TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Sale

Rise of Skywalker

Absolute ****. I thought it was just angry fans being OTT, and I even liked the prequels, but it was genuinely terrible.

ncurd

International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

Rise of Skywalker

Absolute ****. I thought it was just angry fans being OTT, and I even liked the prequels, but it was genuinely terrible.
I think I've heard it best described an emporer has no clothes moment for JJ Abrams. Personally I've never been a huge fan but I did enjoy his some of his stuff beforehand. But RoS really did prove he absolutely is a filmmaker with nothing to say other than to regurgitate nostalgia.

It's also a very badly made film with at least another few rounds required in the editing suite.

Ids1978

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

Scotland

Club or Nation

Newcastle RU

Rise of Skywalker

I liked it

Everyone has different tastes

rugbeian_usa

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

United States

Club or Nation

Glasgow

I saw Dial M For Murder starring Ray Milland and Grace Kelly last night on the Movies! channel. Alfred Hitchcock was an extraordinary Film and TV director. :cool:

Last edited:

The Alpha Bro

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Leinster

Blinded by the Light - Its great even with subtle imagery after a race fight of a Thatcher relection poster with the words 'United Britain, Vote Conservative'.....still would of bee remiss not make some point of it considering the setting. Still its a great movie about discovering music and how it envelopes your world especially at the 16/17 age bracket.

Watched it last night, really liked it. Don't know how well it would have hit personally without being a huge Boss fan, or watching with my Dad, who grew up in England, lived in Luton for a bit and is only a few years older, so he explained a lot. Loved the badlands scene in the diner and his first listen to Dancing in the Dark and The Promise Land in particular.

The_Blindside

International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

Rewatching Rainman. Must say that Tom Cruise is very underrated in this film. His character is the one who changes as the film progresses. Hoffman’s performance, of course, as Raymond is superb as the autistic savant.

ncurd

International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

Bath

Rewatching Rainman. Must say that Tom Cruise is very underrated in this film. His character is the one who changes as the film progresses. Hoffman’s performance, of course, as Raymond is superb as the autistic savant.
I think I read somewhere that Hoffman was pretty annoyed that he got all the plaudits for that film when its Cruise who does all the real acting work.

The_Blindside

International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

I think I read somewhere that Hoffman was pretty annoyed that he got all the plaudits for that film when its Cruise who does all the real acting work.

I wouldn’t be surprised. Cruise didn’t even get nominated for best actor or supporting actor for that year. Although in the supporting actor category no argument from me going to Kevin Klein in a Fish called Wanda. One day I am sure Cruise will in a lifetime achievement one. But just fell into that “pretty boy” actor, which the academy didn’t reward/like at the time. But you look at Leo and Brad Pitt have since won in their own right.

rugbeian_usa

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

United States

Club or Nation

Glasgow

I just saw this film for the first time (it was released in 2006) and is now streaming on Showtime. I really liked it. Good story, good acting and good cinematography. :cool:

Last edited:

The_Blindside

International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

Rewatched the Shawshank Redemption.

profitius

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

Ireland

Club or Nation

Munster

I saw Dial M For Murder starring Ray Milland and Grace Kelly last night on the Movies! channel. Alfred Hitchcock was an extraordinary Film and TV director. :cool:

He was a genius. North by northwest is my favorite of his films but the rest are great too. Rare window is mainly filmed in one room with one man. Only Hitchcock could make that entertaining.

rugbeian_usa

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

United States

Club or Nation

Glasgow

He was a genius. North by northwest is my favorite of his films but the rest are great too. Rare window is mainly filmed in one room with one man. Only Hitchcock could make that entertaining.

Vertigo is my favorite Hitchcock film, but I agree with you that they're all great.

The_Blindside

International
TRF Legend
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Country Flag

England

Club or Nation

British Irish Lions

The American. Slow, cat and mouse thriller. Seen it before, but on netflix. Very underrated.

Johnny Storm

Academy Player
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Southern Comfort

An old 1980s psycho thriller, but it was actually quite good.

TheOvalBall

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

South Africa

Club or Nation

France

Seven Years in Tibet (1997) from Brad Pitt. Wonderful film.

rugbeian_usa

First XV
TRF Legend
Reaction score
Country Flag

United States

Club or Nation

Glasgow

Documentary streaming on Amazon Prime about the life of Susan Oliver. She was an award winning actress, writer, director and record breaking trans-atlantic pilot.

Last edited:

Primary

The Rugby Forum Assistant
Here are some related products that The Rugby Forum members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to The Rugby Forum’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to The Rugby Forum discussions about these products.