• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

TRF Magazine

S

St Helens RLFC

Would this be of interest to you or not?

Basically it has been a long term dream of mine to open TRF Magazine up for some period of time. I can edit the magazine and be in charge of making it look good. I have a degree in such things. Imagine it... the first ever cross code magazine, produced and published for TRF by TRF.

A pipedream of course. Publications cost thousands of pounds to begin. Would only be able to do that if I became uber-rich. What we CAN do though is an online version. We have the writers, I have the skill to make it look good, I'm sure we can get the material.

We could have a one off subscription cost, or pay per issue. Or maybe we can attract sponsorship...

The possibilities are endless if we want them to be. To dream, the impossible dream...

D

DC

how about create a online magazine, with a marginal subscription cost or maybe a cost for membership to the site i.e. Have a site which splits off from TRF called something like The Rugby Zone or something, where it is a news source, articles, pictures, previews for league play i.e. gp, cl, then rugby league, and all the other stuff that would go into a traditional rugby magazine, and then host it on the web with maybe a membership cost once it got either more recognized or more popular

i think that would be the best first step toward a magazine, than to just go all balls in and publish one, you need to garner the public's attention first.. you gettin what im saying?