• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What does everyone think about the wallabies new backline

T

tchiseen

personally, i think giteau is crap at 9, i was really excited to see him move there, but unfortuneately he's junk there. also, i dont care, i want ryan cross to start for the wallabies. anyone agree? tape up his head and let him go, he's an ugly sod but he's big and doesnt muck about

personally i don't know why so much focus is being put on the aussie backline, i think its clear that most of our struggles have been in the forwards

What is the Wallaby backline? Won't it change all the time with injuries and such....? What do you think is there true backline barring injuries??????

I would have if all were fit.....

15. Latham

14. Mitchell

11. Gerard

13. Rathbone

12. Giteau

10. Larkham

09. Gregan

Well Aussies really don't have anyone good enough to take over the Grregan/Larkham combination...so they remain by default. Giteau also does not have anyone good enough to take over 12. Rathbone is strong and I think he would do a better job now at centre than the aging Mortlock who is starting to look a little slow pace wise. Gerard is a strong winger and has fantastic pace and a good kick....Mitchell is not as fast as Gerard but at least he can create stuff out of nothing. Latham....well thats pretty obvious.

Tuqiri does not offer enough anymore....he has become too predictable and even though he has a big name he has very little to show for it....Rokocoko and Sivivatu do more in a test than Tuqiri does. Ione is promising but not experienced enough.

rathbone over mortlock? where the heck is rathbone? i haven't seen him play since ummm ages ago

Rathbone has been out for most of last and this season some sort of recurring injury. I dont know what it is off the top of my head though. It was on the news a while back.

Latest posts