players available in your team.

Does anyone have the list of the current Star Players?

You'll need to use either the newest version of Woosaaah's Rugby 08 Editor & replace the .rdf file with the one available within the Patch or from the data.gob or use ama's excel spreadsheet, which would be more accurate.

You can modify the list of unrestricted players available within the Recruitment menu, the list of available players within the World League, bonuses & rewards offered, as well as job security & initial team swaps in (2de97b250f07a369610d6087471b7aad.xml)

The biggest issue you're going to have is the MUP10 (TRF10) isn't backwards compatible with the earlier patches as MUP09 was an International patch unless you've Wilkos SuperPatch which was basically Rugby08 with updated rosters.

Theoretically, if the game is able to recognise your be29*** & dc371**.english file, it should work, however, you're limited to only using Mini Kits released after 2009.

The Teams List has been helpful, however teams like Agen which appeared in MUP10 & now in MUP 21 have no file lists assigned.

I've managed to accumulate all the TV Swipe files for the default teams in the original game using MUP17 & MUP09, but the issue for me is not having any of the 09 Kits.. Currently, for whatever reason, I've had issues with activating the Lions, Maori All Blacks & Pacific Islanders by default on a clean installation, however these all work in my MUP17 Patch Folder?

Regarding your WL Roster, you can edit the Tournmanent file in the Roster Editor however, If for whatever reason the editor crashes it will corrupt your Tournament file. This was how I was able to bypass the limitations of the number of Star Players available in your team.

the ones I've noticed: Ntamack, Vakatawa, Russell, Hogg, Tuilagi, Farrell, Itoje, Aaron Smith, Beuden Barrett, Jordie Barrett, Ardie Savea, Mo'unga, Kolbe, Faf, Du Toit, Pollard, Matera, Sexton, O'Mahony, James Ryan, Josh Adams

I'm giving up. If one day you have the idea of granting my dearest wish, thank you in advance. I would like the AI to be as strong as possible in defense and attack.
God bless you:) DCWILKO90:

I know you are generous

Thanks a lot, ama1 !
Also, i have the feeling injuries and fatigue issues happen quiet less with that database than before. Don't know if it comes from the mod or not but it's a bit frustrating to always have my "A" players in form (even with injuries and fatigue at max level on siders)

i use tricks to make games harder if you are interested :
- i'm not allowed to sprint when defending
- not allowed to press the button to jump to tackle
- i never use side steps, handoff, shoulder charge after first pass from a ruck
- always try to use the jumpers that are related to the hooker's throw when defending (not trying to intercept with first jumper when throw is for second jumper)
- i press the kick/punt button until i stop pressing it when aiming (makes the punts way shorter and quiet similar to the AI, except very good AI kickers)
- during Mauls, when defending, i have to get all the players i can inside the maul before pushing (gives 3 or 4 seconds to the AI to push). When attacking, i push until there is a player that stops the acceleration (3 or 4 seconds aswell)

I still win too easily with that, but i got two losses this season in division 2, so it does balance the game better. Big issues are the AI always quick throwing line-outs when possible, which gives interception or lose ball, or knock-on...

You edit the following stats to increase the AI;

On top of the individual player stats, increase the following;
Gap defense
Aggression (I believe this makes the AI's attack with more intent)
Discipline (AI's willingness to set their defensive line and get on side, less high tackles...etc)

I modded the set play xml files, because i found the AI uses alot of pre-programmed set plays.
I shifted the attack flatter and wider, so that players are constantly in motion while getting into position and is less predictable.

the ones I've noticed: Ntamack, Vakatawa, Russell, Hogg, Tuilagi, Farrell, Itoje, Aaron Smith, Beuden Barrett, Jordie Barrett, Ardie Savea, Mo'unga, Kolbe, Faf, Du Toit, Pollard, Matera, Sexton, O'Mahony, James Ryan, Josh Adams
Yes, these are the ones I picked.
I might change the stars - depending on current form, for example (Josh Adams - Louis Rees Zammit, Aaron Smith or Faf for Dupont...etc, etc)

I have just replaced the original star players with a player who would benefit from their special ability, i.e; Wilkinson = Sexton (Kicking, Goal Kicking), Jerry Collins = Pieter Steph du Toit (Tackling), B O'Driscoll = Vakatawa (Offloading), C.Latham = J.Barrett (Punt distance)..etc, etc

I'm too stupid to understand

can someone give me the line and the file to find

-gap defense
-Aggression
-Disciplined
Thank you

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2021-03-03 193747.png
    Capture d’écran 2021-03-03 193747.png
    283.3 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
Thanks Tommy, I've been wondered if whether or the former Star Player Attributes were retired with past players.
Does anyone know which players now have the Big Boots?

You edit the following stats to increase the AI;

On top of the individual player stats, increase the following;
Gap defense
Aggression (I believe this makes the AI's attack with more intent)
Discipline (AI's willingness to set their defensive line and get on side, less high tackles...etc)

I modded the set play xml files, because i found the AI uses alot of pre-programmed set plays.
I shifted the attack flatter and wider, so that players are constantly in motion while getting into position and is less predictable.

I've deliberately increased the Gap Defense & noticed it's made the game extremely hard, especially against teams like Australia, South Africa & Argentina.
I've been meaning to test out these set-piece xml files, however, I've been busy compiling a revised MUP09 update.
Do you happen to have the filenames for Agen ama?

Hey,
just got a crash while loading a game between Castres and Scarlets in World League's Division 3, playing in Castres' stadium (named Bourgoin but i think it's Bordeaux's one), i have no idea what that is coming from. Also, will there be an update with the right stadiums for each teams (some has different stadiums as their own even though their stadiums are actually in the game) ?

Latest posts