• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wet shave vs. Dry shave

Just get a huge page of single bladed safety razors for bugger all cost.

Or you can use one of the f*** off scary proper razors.

Just get a huge page of single bladed safety razors for bugger all cost.

Or you can use one of the f*** off scary proper razors. [/b]
I hear you get an amazing shave with one of those...
layoutblade.jpg

Ahhhh...just like Grandpa!

lol there's a proper shaving blade

i've always wondered if i should invest in the old fashioned shaving kit - complete with shaving brush and mug, the leather-sharpening thingy and old-school fold out blade

currently i've just switched back from electric razor to wet shave using cheap disposable generic blades with barbasol shaving cream - i prefer using some kind of blade most of the time - used to have the gillette vibrating one but as pointed out didn't like buying replacement blades

I don't get the vibrating part. Not used to shaving faces and for all guy's convenience I won't go into the female version of 'wet or dry', but I don't see how a vibrating razor would help.

Buying replacement blades is a rip off for both sexes, but you can't just let it grow. Although some people like to think otherwise (Antwerp has a 'mustache club', which accounts for some impressive facial hair. And gross. Forgot to mention Gross)

As requested:

You guys have it easy, sometimes you cut yourself a bit, or your skin gets irritated, which is, granted, bad since it's on your face so very sensitive, but still, endurable.

Girls have too many options, and none of them appealing.
You shave it wet, it will be back in a few days, with a vengeance, and no one likes a girl with a stubble. At least no one I ever heard of. Hairs will get thicker, darker, ingrown, there will be more of them. So, bad option, but it's so quick! Considering the amount of skin we have to cover before leaving the house, it can be appealing to think, to hell with it, I only have this much time.

You shave it dry, you have basically the same problem as when shaving dry.

You use a torture device to pull out all your hairs by the root, you endure pure agony. Until your skin gets used to the pain, and stops feeling it. Which is equally icky, since you know your skin is getting insensitive.
Also, it takes a while before the skins stops feeling the pain.

Having it waxed costs a lot of money, and hurts more than using the electrical device.

Waxing it yourself will mean your entire bathroom is covered in wax, same with your legs, and results won't always be very good.

Using chemical products, the hairs will be back in a few days time, and they can cause serious irritation.

Having them removed permanently, Costs a fortune, can leave scars, and will indubitably leave hairs.

In the end.
We lose :p

Oh, bloody hell, i'm gonna stop moaning about shaving from now on.

But then again, it seems women get EVERYTHING so much more difficult in life. Whinge, whinge, bloody whinge. :p

10 points for using the word indubitably though - especially considering english is not your 1st language.

As requested:

You guys have it easy, sometimes you cut yourself a bit, or your skin gets irritated, which is, granted, bad since it's on your face so very sensitive, but still, endurable.

You shave it wet, it will be back in a few days, with a vengeance, and no one likes a girl with a stubble. At least no one I ever heard of. Hairs will get thicker, darker, ingrown, there will be more of them. So, bad option, but it's so quick! Considering the amount of skin we have to cover before leaving the house, it can be appealing to think, to hell with it, I only have this much time.

You use a torture device to pull out all your hairs by the root, you endure pure agony. Until your skin gets used to the pain, and stops feeling it. Which is equally icky, since you know your skin is getting insensitive.

Having it waxed costs a lot of money, and hurts more than using the electrical device.

Waxing it yourself will mean your entire bathroom is covered in wax, same with your legs, and results won't always be very good.

Using chemical products, the hairs will be back in a few days time, and they can cause serious irritation.

Having them removed permanently, Costs a fortune, can leave scars, and will indubitably leave hairs.

In the end.
We lose :p [/b]

OMG, the can of worms I have opened! :eek: :p

Whinge, whinge, bloody whinge. :p [/b]

Haha, nicely put... :D

I don't get the vibrating part. Not used to shaving faces and for all guy's convenience I won't go into the female version of 'wet or dry', but I don't see how a vibrating razor would help. [/b]

Supposedly it stimulates the hairs and makes them stand on end, meaning it is much easier to get a closer shave.

<strike>Beardy</strike> Prestwick uses one of these;

VC330_949.jpg

[/b]

That's nothing, the other day I found a company that sells automatic lawnmowers, check out the robomow here! Thank you for your cooperation

What is the world coming to?! That looks like a f***ing electric lawn mower! Why can't people use a good old set of blades connected to a motor perched upon a hunk of metal with a pushing mechanism?
wpm_20053_r_210510_xl.jpg

That is as new age as you should get!

As requested:

In the end.
We lose :p [/b]

Don't shave you legs & wear trousers all the time. Then when you want to wear a skirt or a dress, tell everyone that you are wearing new tights that is made by fox hair.

Latest posts