• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

We Need to talk about Worcester

You have to love "We are continuing to work closely with the DCMS, RFU and PRL to ensure that this weekend's Allianz Cup and Gallagher Premiership matches against Harlequins Women and Exeter Chiefs respectively can go ahead."

Sort it out. Not sure if Colin and Jason are more Del and Rodney or Lee and Lance...

Sad but seems inevitable that warriors go into administration or the wall.
Can't see any other outcome at this time.

Honestly Prem need to make a call now what will it take for Worcester to be kicked and if so what happens after as there is so much mess waiting to happen with this

so staff are doing this game for free apparently. at some point they need to get on with the sale. It's clear that they can't responsibly run the club.

I'm know expert, but I feel that the two owners should be criminally investigated. The whole thing seems very dodgy and certainly unethical. This is one of the huge issues with our current economic model. Very rarely will the owners actually end up losing significantly where as the staff and workers will suffer hugely because of their greedy actions.

FcydU6HWAAEnqM4

Admirable from the staff but realistically shouldn't be allowed to happen,
That this is required to run the game, and they're having to shut off half the stadium too, really shows that it shouldn't be going ahead

Reckless speculation: the only prospective owners have been the ones publicly declared. They know the owners have no leverage and therefore are offering very little for the club (why would they its debts probably outweigh whatever value of the club). The owners then leaked they were close to a deal with a new buyer that didn't actually exist to put pressure on in the interested potential owners.

Reckless speculation: the only prospective owners have been the ones publicly declared. They know the owners have no leverage and therefore are offering very little for the club (why would they its debts probably outweigh whatever value of the club). The owners then leaked they were close to a deal with a new buyer that didn't actually exist to put pressure on in the interested potential owners.
I think that's what a lot of people are assuming - a shyster move from a brace of shysters.

I'm know expert, but I feel that the two owners should be criminally investigated. The whole thing seems very dodgy and certainly unethical. This is one of the huge issues with our current economic model. Very rarely will the owners actually end up losing significantly where as the staff and workers will suffer hugely because of their greedy actions.
This comes down to the whole Limited liability and why a lot of businesses set up this way. What @Dando was going on about earlier on this thread.

These directors can be struck off as being future directors if they have undertaken any serious misconduct. Badly run Companies go bust all the time.
The thing is a sane buyer is not going to take on a reported £6m debt to HMRC that was not of their own doing without an indemnity from the current owners. So yes, clearly something isn't right. And Current owners don't want to sell WW for a loss.

Personally, I can only see this ending In Administration.

Staff are admirable in the very short term but their patience will snap if they keep not getting paid.

Last edited:
This comes down to the whole Limited liability and why a lot of businesses set up this way. What @Dando was going on about earlier on this thread.

These directors can be struck off as being future directors if they have undertaken any serious misconduct. Badly run Companies go bust all the time.

The thing is a sane buyer is not going to take on a reported £6m debt to HMRC that was not of their own doing without an indemnity from the current owners. So yes, clearly something isn't right. And Current owners don't want to sell WW for a loss.

Personally, I can only see this ending In Administration.

Staff are admirable in the very short term but their patience will snap if they keep not getting paid.
That i$ the bottom line, literally and figuratively.

Last edited:

The game at CG is on tomorrow apparently, though who will play is a different story.

I suspect if you can turn up in a Worcester top and have a pair of boots, you might get a game...

Latest posts