• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wet shave vs. Dry shave

S

St Helens RLFC

I've just had my first wet shave for four and a half years. I have been using the old electrical razor since then as I loathed shaving, and I used to cut myself something rotten as well. However, in recent weeks I have grown tired of having to give myself the once over every two days, so I decided to go out and buy a new razor with some gel. So I bought myself the one that vibrates and just had a shave. Much quicker and it goes deeper and takes away all the hair.

The proof will be in the pudding I suppose, see how long it lasts for. The intention is to have a wet shave 2 - 3 times a week and then trim it down with the electric razor. It doesn't disguise the fact that I HATE having a shave though.

So.... wet or dry? Discuss.

been both a wet shaver and a dry shaver and i've found a blade in the shower will beat a blade in the sink which will beat an electric. brand and age of blade or brand/model of electric makes a huge difference, but i mainly just use my electric now for when i'm on business trips

Yup, a wet shave in the shower for me.
Then, once my legs are done, i'll switch blades and shave my face at the sink.

Hohoho!

Wet shave simply because it seems to take more effort to shave every day with the electric, rather then twice a week with the old combat knife...

I prefer dry as I don't like a close shave, stubble is good. I only wet shave on special occasions like press conferences and orgies.

Philishave for me every time; Not used the Wilkinson Sword on over 4 years (I don't even know/care if I can buy blades for it any more).

Wet shave for me, never had an electric shaver. I had Gillette Fusion set for Xmas, a lovely shave, but replacement blades a rip-off.

Use the good ol' cheap razors with shaving cream and a pig bristle brush! Wet Shave ftw. Only have 2 every 2nd or 3rd day as opposed 2 the shitty electric shavers that promote laziness.

I don't trust myself to go anywhere near my face with an open razor. It's not that I'm clumsy, I'm just sure I'd become that way inclined if I were to put sharp objects too close.

I don't trust myself to go anywhere near my face with an open razor. It's not that I'm clumsy, I'm just sure I'd become that way inclined if I were to put sharp objects too close. [/b]

Who do you think you are - Air Ben?! ;)

Wet shave by a country mile- just the luxurious feel of foam lathering on face. So maybe I`m old-fashioned, but it`s just that much of a closer shave. And the wife really appreciates it too.

I like the five o'clock shadow look on myself, so I do the ole electric now...but, you get as smooth as lionel richie when you have a hot, foamy old fashioned shave.

Wet

Shower first. Gilette gel rubbed in and shave with cold water. Downwards strokes to avoid too much irritation.

Alternatively just use Veet :cheers:

Wet

Shower first. Gilette gel rubbed in and shave with cold water. Downwards strokes to avoid too much irritation.

Alternatively just use Veet :cheers:
[/b]

I like my shave wet like I like my women.
And how many more blades do we really need? They're up to like 5 or some **** now!

yeah i might just invent the 20 blade razor, at least it'll be future proof it for at least a month

i shave as little as possible but im a wet shave guy my electric razor takes too long when youve got a fat neck, but i get a bit of shaving rash afterwards with the wet

i hate shaving whilst in the shower (sexy thought huh? :p ), i always miss some places!

i prefer the wet shave, but often say 90% i do the old dry shave depends on my mood which is often lazy

I have to be really careful when I shave because I tend to just cut my face off.

Latest posts