• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2022 / 2023 Round 3

Sharks didn't deserve that one but credit to them for applying the pressure in the last 20 minutes and getting those points. Grant Williams may have gotten the intercept try, but felt he made a lot of errors unforced and in decision making. Sharks also need to work on protecting the ruck, had a number of lost turnovers within the opposition 22.

Kok played well and from when I was paying attention their scrum seemed to be pretty decent too. But I'm sure they're looking forward to getting their Springboks back.

Sharks didn't deserve that one but credit to them for applying the pressure in the last 20 minutes and getting those points. Grant Williams may have gotten the intercept try, but felt he made a lot of errors unforced and in decision making. Sharks also need to work on protecting the ruck, had a number of lost turnovers within the opposition 22.

Kok played well and from when I was paying attention their scrum seemed to be pretty decent too. But I'm sure they're looking forward to getting their Springboks back.
Was a horrible game. Ruck was a free for all. No idea how Richardson was MOTM he was terrible. Grant had to deal with a ref that had no idea how the ruck work and the Sharks forwards not supporting in the ruck. Was a total mess of a game. Happy we got the points.

Horrible way for the Dragons to lose to the Sharks - mirrored Ospreys' loss to Lions last week. And Scarlets have started this season particularly badly - they should have at least held on to get an LBP tonight against Benetton.

I think Glasgow will beat the Ospreys.
glasgow2019.png
We Are Warriors!

Danny Mcbride Hbo GIF by The Righteous Gemstones

Was a horrible game. Ruck was a free for all. No idea how Richardson was MOTM he was terrible. Grant had to deal with a ref that had no idea how the ruck work and the Sharks forwards not supporting in the ruck. Was a total mess of a game. Happy we got the points.
I didn't think the ref had much to do with the Sharks ruck issues, Dragons forwards were just incredibly physical in that area with Rowlands in particupar counter rucking on numerous occasions to turn the ball over.

Dragons certainly ran out of steam towards the end. They struggled to deal with Sharks' defensive pressure in midfield which led to them overplaying and coughing up a simple intercept. There was tons to like about the Dragons and they're certainly moving in thr right direction, but they're still struggling to convert pressure into enough points. Hopefully that wilp come with confidence.

I didn't think the ref had much to do with the Sharks ruck issues, Dragons forwards were just incredibly physical in that area with Rowlands in particupar counter rucking on numerous occasions to turn the ball over.

Dragons certainly ran out of steam towards the end. They struggled to deal with Sharks' defensive pressure in midfield which led to them overplaying and coughing up a simple intercept. There was tons to like about the Dragons and they're certainly moving in thr right direction, but they're still struggling to convert pressure into enough points. Hopefully that wilp come with confidence.
I would agree that the ref were not the only reason the Sharks struggled at ruck time. But he was certainly part of it due to his interpenetration of the ruck.

Predictable for Edinburgh to fall short, a really damaging tour for their top 4 hopes (which realistically is a requirement to have a chance of winning the tournament).

I liked what I saw from watching Benetton against Scarlets, tactically very sharp with their kicking game (a few 50/22s), able to create some line breaks and they were winning handsomely until Scarlets brought on Patchell and opened up their game. Then with Scarlets threatening a comeback Benetton showed the bottle to put it to bed.

Zebre losing away at an off form Munster is disappointing, but no surprise. Munster didnt score for the last 55 mins and Zebre finally didnt concede a winning BP.

Predictable for Edinburgh to fall short, a really damaging tour for their top 4 hopes (which realistically is a requirement to have a chance of winning the tournament).

I liked what I saw from watching Benetton against Scarlets, tactically very sharp with their kicking game (a few 50/22s), able to create some line breaks and they were winning handsomely until Scarlets brought on Patchell and opened up their game. Then with Scarlets threatening a comeback Benetton showed the bottle to put it to bed.

Zebre losing away at an off form Munster is disappointing, but no surprise. Munster didnt score for the last 55 mins and Zebre finally didnt concede a winning BP.
I don't know what's up with Munster atm. Their seconds lost to a less-than-stellar Cardiff, their firsts lost to the Dragons and they even struggled for long periods at home vs Zebre!
One pleasing thing is how the Italian teams aren't the pushovers of old, and Benetton might actually win the Scottish-Italian shield!

Latest posts