URC 2022/23 Round 15

TRF_stormer2010

TRF Legend
Country Flag
South Africa
Club or Nation
Stormers
Round 15

Fri 3 Mar Glasgow Warriors v Zebre Parma (7.35pm)

Fri 3 Mar Munster v Scarlets (7.35pm)

Sat 4 Mar Stormers v Sharks (12.30pm)

Sat 4 Mar Bulls v Lions (2.45pm)

Sat 4 Mar Edinburgh v Leinster (5.05pm)

Sat 4 Mar Ospreys v Benetton (5.15pm)

Sat 4 Mar Cardiff v Ulster (7.35pm)

Sat 4 Mar Dragons v Connacht (7.35pm)

Leinster is in 1st.

Stormers have Sharks, Munster and Benetton at home but will probably throw away the one-off away game to Leinster.

Ulster away to Cardiff and then hosting the Bulls, Benetton and Dragons. Its going to be close for 2nd spot sheesh. Was really hoping for a Sharks win on the weekend.

Leinster is in 1st.

Stormers have Sharks, Munster and Benetton at home but will probably throw away the one-off away game to Leinster.

Ulster away to Cardiff and then hosting the Bulls, Benetton and Dragons. Its going to be close for 2nd spot sheesh. Was really hoping for a Sharks win on the weekend.
Yeah we just need to defend home court from here really so it wouldn't be the most calculated move to send a full squad to Dublin, although I fancy our kids v Edinburgh's this weekend so we might take the foot off the gas.

I like that the playoffs this year is a full set of QFs, a good leveller considering the uneven travel schedule. The only thong the comp needs now is a pre-determined final venue, perhaps with a backup option in the case of an all SA final scheduled for Europe or vice versa.

Probably another one we need 5 points from, but Scarlets can be a very tricky one. Would be good to need very little points wise from the SA games, because even though I think we could pull a result off, it's not a good position to be in.

Yeah we just need to defend home court from here really so it wouldn't be the most calculated move to send a full squad to Dublin, although I fancy our kids v Edinburgh's this weekend so we might take the foot off the gas.

I like that the playoffs this year is a full set of QFs, a good leveller considering the uneven travel schedule. The only thong the comp needs now is a pre-determined final venue, perhaps with a backup option in the case of an all SA final scheduled for Europe or vice versa.
I would be very surprised if we send anything resembling a full team even considering that they could perhaps do with some game time having been rested. Crazy to think that our teams havn't had anything resembling a proper match yet.
Probably another one we need 5 points from, but Scarlets can be a very tricky one. Would be good to need very little points wise from the SA games, because even though I think we could pull a result off, it's not a good position to be in.
Munster are looking like they are moving in the right direction if recent performances are anything to go by. I expect some cracking matches!

Glasgow over Zebre
EobaxrBr-6iyxTNYj.png

We Are Warriors!

Munster: Patrick Campbell; Calvin Nash, Antoine Frisch, Malakai Fekitoa, Shane Daly; Joey Carbery, Paddy Patterson; Josh Wycherley, Diarmuid Barron, Roman Salanoa; Jean Kleyn, Fineen Wycherley; Jack O'Donoghue (C), John Hodnett, Gavin Coombes.

Replacements: Niall Scannell, Mark Donnelly, Keynan Knox, RG Snyman, Alex Kendellen, Ethan Coughlan, Jack Crowley, Jack O'Sullivan.

Really like the look of that team. Few lads coming back from injury at a good time. Glad Patterson passed fit. The #19 for Munster is thought to be a very talented lad, but he hasn't played much for us.

Leinster Rugby (caps in brackets):
15. Ciarán Frawley (60)
14. Jordan Larmour (84)
13. Liam Turner (14)
12. Jamie Osborne (30)
11. Dave Kearney (178)
10. Harry Byrne (44)
9. Luke McGrath (188)
1. Michael Milne (26)
2. John McKee (13)
3. Michael Ala'alatoa (40)
4. Ross Molony (156)
5. Jason Jenkins (10)
6. Rhys Ruddock (218) CAPTAIN
7. Scott Penny (51)
8. Max Deegan (92)

16. Lee Barron (3)
17. Jack Boyle (1)
18. Thomas Clarkson (23)
19. Brian Deeny (9)
20. Will Connors (31)
21. Nick McCarthy (57)
22. Charlie Tector (4)
23. Rob Russell (14)

Scarlets had a remarkable second-half comeback to lose by only seven points. For much of the match, it looked like it was the Ospreys match all over again.

Rocky start but good response.

HB showed his flaws pushing too hard and missing touch before their try but made good decisions before Deegan's

Edit: too soon with the team response.

Nice little win for Benetton there in the Swansea.com Stadium. Ospreys seemed to start playing a little too late in the day. First win ever there for them I think?

Wow. Benetton win at Ospreys for the first time, albeit in part due to a last-minute missed conversion. Still, they were undoubtedly the better and stronger side during most of the match.

Dragons playing reasonably well.
Thought the red card for Screech was harsh. Enough mitigation there for a yellow for me given he started lower than head and Connacht player seemed to dip into him.

Lions hitting form combined with Sharks and Edinburgh underperforming is keeping things exciting in the race to see who gets humiliated by Leinsters reserves in the QF. Much more interesting playoff cut-off race this year.

Anyone going to start a thread for this weekend's round? There's a couple of you who have been doing them this season and I don't want to interfere. This is just a reminder.

burt reynolds elephant GIF

Last edited:

Latest posts