• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2022 / 2023 Round 3

I am so glad that the Sharks released Nohamba. He is a hazard to his team. Too many mistakes for a professional rugby player. Just not kicking well. Not good under pressure, not good under no pressure. Morne van den Berg is so much better.

Disagree here. I feel like he is playing a great "Nic White" role in terms of frustrating the opposition. I think also last week he won man of the match. Honestly he has been one of their best players so far this season.

If the Lions win this with a bonus point... whata tour it has been for them.

Disagree here. I feel like he is playing a great "Nic White" role in terms of frustrating the opposition. I think also last week he won man of the match. Honestly he has been one of their best players so far this season.
Yes he played well in the last two games, the halfback pairing was replaced after the first game so he got his chance, and his service has been quick even in this game but he makes too many mistakes and struggles to fulfil the basic scrumhalve duties, his kicking from the ruck has been poor, knocks, poor under high ball.

A beautiful try by Horn. Try of season contender

If the Lions win this with a bonus point... whata tour it has been for them.
And they've done it. Massive win for the Lions with the bonus point. Cardiff honestly were really disappointing in the second half and need to work on their discipline. Felt like Lions were constantly in the opposition half and managed to convert that into points. Cardiff just seemed to constantly make unforced errors, will be very disappointing for them, especially after their initial advantage.

Yeah, Cardiff were dreadful in that second half. Mistake after mistake, poor discipline. Lions kept it simple in poor conditions and fuly deserved their victory. Something needs to change at Cardiff though, because we keep seeing these displays of encouraging spells followed by a capitulation of basic skills and discipline.

Really disappointed tonight. Ulster didn't throw a punch, never mind land one, for the first 60 mins. Leinster managed the conditions so much better and controlled the game.

Strange thing is that despite that Ulster could very easily have gotten a result, but for a disallowed try.

Lions looking streets ahead of their rivals who missed out on playoffs last year (unless Benetton do the business today). I'm going to try and catch Benetton and Sharks games in Welsh language S4C today. It's a funny old world.

Lions touring well is a surprise. I can see them winning 1 of their 5 remaining derbies just because its a derby and catch out half their visitors on the highveld but they aren't going to make the playoffs I am sure. Top of the bottom half side, the Lions.

Really disappointed tonight. Ulster didn't throw a punch, never mind land one, for the first 60 mins. Leinster managed the conditions so much better and controlled the game.

Strange thing is that despite that Ulster could very easily have gotten a result, but for a disallowed try.

Aaron Sexton def dropped it - and he's no one to blame but himself - two decisions and he made both them wrong - either go right for the corner, or if you aren't, switch the ball across your body.

As for the Herring one. Dunno. Ref probably had the best view of anyone so just gotta trust he called it right.

Disappointing that we still look some way short of Leinster. Worrying that we really look to be missing Jared Payne. Hopefully the defensive gitches are early "getting to know the changes" ones and not reflective of a worse coaching approach.

Roos was lucky with that ref shove there.

Our scrum is looking rickety but lineout looks decent. Backline showing signs of clicking but still a bit scrappy so far.

Going to watch Leinster back today or tomorrow. Happy with the result but doesn't sound too promising foe either side from what I've read.

Ulster suffering more from the kids trip to SA though, whatever your opinion on it, they'll benefit from players return the most.

Going to watch Leinster back today or tomorrow. Happy with the result but doesn't sound too promising foe either side from what I've read.

Ulster suffering more from the kids trip to SA though, whatever your opinion on it, they'll benefit from players return the most.

Ah dunno - youse were probably missing more first teamers than us and I get the feeling your fellas stopped early thinking it was won.

The returnees might give our bench a disproportionate boost maybe.

Just realized I've been posting in the wrong round🙈.

Strong start to the second half, just need to watch our discipline. Uh oh, what's happened.

Strong debut for Dweba, a try and consistent throwing in the line out. Probably a position we have been a bit weak for a bit so great to have him to perform off the start.

Massive result again with the BP win. We need to work on our discipline going forward. Way too many penalties and cards, but two reasonably tough games out the way and 10 points on the log.

Significant step up in performance in the second half. Defense was great and taking the opportunities when they arise. Still looking a very strong team when things get loose, but still needing to get it right against structured defense. Scrum we need our Springboks back, line outs we did great on our own ball, reasonably well on defense.

Good win for the Ospreys, even if the Warriors had the last say in the game. Keelan Giles as MOTM great performance (like the whole team), although I reckon (and not because of my username on this site 😛) that AWJ was in with a good shout as well as the MOTM. The man was absolutely everywhere 🐲🔥💪🏼🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Latest posts