• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Welcome Eddie.

It is highly likely that Jones will have had an "out" clause in his Stormers contract which he could activate in the event that he was offered an international job. That's is pretty standard fare for coach contracts in this professional era.

It doesn't matter how good Eddie Jones is as a coach, if Andy Farrell is involved in his back room England are still gonna struggle.

Last year, he fight for Japan to get a team into Super 15.

And this is what he said "A joke that Singapore is even being considered as the base for the 18th Super Rugby team when Japan ticks all the right boxes for forward thinking,". Then he left them in a lurch and I understand now Japan is still struggling to get the team ready for Super Rugby 2016 ..

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Super15/Japan-boost-Super-Rugby-bid-20141008

http://www.superxv.com/46878/1/japanese-super-rugby-side-falling-behind#.Vk7a7L-Spdg

He joined Stormers and said recently "There has been no contact and I am committed to the Stormers. I woke up this morning and looked at Table Mountain … I'm very happy to be here,".

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/nov/12/eddie-jones-england-stormers

Good luck to England; I believe there are a lot more better candidates...

Last edited:
Last year, he fight for Japan to get a team into Super 15.

And this is what he said "A joke that Singapore is even being considered as the base for the 18th Super Rugby team when Japan ticks all the right boxes for forward thinking,". Then he left them in a lurch and I understand now Japan is still struggling to get the team ready for Super Rugby 2016 ..

http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Super15/Japan-boost-Super-Rugby-bid-20141008

http://www.superxv.com/46878/1/japanese-super-rugby-side-falling-behind#.Vk7a7L-Spdg

He joined Stormers and said recently “There has been no contact and I am committed to the Stormers. I woke up this morning and looked at Table Mountain … I’m very happy to be here,â€.

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2015/nov/12/eddie-jones-england-stormers

1) He left Japan because the top dogs wouldn't pull there fingers out of there arses in getting the players for Super rugby comp.
2) Japan should of def gotten a super rugby team ahead of Singapore it was obvious thing.
3) Sorry but who wouldn't pick England over Stormers? More money, stabler county (nothing wrong with Cape Town in general), More rewards for winning. Only thing against English job is pressure on winning. Yes the RFU is a pain to handle but SA government seems like it is worse.

I hold no grudges against Jones for leaving, it's not like he has any inherent loyalty to SA or the Stormers.
The England job is better paying and higher profile it's really a no brainer, he isn't a Saffer. I'm disappointed but not angry at the guy personally.

The only advantage Cape Town has is that its one of the most beautiful cities in the world but that's hardly a a good reason to make a decision on your career.

The rest of it has already been covered; basically with "If you appoint an international coach with international ambitions to come to you just before the international coaching merrigoround; then don't complain if you find that your international coach would prefer to coach an international team"

As for the quoted part - go ahead, name them all.
Just who is more qualified than EJ?

I am also interested in the above question.

Who is more qualified than him?

1) He left Japan because the top dogs wouldn't pull there fingers out of there arses in getting the players for Super rugby comp.
2) Japan should of def gotten a super rugby team ahead of Singapore it was obvious thing.
3) Sorry but who wouldn't pick England over Stormers? More money, stabler county (nothing wrong with Cape Town in general), More rewards for winning. Only thing against English job is pressure on winning. Yes the RFU is a pain to handle but SA government seems like it is worse.

Point 3. Right on Brother!!!!

John Mitchell would do good at the Stormers.

Goodness, can you imagne! I think highly of Mitchell's 'rugby brain' but wonder how his reputed 'hard line' would go down here in Cape Town which is little more than a 'vacation town' when we are eing honest and the trend carries over to our rugby team it has to be said. Maybe it'd be just the tonic but just have the idea the fit just wouldn't be right.

Those poor Stormers fans are gonna be breaking stuff..

I didn't break stuff but went on a 'vacation' from rugby related matters till I calmed down. I find I am now calm(ish).

I hold no grudges against Jones for leaving, it's not like he has any inherent loyalty to SA or the Stormers.
The England job is better paying and higher profile it's really a no brainer, he isn't a Saffer. I'm disappointed but not angry at the guy personally.

The only advantage Cape Town has is that its one of the most beautiful cities in the world but that's hardly a a good reason to make a decision on your career.

Those are basically my feelings currently. I just bought too much into what the man was saying while here but won't hold it against him as I cannot say for 100% surety what I would've done or would do given the same situation.

Anyway, best of luck to Eddie and England (other than when up against SA of course... oh, no, do you think SA's ridiculous unbeaten run against England is in serious trouble now?)

Last edited:
me...

Just saw this news from the New Zealand Herald "Jones said the Super rugby expansion had diluted the competition standards and increasing the number of Australian teams was "the worst decision the ARU ever made."

He push so hard for a Japanese team but now he is contradicting himself

That's shocking - it's almost as if... what benefited Japanese rugby the most; isn't necessarily what benefited Australian rugby the most... It's almost like... they're different countries or something!
That's just a really, really weird idea; they're just so obviously the same.

Latest posts