• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wet shave vs. Dry shave

S

St Helens RLFC

I've just had my first wet shave for four and a half years. I have been using the old electrical razor since then as I loathed shaving, and I used to cut myself something rotten as well. However, in recent weeks I have grown tired of having to give myself the once over every two days, so I decided to go out and buy a new razor with some gel. So I bought myself the one that vibrates and just had a shave. Much quicker and it goes deeper and takes away all the hair.

The proof will be in the pudding I suppose, see how long it lasts for. The intention is to have a wet shave 2 - 3 times a week and then trim it down with the electric razor. It doesn't disguise the fact that I HATE having a shave though.

So.... wet or dry? Discuss.

I

InsaneAsylum

been both a wet shaver and a dry shaver and i've found a blade in the shower will beat a blade in the sink which will beat an electric. brand and age of blade or brand/model of electric makes a huge difference, but i mainly just use my electric now for when i'm on business trips

R

Rugby_Cymru

Yup, a wet shave in the shower for me.
Then, once my legs are done, i'll switch blades and shave my face at the sink.

Hohoho!

H

Hazey

Wet shave simply because it seems to take more effort to shave every day with the electric, rather then twice a week with the old combat knife...

Q

QKXV

I prefer dry as I don't like a close shave, stubble is good. I only wet shave on special occasions like press conferences and orgies.

B

Bullitt

Philishave for me every time; Not used the Wilkinson Sword on over 4 years (I don't even know/care if I can buy blades for it any more).

G

gjohn85

Wet shave for me, never had an electric shaver. I had Gillette Fusion set for Xmas, a lovely shave, but replacement blades a rip-off.

M

melon

Use the good ol' cheap razors with shaving cream and a pig bristle brush! Wet Shave ftw. Only have 2 every 2nd or 3rd day as opposed 2 the shitty electric shavers that promote laziness.

S

SaintsFan_Webby

I don't trust myself to go anywhere near my face with an open razor. It's not that I'm clumsy, I'm just sure I'd become that way inclined if I were to put sharp objects too close.

S

St Helens RLFC

I don't trust myself to go anywhere near my face with an open razor. It's not that I'm clumsy, I'm just sure I'd become that way inclined if I were to put sharp objects too close. [/b]

Who do you think you are - Air Ben?! ;)

B

BokMagic

Wet shave by a country mile- just the luxurious feel of foam lathering on face. So maybe I`m old-fashioned, but it`s just that much of a closer shave. And the wife really appreciates it too.

O

O'Rothlain

I like the five o'clock shadow look on myself, so I do the ole electric now...but, you get as smooth as lionel richie when you have a hot, foamy old fashioned shave.

M

Mr Bean

Wet

Shower first. Gilette gel rubbed in and shave with cold water. Downwards strokes to avoid too much irritation.

Alternatively just use Veet :cheers:

H

Hadrian Vile

Wet

Shower first. Gilette gel rubbed in and shave with cold water. Downwards strokes to avoid too much irritation.

Alternatively just use Veet :cheers:
[/b]

I like my shave wet like I like my women.
And how many more blades do we really need? They're up to like 5 or some **** now!

E

EVOL

yeah i might just invent the 20 blade razor, at least it'll be future proof it for at least a month

i shave as little as possible but im a wet shave guy my electric razor takes too long when youve got a fat neck, but i get a bit of shaving rash afterwards with the wet

C

candybum

i hate shaving whilst in the shower (sexy thought huh? :p ), i always miss some places!

i prefer the wet shave, but often say 90% i do the old dry shave depends on my mood which is often lazy

P

Prestwick

I have to be really careful when I shave because I tend to just cut my face off.

Latest posts