• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wallabies Squad for End of Year Tour Named

B

bobilycious

WALLABIES SQUAD:

Forwards: Ben Alexander, Al Baxter, Richard Brown, Mark Chisholm, Matt Dunning, Adam Freier, James Horwill, Sekope Kepu, Hugh McMeniman, Dean Mumm, Stephen Moore, Wycliff Palu, David Pocock, Tatafu Polata-Nau, Benn Robinson, Nathan Sharpe, George Smith, Phil Waugh.

Backs: Adam Ashley-Cooper, Berrick Barnes, Luke Burgess, Quade Cooper, Sam Cordingley, Ryan Cross, Matt Giteau, Peter Hynes, Digby Ioane, Drew Mitchell, Stirling Mortlock (captain), James O'Connor, Brett Sheehan, Timana Tahu, Lote Tuqiri, Lachie Turner.

Woah! James O'Connor is young to be in the Wallabies! He has talent though!

I know they're going to play France in Paris and at the moment from what I've seen in 2008 I think they should win there for the first time this decade.

What are the other tests the will play in Europe?

No Hoiles... no Gerrard... and no Tyrone Smith...

Only 5 Brumbies players in a squad of 34...

Rubbish...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fushitsusha @ Sep 23 2008, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
No Hoiles... no Gerrard... and no Tyrone Smith...

Only 5 Brumbies players in a squad of 34...

Rubbish...[/b]

I'd say yes to Hoiles, Salvi (maybe), and to Tyrone Smith on the basis that he might offer more than Tahu, but otherwise i'm not too sure. Gerrard has been a bit hard done by but then again Deans is obviously pretty set on developing a different kind of full back. I'm not sure if AAC is the answer but then again we'll just have to see mate.

A pretty few players I didn't expect, i.e Kepu, Quade Cooper and O'Connor. Cooper is awesome when he's on form (like against the Bulls) but otherwise can be pretty ordinary. Then again he's like what only 21(?) so he could really develop some consistency. O'Connor did quite well against Mortlock when they last matched up, not too shabby. Hope Kepu and Alexander get some game time, we really need to blood new props. Also great to see Richard Brown in the team but then again that's no surprise after his promising form against the AB's.

As for winning in Paris, i'm not sure about the calendar but you can be damn sure that if we've come off the back of a convincing win the next game we'll fall apart and get thrashed :D, actually yeah I hope that doesn't happen Johannesburg made me quite irate, didn't agree well with the humors, was very mad.

Personally, I would've scrapped Waugh, McMenimum, Tahu and Turner for Hoiles, Kimlin, T Smith, and Gerrard respectively as those guys are far more deserving. (Brumbies bias blah blah blah)

Plus we still don't have a quality fullback in the squad. AAC is an incredible outside centre and is far more suited to the wing than fullback.

Also, Cordingley is gone after this tour so they shouldn't be wasted their time with him. They could've easily brought in Lucas or Holmes.

I think Rathbone might be a tad unlucky due to being in great form in the Shute Shield. But he can always prove himself next year.

Otherwise I think it's a pretty good squad. I'm not really surprised about the inclusion of O'Connor, Pocock, Cooper etc. after all the talk from the past couple of weeks. I'm glad that Cooper is there instead of Beale, and O'Connor has some real promise.

I do wonder how much game time some of these guys will get though. We need to bring an end to the Baxter/Dunning era.

I really hope Deans swaps Barnes and Giteau around too.

I believe Lote is just a shadow of what he used to be, his runs are now slow, he is never there when you need him, and he always seems to be shying away from the ball he may have simply lost the will to play rugby any more (well my Dad thinks he's off hitting the bong whenever you can't see him.) As for James O'Connor, he's a great goal kicker and player, I saw him play against my school Ipswich Grammar School when he was still at Nudgee last year (Berrick Barnes was also my senior buddy when I was in grade 7 :eek:) As for Mortlock, he may be old but he has shown deep commitment to Australian International Rugby, by knocking back larger offers for him to go overseas, so if not he deserves respect and a place on the team for his commitment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu4RPZFkmD4 (The kick that James O'Connor did against my school's firsts, right at the end of the vid, its world class, even though it caused us to lose by 1 point.)

great selections, hope oconnor cooper and pocock get some gametime but why is the no.4 waratahs prop getting picked?

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Woldog @ Sep 24 2008, 09:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I believe Lote is just a shadow of what he used to be, his runs are now slow, he is never there when you need him, and he always seems to be shying away from the ball he may have simply lost the will to play rugby any more (well my Dad thinks he's off hitting the bong whenever you can't see him.) As for James O'Connor, he's a great goal kicker and player, I saw him play against my school Ipswich Grammar School when he was still at Nudgee last year (Berrick Barnes was also my senior buddy when I was in grade 7 :eek:) As for Mortlock, he may be old but he has shown deep commitment to Australian International Rugby, by knocking back larger offers for him to go overseas, so if not he deserves respect and a place on the team for his commitment.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xu4RPZFkmD4 (The kick that James O'Connor did against my school's firsts, right at the end of the vid, its world class, even though it caused us to lose by 1 point.)[/b]

bbc right here, heard the nc-igs game was just as exciting, went down to the last minute. oi did waita setu the nudgee flanker go to your school because his brother (the one that plays for the dragons and going to the broncos) went to ippy

why do u go for force

Yeah the buzzer went and they kicked a field goal, our first team started crying, I'm seconds but I reserve for the firsts didn't get a run on though and yes I believe Waita came to IGS for a while.
Force what Force :p

Latest posts