• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2022 /2023 Round 13

I think playoffs are a whole different ball game, id back a full strength Sharks side vs a full strength Leinster side any day. But that's just my opinion...

I say the above, even when considering the below.

I have praise for Leinster, they are a well managed club and if they know anything then they know consistency which must be very nice for their fans. I also respect teams with strong youth academies and internal development and Leinster I hear do it very well especially with their cream of the crop selection from top private rugby schools.
Yeah, I'd probably exempt the Sharks from my line as being a playoff side from last year that looks worse this year.

Sharks were missing a few players but to be fair we were as well so not sure how much different a game would be with both teams at full strength. They should have played a tighter game. Not sure who to blame for that but my doubts remain about the Sharks being all name but little actual game.

Sharks were missing a few players but to be fair we were as well so not sure how much different a game would be with both teams at full strength. They should have played a tighter game. Not sure who to blame for that but my doubts remain about the Sharks being all name but little actual game.
Look we all know that the second-string Sharks side is in shambles, that's why we target the Champions cup this year because we are only good when we have a full strength side available.

I hope we can develop some youngsters in this years Currie Cup that will add to our non Springbok depth because all our Springboks players is proving to be a really tough one to handle. One I thought we would deal with better.

I don't want to say too much because we will have to face the Sharks again in Cape Town and I expect that they will be very motivated as only two of Benetton, Sharks and Edinburgh will make the top 8 and all 3 have a bit of a mixed bag of fixtures left but I'd argue the Stormers are without almost as much talent as the Sharks were.

Latest posts