• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales V Argentina

You're gonna hate me for this but....

....lets not compare 10s. Lets compare TEAMS instead.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Nov 22 2009, 11:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Cop out of an answer Prestwick. Boo

Anyway:
Everyone>England[/b]

NSFW! NSFW! NSFW! NSFW! NSFW! NSFW! NSFW! NSFW! NSFW!
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ygaxkuCEWo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/1ygaxkuCEWo&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

NSFW! NSFW! NSFW! NSFW! NSFW! NSFW! NSFW! NSFW! NSFW!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Nov 22 2009, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rafa_1984 @ Nov 22 2009, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Nov 22 2009, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Adam Jones is also up there with the best in the world[/b]

Yo really think so?

Over Carter, Gitteau, Wilko or Hernandez?
[/b][/quote]

Hows about comparing him to props as opposed to 10's
[/b][/quote]

Lol. You got what i meant anyway.

WAY TOO MANY Jones over there..

I would take him over Wilko any day and would hold him in the same regard as Hernandez to be honest. Never as good a player as Carter but he must be unique in being the only player who never makes a mistake. Ever.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rafa_1984 @ Nov 23 2009, 01:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (bristol-iain @ Nov 22 2009, 11:49 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rafa_1984 @ Nov 22 2009, 10:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Nov 22 2009, 01:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Adam Jones is also up there with the best in the world[/b]

Yo really think so?

Over Carter, Gitteau, Wilko or Hernandez?
[/b][/quote]

Hows about comparing him to props as opposed to 10's
[/b][/quote]

Lol. You got what i meant anyway.

WAY TOO MANY Jones over there..

[/b][/quote]
Rafa you still haven;t answered why you think Shane Williams deserves a punch...? :p

But, yes Stephen Jones is up there with the best 10's around imo. He's not really a running 10, but his passing, kicking and importantly, command of the game is why he's up there with the likes of Carter and Giteau. This is also why Hook has been struggling at 10, he has all the skills, but lacks the commanding presence of Jones.

Just watched highlights, looked like they played wellish.

2nd Try though was a gift, where was the forward blocking the boxkick? or anyone?

What a run by Shane.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Nov 23 2009, 02:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I would take him over Wilko any day and would hold him in the same regard as Hernandez to be honest. Never as good a player as Carter but he must be unique in being the only player who never makes a mistake. Ever.[/b]
...I didn't know Conrad Smith entered this argument.

Offtopic: Conrad Smith got really smashed a few times the other tay at Twickenam.

On:

I obviusly wouldn´t punch him if i was on the pitch against him becouse it´s not worth it but i didn´t like all the gester he did when he got in the ingoal.

Anyway, i´m not saying he´s bad or anything. I really love him. I used to have discussions with a south african coach we used to have about him. i think he´s a hell of a player! One of the few that keep the ball alive instead of kicking it whenever the can!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Nov 22 2009, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
@ LydiatesGirl
have people really said Lydiate wasn't good? He played really well I thought, he carried and tackled well, and we saw a lot of him, which shows his work rate is very good. He could well be on the bench next week.[/b]

yes loads of people have said that he wasnt very good.
i thought he played well and so did his cousin (although we may be a bit biased) but i have heard a lot of negative comments which are unfair considering the amount of time he had to impress

wonder what song he sang for his initiation? ;0

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rafa_1984 @ Nov 23 2009, 11:09 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Offtopic: Conrad Smith got really smashed a few times the other tay at Twickenam.

On:

I obviusly wouldn´t punch him if i was on the pitch against him becouse it´s not worth it but i didn´t like all the gester he did when he got in the ingoal.

Anyway, i´m not saying he´s bad or anything. I really love him. I used to have discussions with a south african coach we used to have about him. i think he´s a hell of a player! One of the few that keep the ball alive instead of kicking it whenever the can![/b]

Ah the salute thing? He's done that a few times, what didn't you like about it? Not having a go or anything, just am interested. Though tbf to Shane it was his 50th Test try :p definitely something to celebrate about.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LydiatesGirl @ Nov 23 2009, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Nov 22 2009, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ LydiatesGirl
have people really said Lydiate wasn't good? He played really well I thought, he carried and tackled well, and we saw a lot of him, which shows his work rate is very good. He could well be on the bench next week.[/b]

i thought he played well and so did his cousin (although we may be a bit biased) but i have heard a lot of negative comments which are unfair considering the amount of time he had to impress

[/b][/quote]

Really? He didn't really do anything wrong :huh: He was solid in defense, and carried very well, can;t really see any negatives in that!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Nov 23 2009, 04:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LydiatesGirl @ Nov 23 2009, 03:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Thingimubob @ Nov 22 2009, 07:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
@ LydiatesGirl

[/b][/quote]

Really? He didn't really do anything wrong :huh: He was solid in defense, and carried very well, can;t really see any negatives in that!
[/b][/quote]

thats what i was thinking when i watched it - and ive watched it loads since
but its what everyones been telling me :huh:

I don´t like when the player celebrates the try (as much a "hug" with a few players) but i find it disdainful (i don´t know if it is the right word. English is not my first lenguage) to do gesters along with the try scoring altough it is becoming a lot more regular among professional rugby. Again, i don´t mind the group hug or head touch with enthusiasm but i find individual try celebrating a football actitude. And i wouldn´t want rugby to go that way.

Obviusly this is just my opinion. I just don´t like it. I addmit it might be too strict or square but i just feel that way.

Anyway congrats on him scoring 50 tries! One of the only few proving that you don´t have to weight 90 kg and height 1,90 to be a good winger..

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Rafa_1984 @ Nov 23 2009, 04:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I don´t like when the player celebrates the try (as much a "hug" with a few players) but i find it disdainful (i don´t know if it is the right word. English is not my first lenguage) to do gesters along with the try scoring altough it is becoming a lot more regular among professional rugby. Again, i don´t mind the group hug or head touch with enthusiasm but i find individual try celebrating a football actitude. And i wouldn´t want rugby to go that way.[/b]

Completely agree with you Rafa. What Shane did on Sat wasn't that bad, but I really started getting annoyed a couple of years ago when he was doing those stupid dives over the line (i.e. the one v Fiji in the world cup, hell of a try though, one of my all time fav's). It's one of the things I really hate in football, so hope to god that it doesn't get to that proportions in rugby.

He's toned it down since, and I genually believe he was just overjoyed to be back playing well and scoring tries. He's been below par the past year, so I'll let the one on Sat slide.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (feicarsinn @ Nov 23 2009, 01:19 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I would take him over Wilko any day and would hold him in the same regard as Hernandez to be honest. Never as good a player as Carter but he must be unique in being the only player who never makes a mistake. Ever.[/b]
Stephen Jones is great.

Also, didn't see the game, so forgive me for bumping it several years later. Sounds like an emphatic result, though the comments here are very negative towards the performance. They also gave the impression we were having a second take from the post-Second-Lions-Game-comments. God, referee YADDA YADDA YADDA NO-ONE CARES.

Latest posts