• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Unlockables

I agree, phew it is terrible playing the game on easy (even though it was only 5 min a side) The game got so boring with me running in try after try

I beat Wales 66-0, France 54-0, Scotland 77-0, Italy 56-0 Only Ireland did well and restricted me to 38-0 or something like that.

I was thinking that maybe you unlock the Northern and Southern teams by winning in the World League. They do mention you have to play 3 divisions. Maybe when you win promotion you unlock a team as a bonus.

Hopefully you can unlock the World team by simply winning the World Cup, even if you have to do it on hard.

The only problem is that beating the computer is hard (well really f****** hard) You need quite a bit of luck to win trophies, such as if you loose to Ireland in the 6 Nations, hope that they maybe lose against France and you beat France and your points difference will be better and stuff like that.

Anyway, will continue to win trophies and keep you guys posted if I spot anything different.

I try to limit my easy matches to 14 - 0 or so by running around the pitch and wasting time. avoid letting the ball go into to touch cause the clock stops.

I won the World Cup on medium and nothing happened.

Who knows.

At the rate this is going, it is going to be sooooo frustrating to figure out how to unlock those bloody teams

Imagine they put it there just so that we will play the game on all the different modes That will be sick LOL
<

Originally posted by captainamerica@Mar 19 2005, 09:14 AM
I try to limit my easy matches to 14 - 0 or so by running around the pitch and wasting time. avoid letting the ball go into to touch cause the clock stops.

I won the World Cup on medium and nothing happened.

Who knows.
Just out of interest Capt, who do you mostly play with as your country, i.e. during that WC that you won?

I'd assume it's not usally the USA?
<

Jamie Gough

Originally posted by Stormers@Mar 19 2005, 09:10 AM
I agree, phew it is terrible playing the game on easy (even though it was only 5 min a side) The game got so boring with me running in try after try

I beat Wales 66-0, France 54-0, Scotland 77-0, Italy 56-0 Only Ireland did well and restricted me to 38-0 or something like that.

I was thinking that maybe you unlock the Northern and Southern teams by winning in the World League. They do mention you have to play 3 divisions. Maybe when you win promotion you unlock a team as a bonus.

Hopefully you can unlock the World team by simply winning the World Cup, even if you have to do it on hard.

The only problem is that beating the computer is hard (well really f****** hard) You need quite a bit of luck to win trophies, such as if you loose to Ireland in the 6 Nations, hope that they maybe lose against France and you beat France and your points difference will be better and stuff like that.

Anyway, will continue to win trophies and keep you guys posted if I spot anything different.
Please Stormers, could you send me your profile file in order to check if I can force acomplishments ?

I'm not sure, but maybe u have to win Six Nations with every team on every difficulty to get NH. It would stink but it is a possibility.

Jacko, if that is the case, we will throw dead rats onto EA's lawn.

Goughy, I used the All Blacks to win the World Cup, as well as my Tri-Nations (both on Medium). If you have to win everything to unlock anything, unfortunately, it's pointless playing as South Africa in the Tri-Nations - though I support them, as you'll be missing out on an additional trophy.

Ireland will win all my 6 Nations.

We gotta find out how you unlock this stuff -- I don't know if I want to rush through and get it done, or do everything at my pace, including Lions Tours with all the warm-up matches.

Bah - screw the unlockables. It's not like you can create a tournament and throw'em in the mix.

And why not make the Barbarians selection from the entire world as it normally is? Cause EA want to put all the top players in their own gay kits.

Someone find me a dead rat.

This is quite the mystery. I've won the tri, six, ten, lions tour, and world cup all on normal and no unlockables/rewards... It would seem odd to make a player win it on easy if he can do it on Normal and the same with Hard/Normal.

Be nice to know if someone knows how to unlock them or maybe if this info will be released by EA in the near future.

Why would anyone even want to unlock all these stupid makebelieve non useable(in a comp) teams?? hell, look at all the cool real teams that are available!!!!

Originally posted by CeeJay@Mar 19 2005, 11:49 AM
Why would anyone even want to unlock all these stupid makebelieve non useable(in a comp) teams?? hell, look at all the cool real teams that are available!!!!
Yeah, like the Lions in Play Now mode?

If u can play as the lions i would have thought it would be as a representative team as they represent the british isles or somethin (it sounds like something EA would do) but i have no idea how to unlock them or anything else as off yet

Originally posted by Jester@Mar 19 2005, 12:18 PM
If u can play as the lions i would have thought it would be as a representative team as they represent the british isles or somethin (it sounds like something EA would do) but i have no idea how to unlock them or anything else as off yet
You can play as the lions on a tour... there are numerous tours available including warm up matches. Another example of how in depth and realistic this game is. A great first effort from the EA Sports Canada lads. Let's make sure we give them their kudos

Well I am going to play the 10 nations wnd try to win it on all three skill levels. will chekc, maybe this unlocks something !!???

Originally posted by Stormers@Mar 19 2005, 02:55 PM
Well I am going to play the 10 nations wnd try to win it on all three skill levels. will chekc, maybe this unlocks something !!???
It might do.

The quickest thing that I can think of that might unlock something would be to play as the Lions and win 2 of the 3 Test matches. If you win the first 2, you can forfeit the 3rd and still win it the banner (that gets put up in your Trophy Room).

You'd only have to win a total of 18 matches if you just do all the Tests on all the difficulties.

Tri Nations would only be 12 for all the difficulties, but if the 6 Nations didn't unlock anything . . .

Well yeah that is the problem. If the 6 Nations did nothing, the Tri Nations wont either, but maybe you unlock both, Northern and Southern Stars by winning the 10 Nations tournament on Normal and Hard

Just a thought

also don`t forget to check the create a player

i have the xbox version and when i try to manually edit the face and other details the game says that those features are locked (with a padlock).... how do you unlock them???

also in the world league... if you go to "player recruitment" and cycle through the catergories (free agents, european, s12 etc) for different players it has a catergory called "STORAGE" and it is blank for 3 teams....

can you create your own team? cos in the xbox version there is no place in the main menu where you can???

ahhh i just went back to the create a player you can adjust the facial features.... you just have to actually select the feature such as "chin and jaw" not just highlight it.

i just finished the tri nations on all difficulties and nothing happened though

but i do have 2 theories....

1. maybe we will never be able to play as those teams because maybe HB Studios never ended up linking those uniforms and teams.

and theory 2 .....
is that we will never get to play as those teams..... instead if we finish all of the tornaments on different difficulties you may have to play AGAINST the those teams which will be cpu controlled. Kinda like playing a special team at the end of jonah lomu or world championship rugby

Originally posted by Sallad Tobar@Mar 20 2005, 01:47 PM
ahhh i just went back to the create a player you can adjust the facial features.... you just have to actually select the feature such as "chin and jaw" not just highlight it.

i just finished the tri nations on all difficulties and nothing happened though

but i do have 2 theories....

1. maybe we will never be able to play as those teams because maybe HB Studios never ended up linking those uniforms and teams.

and theory 2 .....
is that we will never get to play as those teams..... instead if we finish all of the tornaments on different difficulties you may have to play AGAINST the those teams which will be cpu controlled. Kinda like playing a special team at the end of jonah lomu or world championship rugby
Theory 1 is wrong. I was able to play theses teams via modified tournaments.

ok.....

i have won the div 1 world league on normal and still nothing has been unlocked....

at the moment i`ve got tropheys for super 12, tri nations and world league div 1,2 , 3 and the knockout world league cup aswell...

must have to win more things to unlock em!