• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wanted Competitions

Go and count how many World Cups you have won?

Annnnnnd for the record what the All Blacks have done this year is much harder than winning a world cup. Beating the number 2 and 3 teams 6 times on the trot in a short period of time home and away is way harder than having two or 3 tough games in a row as per the world cup so that holds no weight with who is/has been consistently the worlds best team. Yes there are years where other teams are better (late 90's aussie, 2003 england, 2009 boks as quick examples) but more often than not NZ is the benchmark. Accept it cause it's true.

Ye how many World Cup's in that time? Australia 2, South Africa 2, England 1 ... all have lower win percentages but have either won the same amount of won more ... those numbers don't lie!

What's your point? Yes those teams strung together 3 hard games in a row in a given month of a year.. Not really relevant to who is consistently the best team. I'd much rather have the consistently best team in the world than win half our games and do well at world cups once every 4 years.

My point being some people will only judge how successful you are when you actually win something ... say like the World Cup. No point being statistically the best team without being able to prove it when it matters in the World Cup.

Anyway well done, not even sure what your point is.

Back to the topic.... get the ITM cup in there it's fantastic.

My point being some people will only judge how successful you are when you actually win something ... say like the World Cup. No point being statistically the best team without being able to prove it when it matters in the World Cup.

What, like 75% of our games.. As above I'd rather be the best team most of the time and not win world cups than be an average team who has won say 2 world cups. So no other tests/competitions matter ther than the world cup? Well done.

Anyway well done, not even sure what your point is.

Back to the topic.... get the ITM cup in there it's fantastic.

Are you just stupid or what? Your point was invalid re: HEC, Magners League, Avia etc

What, like 75% of our games.. As above I'd rather be the best team most of the time and not win world cups than be an average team who has won say 2 world cups. So no other tests/competitions matter ther than the world cup? Well done.

Don't make yourself look like e *** now ... mate get this into your head, winning World Cups count ... thats the fact, what you are trying to make out that the World Cup is not important, sure winning the Tri-Nations / Lions Tours are ... but the World Cup is the one. And your little assumption on no other thing matters shows how immature you are and sort the spelling out.

Are you just stupid or what? Your point was invalid re: HEC, Magners League, Avia etc

Don't make yourself look like e *** now ... mate get this into your head, winning World Cups count ... thats the fact, what you are trying to make out that the World Cup is not important, sure winning the Tri-Nations / Lions Tours are ... but the World Cup is the one. And your little assumption on no other thing matters shows how immature you are and sort the spelling out.

I missed an 'o' spelling other what a terrible person i am. Sure the world cup is important, I never said it wasn't if you care to read my posts.. I was simply saying you'll ahve a hard time arguing that NZ isn't consistently the best team in world rugby. Other teams have won more world cups (cheers for that newsflash by the way) but we are the best more often than not. That is all I'm saying.

My point about the competitions stand anyway, isn't the heiniken cup the sort of champions league equivalent where the best teams from a few leagues play each other? Wouldn't this make it better than the premiership or is that not true?

Ye how many World Cup's in that time? Australia 2, South Africa 2, England 1 ... all have lower win percentages but have either won the same amount of won more ... those numbers don't lie!

I see you failed to acknowledge that New Zealand has won 1 world cup. Your numbers here don't lie but they do decieve. If you want to include facts, please include all of them.

Your key word phrases here are "some people", "win something"
-"Some people" being those who actually envy the favoured team so much that they actually want them to lose so that they can have a reason to suggest that they suck, when in reality you know they don't, they just choked and being the favourites, you enjoy seeing them fall.
New Zealand have reached the semi's and the final more than England and South Africa.
-"Win something", I guess you consider the Tri Nations to be nothing?.. Because of the 15 years it has been running, New Zealand have been the outright winners 10 times. Also, constantly beating the world cup winners after their successful world cup campaign.
So your opinion on the World Cup matters, isn't false at all, but it doesn't mean that the World Cup is everything...

Now tell me, what are Wales' statistics on "winning something"...

Hardly.
What does his being Welsh have to do with anything?
Also if you could point out where he said Wales were more succesful in the World Cup/in general than the ABs, then that'd be grand.

Hardly.
What does his being Welsh have to do with anything?
Also if you could point out where he said Wales were more succesful in the World Cup/in general than the ABs, then that'd be grand.
Who said I'd stated that Wales were more successful?. I know he never brought anything up like that, but it's you guys who are constantly degrading New Zealand rugby so I felt like taking a page outta your textbooks for once.

but it doesn't mean that the World Cup is everything...

Now tell me, what are Wales' statistics on "winning something"...

35 4/5/6 Nations Champions, with 24 outright. The 2nd highest amount of outright winners, equal top of overall winners. 10 Grand Slams, again 2nd highest and 19 Triple Crowns, 2nd highest again.
Current World 7's Cup Champions

You asked..

Who said I'd stated that Wales were more successful?. I know he never brought anything up like that, but it's you guys who are constantly degrading New Zealand rugby so I felt like taking a page outta your textbooks for once.

No put a sock it in. Its quite a common thing on this board that the SH guys come here throwing some shite banter about NH rugby and vice versa. Quite funny how its the NZ getting up tight about this, the fact is simple ... Wales aint good enough and the truth is how ever hurtful it is NZ are the best at choking come World Cup times. Wales has nothing to do with this. The fact that you have to drag them in shows how it hurts that you are without a doubt the best team but failed to win the World Cup when you were at the height of your powers at World Cup times. Its not degrading mate its fact, we all know Wales is shite come World Cup ... go cry me a river :rolleyes:

You can all say ... 'Tri-Nations' means more and all that ... but you never see the NH guys go oh the 'Six Nations' is what we truly want to win and all that bull. The farce comes when someone says that and that they would rather be successful and not win a World Cup, sorry winning the World Cup is the pinical of rugby... FACT!

Oh and for those tosspots that say what have Wales won in rugby ... THIS ... So the next time you come smashing and banding about ... what have Wales won, we won something in rugby regardless whether its 7s or not.

:)

Constantly degrading NZ rugby? Shut up. We've won quite a bit, but we don't profess to be the best team in the world, which you lot do (no qualms with that from me, you're awesome). But you're also bottling bellends who haven't won a World Cup in 23 years. England - they're **** right?? They've been in the last 2 finals, winning one; as well as winning numerous 4/5/6 Nations ***les and Grand Slams. So we have got something to go on when we 'degrade' NZ rugby, I guess.

Oh and son, talk about Welsh rugby like that again and you can ******* look out.

No put a sock it in. Its quite a common thing on this board that the SH guys come here throwing some shite banter about NH rugby and vice versa. Quite funny how its the NZ getting up tight about this, the fact is simple ... Wales aint good enough and the truth is how ever hurtful it is NZ are the best at choking come World Cup times. Wales has nothing to do with this. The fact that you have to drag them in shows how it hurts that you are without a doubt the best team but failed to win the World Cup when you were at the height of your powers at World Cup times. Its not degrading mate its fact, we all know Wales is shite come World Cup ... go cry me a river :rolleyes:

You can all say ... 'Tri-Nations' means more and all that ... but you never see the NH guys go oh the 'Six Nations' is what we truly want to win and all that bull. The farce comes when someone says that and that they would rather be successful and not win a World Cup, sorry winning the World Cup is the pinical of rugby... FACT!

Oh and for those tosspots that say what have Wales won in rugby ... THIS ... So the next time you come smashing and banding about ... what have Wales won, we won something in rugby regardless whether its 7s or not.

:)

Mate this started from a ITM Cup, English Premiership arguement and then someone decided to throw the All Blacks into the mix and talk about when we don't win which is very rarely. It wasn't us Kiwi's who started this arguement, we were just saying how important the ITM Cup and the Currie Cup would be for this game before anything was said about World Cups. Ask whoever decided to go and find match figures and state biased World Cup winning stats before defending yourselves as a means to my reaction.
The degrading part of which I was talking about is how you guys show the ITM Cup no acknowledgement whatsoever.
I don't care what Wales has/hasn't won, I brought up Wales to hurt you passionate Welshmen because it hurts when us Kiwi's see the New Zealand game be talked down so often regardless of how consistent we are at winning overall.
No one said the Tri Nations means more, where did you get that from. Sure it was stated that someone would rather have us win constantly between World Cups than win a World Cup and become losers afterwards and to be honest, I prefer that as well and no doubt so would you regardless of the Web Ellis Cup being the pinnacle of World Rugby. To hold bragging rights as the World Cup holders would be among one of the greatest achievements you could ever have. But to be the officially ranked No.1 Side in the World for majority of the time also holds a place up there among the best. You guys may focus all your efforts on the World Cup, where as New Zealand like to focus our efforts on everything.

And now you want to bring up Sevens? Well like I said in my last post. We dominate the World Cup winners and in the Commonwealth Games that just finished. New Zealand set the record for winning a ***le the most consecutive times in competition. 4th Commonwealth Games ***le and also, they have never lost a Commonwealth Games Match. And also effortlessly defeated the mighty World Cup holders who finished close to nowhere. But all that matters to you guys is the World Cup right?...

Actually, it started with some kiwi crying in their beer because they didn't like the idea of European competitions having a bigger audience (and therefore marketing appeal) then the ITM cup. Then several Kiwis got butt hurt and started professing about how the ITM is the greatest competition in the world (ahead of the Super 14 or even the HEC).

Then, as usual whenever that old subject comes up, test rugby came up because the Kiwis couldn't defend the domestic rugby.

Same old story.

Mate this started from a ITM Cup, English Premiership arguement and then someone decided to throw the All Blacks into the mix and talk about when we don't win which is very rarely. It wasn't us Kiwi's who started this arguement, we were just saying how important the ITM Cup and the Currie Cup would be for this game before anything was said about World Cups. Ask whoever decided to go and find match figures and state biased World Cup winning stats before defending yourselves as a means to my reaction.
The degrading part of which I was talking about is how you guys show the ITM Cup no acknowledgement whatsoever.
I don't care what Wales has/hasn't won, I brought up Wales to hurt you passionate Welshmen because it hurts when us Kiwi's see the New Zealand game be talked down so often regardless of how consistent we are at winning overall.
No one said the Tri Nations means more, where did you get that from. Sure it was stated that someone would rather have us win constantly between World Cups than win a World Cup and become losers afterwards and to be honest, I prefer that as well and no doubt so would you regardless of the Web Ellis Cup being the pinnacle of World Rugby. To hold bragging rights as the World Cup holders would be among one of the greatest achievements you could ever have. But to be the officially ranked No.1 Side in the World for majority of the time also holds a place up there among the best. You guys may focus all your efforts on the World Cup, where as New Zealand like to focus our efforts on everything.

And now you want to bring up Sevens? Well like I said in my last post. We dominate the World Cup winners and in the Commonwealth Games that just finished. New Zealand set the record for winning a ***le the most consecutive times in competition. 4th Commonwealth Games ***le and also, they have never lost a Commonwealth Games Match. And also effortlessly defeated the mighty World Cup holders who finished close to nowhere. But all that matters to you guys is the World Cup right?...

I stop reading your post at the first sentence because ...

Go and check every national teams winning percentage to see who has been the worlds dominant team...

He brought it up not me so jog on!

Constantly degrading NZ rugby? Shut up. We've won quite a bit, but we don't profess to be the best team in the world, which you lot do (no qualms with that from me, you're awesome). But you're also bottling bellends who haven't won a World Cup in 23 years. England - they're **** right?? They've been in the last 2 finals, winning one; as well as winning numerous 4/5/6 Nations ***les and Grand Slams. So we have got something to go on when we 'degrade' NZ rugby, I guess.

Oh and son, talk about Welsh rugby like that again and you can ******* look out.
I know we haven't won a World Cup since the first world cup, the world cup wasn't even my arguement as these arguements always do, it escalated to something else which is the World Cup....

It seems that whenever you guys can't get one up on us you jump to the next topic in hopes to fire us down.. But we profess to be the best because we are the best[not stating this to be a big head, just stating fact], but we don't just start a topic and say "New Zealands the best **** yeah!" It always starts out as something little like the ITM Cup where us New Zealanders do get offended because it produces so much talent that they end up over there in your guys competitions and then you have the cheek to say English Premierships hold more importance.
As you believe you have something to go on to degrade NZ rugby, we have alot to degrade Wales.

Ireland is teh awesum!!!! We shude get all da leagues!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts