Wales v England

A

An Tarbh

<div align='center'>
wales.png
england.png

Wales v England
</div>

So job done for both sides in the opening round but poles apart in terms of performance. Wales were never forced to find their A game but they didn't need to against Scotland, England didn't look like they had an A game and victory was gifted to them by that woeful Mallet call.

Should things click for Wales it could be carnage in Cardiff. It's hard to see any area where England will be dominant in this game. Regardless of who Wales play at fly half they'll be comfortable alongside Phillips, will we see yet another half back pairing for England.

Johnson can't have taken much from the win bar the blatantly obvious fact that there's a vast improvement required.

Can England keep the score down or will it be a Welsh rout?

Wales to cruise past. England to be their usual inept and slow like they were against South Africa..

Gatland will be reading his players the riot act after they fell asleep in the 2nd half against Scotland. They could come out of the blocks hard and fast as a result. England simply don't have the players to compete. Wales by anywhere from 10-20 points.

Wales 60 England 0. If we are lucky, I mean Wales are the best side in the world with the best player in the world (Byrne if you didnt know!).

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (danny @ Feb 8 2009, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Wales 60 England 0. If we are lucky, I mean Wales are the best side in the world with the best player in the world (Byrne if you didnt know!).[/b]

plus the orange one could return as well and then England would really be in the ****!!!

I don't know what's worse: Danny's attempt at humour, or Mite's failure to identify it.

I don't think this games such a forgone conclusion. I don't know, Wales always struggle against England. On paper, you'd have to say Wales and I do think we'll win, but nothing like a 20 point win like Speedy's suggesting. It'll go down to the last quarter with Wales winning by 5-10.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Feb 8 2009, 06:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I don't think this games such a forgone conclusion. I don't know, Wales always struggle against England. On paper, you'd have to say Wales and I do think we'll win, but nothing like a 20 point win like Speedy's suggesting. It'll go down to the last quarter with Wales winning by 5-10.[/b]

that's worrying for Wales cause look at the ease of the wins SA and NZ had in the Autumn, not much has changed for England, they're away from home, something wrong if it isn't a hiding.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 8 2009, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
that's worrying for Wales cause look at the ease of the wins SA and NZ had in the Autumn, not much has changed for England, they're away from home, something wrong if it isn't a hiding.[/b]

Maybe, but it's not how Wales' roll lol. We've never been the 'thrash them' kinda team. We need to add that ruthlesness to our game, as it could have come back to bite us today if Paterson had scored that try, would have at least been a nervy last 5min.

I don't think it'll make much difference if we beat them by 5 or 30, we'll still take the same confidence from it, maybe other teams will be more wary of Wales if we thrash them, but it's all about winning and gaining the momentum like we did last year.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (dullonien @ Feb 8 2009, 06:46 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Feb 8 2009, 06:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that's worrying for Wales cause look at the ease of the wins SA and NZ had in the Autumn, not much has changed for England, they're away from home, something wrong if it isn't a hiding.[/b]

Maybe, but it's not how Wales' roll lol. We've never been the 'thrash them' kinda team. We need to add that ruthlesness to our game, as it could have come back to bite us today if Paterson had scored that try, would have at least been a nervy last 5min.

I don't think it'll make much difference if we beat them by 5 or 30, we'll still take the same confidence from it, maybe other teams will be more wary of Wales if we thrash them, but it's all about winning and gaining the momentum like we did last year.
[/b][/quote]

well it could make a difference cause even if Wales are on form France can overturn them, so that brings points difference into the equation.

I would normally say Wales by a mile, but England have a tendency to win when it matters (just look at the world cup).
As long as they drop Borthwick and fix the 10-12-13 gap SOON, England stand a chance. If they play Flutey-Noon with Goode or someone at 10, then we are royally screwed. We won't have Mr Bergamasco to hand us points next time.

Didn't really think about points difference, but yeh, that's a major concern. We should have run away with the game today and scored at least 40 points in total.

England aren't anything at the moment. A loss to them would be embarrassing, and not winning by more than at least 20 is a bad sign. Unless miracles occur next week it shouldn't happen.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iWin @ Feb 8 2009, 06:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I would normally say Wales by a mile, but England have a tendency to win when it matters (just look at the world cup).
As long as they drop Borthwick and fix the 10-12-13 gap SOON, England stand a chance. If they play Flutey-Noon with Goode or someone at 10, then we are royally screwed. We won't have Mr Bergamasco to hand us points next time.[/b]
Buddy, England are light years away from the team in that WC. Light years away. Form from the past doesn't enter into it. Not in the slightest.

Care is obviously ruled out but will Tindall come back in or is he out for longer?

That will be an Atomic bomb explosion equivalent match

Amazing one I think one of the season's best plays

I think there will be blood :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

CDF_England_V_Wales26.JPG

Latest posts