TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
Fri 23 Dec Sharks v Lions (3pm)

Fri 23 Dec Stormers v Bulls (5.15pm)

Fri 23 Dec Connacht v Ulster (7.35pm)

Fri 23 Dec Glasgow Warriors v Edinburgh (7.35pm)

Sat 24 Dec Benetton v Zebre Parma (12.30pm)

Mon 26 Dec Dragons v Cardiff (2.15pm)

Mon 26 Dec Ospreys v Scarlets (5.15pm)

Mon 26 Dec Munster v Leinster (7.35pm)

For some reason I don't think we will get passed the Bulls this time. It'll also be a bit of a grudge match, more so than usual and they will be sending a rested and hungry team and it feels like we are barely holding it together. This break can't come soon enough it feels like.

Going for
Sharks
Bulls
Connacht at home I suppose
Glasgow
Benetton
Cardiff
Ospreys
Leinster

Hoping I'm wrong on most of these.

So far a better spread of teams this year with just 5 points separating 5th to 12th. Hard to see any of those sides causing an upset away from home in the playoffs though.

I suppose Munster have some upside and Edinburgh and Sharks are unpredictable enough to bump a top 4 side off (assuming the top4 remains the same).
I expect the Stormers to slide a bit. The 2nd half of our fixtures are brutal. I'm hoping to still stay in the top 4, probably 4th but it'll be tough.

Sharks
15 Boeta Chamberlain, 14 Werner Kok, 13 Lukhanyo Am, 12 Rohan Janse van Rensburg, 11 Makazole Mapimpi, 10 Curwin Bosch, 9 Grant Williams, 8 Phepsi Buthelezi (captain), 7 Jeandre Labuschagne, 6 Sikhumbuzo Notshe, 5 Hyron Andrews, 4 Vincent Tshituka, 3 Carlu Sadie, 2 Dan Jooste, 1 Thomas du Toit
Substitutes: 16 Kerron van Vuuren, 17 Dian Bleuler, 18 Hanro Jacobs, 19 Gerbrandt Grobler, 20 Siya Kolisi, 21 Jaden Hendrikse, 22 Lionel Cronje, 23 Ben Tapuai

Lions
15 Andries Coetzee, 14 Edwill van der Merwe, 13 Rynhardt Jonker, 12 Marius Louw, 11 Quan Horn, 10 Jordan Hendrikse, 9 Sanele Nohamba, 8 Ruan Venter, 7 Darrien Landsberg, 6 Emmanuel Tshituka, 5 Reinhard Nothnagel (captain), 4 Willem Alberts, 3 Asenathi Ntlabakanye, 2 PJ Botha, 1 JP Smith
Substitutes: 16 Jaco Visagie, 17 Sti Sithole, 18 Ruan Smith, 19 Pieter Jansen van Vuren, 20 Jaco Kriel, 21 Andre Warner, 22 Gianni Lombard, 23 Stean Pienaa

Stormers
15 Damian Willemse, 14 Angelo Davids, 13 Suleiman Hartzenberg, 12 Dan du Plessis, 11 Leolin Zas, 10 Manie Libbok, 9 Paul de Wet, 8 Hacjivah Dayimani, 7 Willie Engelbrecht, 6 Deon Fourie, 5 Marvin Orie, 4 Ben-Jason Dixon, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Joseph Dweba, 1 Steven Kitshoff (captain).
Substitutes: 16 JJ Kotze, 17 Ali Vermaak, 18 Neethling Fouche, 19 Connor Evans, 20 Junior Pokomela, 21 Marcel Theunissen, 22 Godlen Masimla, 23 Clayton Blommetjies.

Bulls
15 Kurt-Lee Arendse, 14 Cornal Hendricks, 13 Lionel Mapoe, 12 Harold Vorster, 11 Canan Moodie, 10 Johan Goosen, 9 Embrose Papier, 8 Elrigh Louw, 7 Cyle Brink, 6 Marco van Staden, 5 Ruan Nortje (captain), 4 Ruan Vermaak, 3 Mornay Smith, 2 Johan Grobbelaar, 1 Gerhard Steenekamp
Substitutes: 16 Bismarck Du Plessis, 17 Simphiwe Matanzima, 18 Sebastian Lombard, 19 Janko Swanepoel, 20 Nizaam Carr, 21 Zak Burger, 22 Chris Smith, 23 Stravino Jacobs

Decent turnout at the Sharks game. Smart to put both these derbies on the coast since the whole country is going to be there this weekend. Sharks dominating but not too far ahead.

Heading to the Stormers game soon, looking forward to going to a game for the first time in a while. Again, convenient they've put the games on when people may also be visiting from other countries.

magic spray? Is this all cause of Barrett gaining 5m on that kick a couple years ago? I love it.

Stormers vs. Bulls really good game. A couple of great tries from the Stormers in the second half.

didn't expect a strong win like that, but will absolutely take it, especially with the bonus point. Great atmosphere in the stadium with 30,003 announced as the attendance. Bulls essentially lost it in 5 minutes of great back play from the Stormers.

So good to see and hear solid South African attendances. There isn't a sound quite like it in world rugby, at least not at club level. Such unbridled enthusiasm.

Glasgow confirming they are heading in the right direction under Franco and Edinburgh confirming you can't rely on them for anything.

Sore one for Connacht. Cometh the hour, disappeareth the Carty.
(A bit harsh, but only a bit)

Stormers turning the clock back to the Stormers that took the ***le last season there for 5 glorious minutes. Beautiful. I was expecting a tired performance. Very glad to see we still have the ability to turn it on. Libbok especially can take a bow!

I think I may have booked the same flight back to Joburg with the Bulls as they were all around me in check in. Sounds like they're off until Tuesday then back into training before the Sharks.

Hoping that my row on the plane isn't front row and I get squashed in the corner.

Does anyone know the won and loss totals between the Glasgow Warriors and Edinburgh historically? I'd like to know who leads the series overall. 🤔

Last edited:

Latest posts