• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wales v Australia

I'd have to watch it back but at the time it looked to me like the Aus player was already on the deck not competing, not in play so the Welsh action (wrap attempt or not) was completely unjustified, the ref last week was going to give a yellow until the TMO said the tackle was completed didn't need to which swung it, assuming all of the above is correct then I don't think the sanctions should be so far apart personally.
Oh yeah it was totally unnecessary and a deserved yellow imo. I don't think we could've had too many complaints if it was a red in this climate either. The Fiji one, for me, was a bit different though but as I say, we perhaps got away with one a bit.

Having said all that I do think Luke Pearce is quality. Or he was in the games I saw him in

I can see how Aus red card and Thomas' yellow was contentious, thought Thomas could have got a red especially since the player he was cleaning out had no effect on the ruck. The Aus red is unfortunate but I've seen red given in similar circumstances from head to head, he just went way too high. I don't understand the outcry about Tompkins try though, looked dodgy at first but the replay clearly shows it going backwards.

I can see how Aus red card and Thomas' yellow was contentious, thought Thomas could have got a red especially since the player he was cleaning out had no effect on the ruck. The Aus red is unfortunate but I've seen red given in similar circumstances from head to head, he just went way too high. I don't understand the outcry about Tompkins try though, looked dodgy at first but the replay clearly shows it going backwards.
Tompkins try was a great example of ref being unsure at the time and allowing play to go on knowing it will be reviewed after, we all get frustrated when our team are pulled back because the refs too hasty.

There was another one the week before were some kid had a load of beer spilt all over him from above but the culprit caught up with him after his dad took him away and gave him £20. I think I'd rather not have beer spilled on my kid but its something I guess.

In all seriousness the people who use Wales matches an an excuse to get paracletic with a side of rugby help worsen the match day experience. I have a few drinks beforehand and one or two in the stadium but it's rather annoying having 'those lads' next to you so your up and down every 2 minutes for drink or a pee and it's not like it stops during play either. Then as exile mentioned they end up spilling the beer on you as the try nudge their way past. Surely people can wait a few hours before getting on the doubles?

In all seriousness the people who use Wales matches an an excuse to get paracletic with a side of rugby help worsen the match day experience. I have a few drinks beforehand and one or two in the stadium but it's rather annoying having 'those lads' next to you so your up and down every 2 minutes for drink or a pee and it's not like it stops during play either. Then as exile mentioned they end up spilling the beer on you as the try nudge their way past. Surely people can wait a few hours before getting on the doubles?
I'd drink if I had to watch Wales play tbf

London Welsh.

Joking aside, what's the deal with his contract, is their talk of it getting renewed? It runs out at the end of this season doesn't it?
All our coaches bar Matson apparently have deals expiring at the end of the year.

Don't see why any would leave tbh - regardless I'd imagine we'll sign them publicly a up as a group to fit with the whole narrative of them being a collaborative

All our coaches bar Matson apparently have deals expiring at the end of the year.

Don't see why any would leave tbh - regardless I'd imagine we'll sign them publicly a up as a group to fit with the whole narrative of them being a collaborative
Yeah, I imagine you've got them on good wages too and Jones is obviously enjoying his time down there. The only thing I would say, and I'm not 100% on this, is that he still drives from Wales to London several times a week (or at least he used to) which must take its toll on him as it's a lot of miles. So maybe that might factor in his decision making when talking with Quins about a new contract. I can't imagine he's going to be short of any offers elsewhere either.

Yeah, I imagine you've got them on good wages too and Jones is obviously enjoying his time down there. The only thing I would say, and I'm not 100% on this, is that he still drives from Wales to London several times a week (or at least he used to) which must take its toll on him as it's a lot of miles. So maybe that might factor in his decision making when talking with Quins about a new contract. I can't imagine he's going to be short of any offers elsewhere either.
I love him and he's a great character but he's probably the least valuable of the coaches tbh.

I think the addition of Flannery saved his job last year tbh

Latest posts