• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2022 / 2023 Round 1

I attended the Scarlets-Ospreys match. The quality was up and down, but both halves ended in, let's just say, an interesting fashion, and I think the draw was a fair result.
I was there too. Decent atmosphere, the match was hardly a classic but I've seen worse. Os never really seemed in control despite going 10-0 up, while Scarlets looked to have everything tidily wrapped up in the 2nd half, but blew it; specifically with a long ecampment on Os' 5m line for no gain, when any score whould have sealed the win. Even as an Os fan, I can't explain how Tipuric avoided a yellow for his late hit on McNichol. Costelow and J Williams looked sharp for Scarlets, Hawkins starting to look the business for Os. Superb sang-froid from young debutant Jack Walsh to nail the wide conversion with the final kick, against a wall of noise, and earn the draw that Os maybe just barely deserved.

We need a try before the end of the half to pull us back in here.

And there it is. Lineout has been our saving grace with a misfiring backline and poor performing scrum. Seems we do need our Springbok props back sooner rather than later. Need to keep up the momentum in the second half and not just get camped out on our own try line.

Edinburgh defense looking solid though.