• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

URC 2022/2023 SF

The manner in which Connacht dealt with Ulster leads to me not taking a win for granted even at home. If we can hear that Deon Fourie will be fit that would go a long way in easing my nerves he is that critical to our game. I still wonder what happened to Nama Xaba. He was the only other "fetcher" on the books and was impactful IMO the little game time that he had.

What are the chances of Munster upsetting Leinster? I fancy having another crack at Munster in Cape Town far more than us winning in Dublin but I'm getting ahead of the game.

The manner in which Connacht dealt with Ulster leads to me not taking a win for granted even at home. If we can hear that Deon Fourie will be fit that would go a long way in easing my nerves he is that critical to our game. I still wonder what happened to Nama Xaba. He was the only other "fetcher" on the books and was impactful IMO the little game time that he had.

What are the chances of Munster upsetting Leinster? I fancy having another crack at Munster in Cape Town far more than us winning in Dublin but I'm getting ahead of the game.

I'm not sure exactly what the injury is, but I think Xaba has been out with one since around January.

I think that upset is looking unlikely. From what I gathered, Munster took a bit of a pummelling in the injury department in the Glasgow game. Think they are down some key players going into the Leinster one.

I think we'll win pretty comfortably with a mix of 1st / 2nd stringers. Munster lost a lot of key players and haven't got a result in the Aviva since God was a boy - just can't see it.

Munster will be without at least Murray, Fekitoa, Nash and Snyman from the team that started vs Glasgow. Tough ask for them.

Would be up there as one of Connacht's best ever results if they win this weekend. Need everyone to be humming with no one having even a slightly off day and Bealham to last as long as possible.

Ah, I see now the Munster win came at a cost. I knew about Snyman. At this stage I don't think anyone should be making any medium or long term plans with him in mind with the track record for injury he has.

I see that the bookies have both games as highly similar and very long odds. I guess we'll see soon enough.

Ah, I see now the Munster win came at a cost. I knew about Snyman. At this stage I don't think anyone should be making any medium or long term plans with him in mind with the track record for injury he has.

I see that the bookies have both games as highly similar and very long odds. I guess we'll see soon enough.
To be fair it's a HIA, not a reoccurrence of his big injury. Still, he has the worst luck in rugby, so you're probably right.

Yeah, this is an absolute free shot for us. We're in bonus territory having made it this far given how the season started. Would love a proper rattle at Leinster a week before they're in Europe, but no such luck with our injury list. I think Leinster will go like 8 or so starters and then some second stringers mixed in.

For Munster I'd probably like something like:
Loughman, Scannell, Archer, Kleyn, Beirne, O'Mahony/Kendellen, Hodnett, Coombes, Casey, Healy, Daly, Crowley, Frisch, Campbell (may be injured), Haley

To be fair it's a HIA, not a reoccurrence of his big injury. Still, he has the worst luck in rugby, so you're probably right.

Yeah, this is an absolute free shot for us. We're in bonus territory having made it this far given how the season started. Would love a proper rattle at Leinster a week before they're in Europe, but no such luck with our injury list. I think Leinster will go like 8 or so starters and then some second stringers mixed in.

For Munster I'd probably like something like:
Loughman, Scannell, Archer, Kleyn, Beirne, O'Mahony/Kendellen, Hodnett, Coombes, Casey, Healy, Daly, Crowley, Frisch, Campbell (may be injured), Haley
Who in the name of god plays if Campbell is out? Zebo?

Connacht are going to have a different experience to their last game in Stellenbosch. Going to be in Cape Town Stadium and looks like a very similar if not larger crowd will turn up as 35k tickets have already been sold. Should be a great experience for some of those players who haven't played in that kind of large scale packed stadium environment before.

Yeah probably. Or Conor Phillips. We have no one else. Liam Coombes is injured.

I think Campbell is fit though he was taking contact in training
My magic sponge works with holy water.

1 last dose of Moyross Magic vs Leinster

Looking at that Leinster team, to be honest I'll be frustrated if we don't show up in yet another big game against their seconds. Leinster fans will still be rightly confident, but even down players as we are we SHOULD be able to give this a good rattle.

We can make all the excuses in the world, but if we're not there or thereabouts against that Leinster side it's another bottle job.

Last edited:
Leinster:
15. Jimmy O'Brien
14. Tommy O'Brien
13. Robbie Henshaw
12. Charlie Ngatai
11. Dave Kearney
10. Harry Byrne
9. Luke McGrath (captain)
1. Michael Milne
2. Rónan Kelleher
3. Michael Ala'alatoa
4. Ryan Baird
5. Jason Jenkins
6. Max Deegan
7. Will Connors
8. Jack Conan

Replacements:
16. John McKee
17. Cian Healy
18. Thomas Clarkson
19. Joe McCarthy
20. Josh van der Flier
21. Nick McCarthy
22. Ciarán Frawley
23. Liam Turner

Munster:
15. Mike Haley
14. Keith Earls
13. Antoine Frisch
12. Jack Crowley
11. Shane Daly
10. Ben Healy
9. Craig Casey
1. Jeremy Loughman
2. Diarmuid Barron
3. Stephen Archer;
4. Jean Kleyn
5. Tadhg Beirne
6. Peter O'Mahony (captain)
7. John Hodnett
8. Gavin Coombes

Replacements:
16. Niall Scannell
17. Josh Wycherley
18. Roman Salanoa
19. Fineen Wycherley
20. Jack O'Donoghue
21. Neil Cronin
22. Rory Scannell
23. Alex Kendellen

15 Damian Willemse, 14 Leolin Zas, 13 Ruhan Nel, 12 Dan du Plessis, 11 Angelo Davids, 10 Manie Libbok, 9 Herschel Jantjies, 8 Evan Roos, 7 Hacjivah Dayimani, 6 Willie Engelbrecht, 5 Ruben van Heerden, 4 Ben-Jason Dixon, 3 Frans Malherbe, 2 Joseph Dweba, 1 Steven Kitshoff (captain)

Substitutes: 16 JJ Kotze, 17 Ali Vermaak, 18 Neethling Fouche, 19 Connor Evans, 20 Marcel Theunissen, 21 Paul de Wet, 22 Jean-Luc du Plessis, 23 Sacha Feinberg-Mngomezulu

Not taking chances on Fourie or Orie.

Connacht:
15. Tiernan O'Halloran
14. John Porch
13. Tom Farrell
12. Bundee Aki
11. Mack Hansen
10. Jack Carty (captain)
9. Caolin Blade
1. Denis Buckley
2. Dave Heffernan
3. Finlay Bealham
4. Josh Murphy
5. Niall Murray
6. Shamus Hurley-Langton
7. Conor Oliver
8. Cian Prendergast
Replacements:

16. Dylan Tierney-Martin
17.Jordan Duggan
18. Jack Aungier
19. Oisín Dowling
20. Jarrad Butler
21. Kieran Marmion
22. Tom Daly
23. Byron Ralston

Fancy Connacht a bit more with Fourie out, but they're rightly firm underdogs. I think this will be a step too far for them as Stormers will be ruthless on their mistakes at home.

Deon Fourie is arguably our mvp seeing as we have more than adequate cover for every other position though with both Moerat and Orie out lock is also getting a bit thin on the bench at least. I'd have felt less nervous if Xaba was fit but now both our out and out fetchers are out and we've seen the impact of it just recently. I would be happier if we Ntubeni was starting at hooker actually. Dweba has his own strengths but Ntubeni could've helped more at the breakdown where we now have 3 ball carrying loosies and little graft.

Carty really not having a good game so far. Half time. Fun game.

Quite a few contexts in the air by the Stormers which have taken out Connacht players and not really reffed properly.

The one which led to the last Stormers try felt like a yellow card at least to me

Leinster's rucks are a thing of beauty. They dont go spectacular very often but L as a team does the basics consitently well. Super tidy execution, crystal clear game plan, few unforced errors... let's call it leinster's way.

Latest posts