big ginger 8

Hall of Fame
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
For me it's:

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves. Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we're liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

Cue the **** taking.

Yeah never read it but heard about him, O'Sullivan got him in to talk to the Irish team a few years ago.

Mine would have to be either this:

Jim Telfer = Hero. Makes me so proud just watching it!
and:

or:

Last edited by a moderator:
Jim Telfer = Hero. Makes me so proud just watching it!

If you like that, you are bound to enjoy this... Jim Telfer getting into an argument with a Bok fan, and Ian McGeechan trying to keep him out of trouble.

Willie John McBrides speech before the 09's Lions first test was pretty good.

This story.

I think this should be example for anyone who's going to give up with anything, for who's hopeless or maybe lost...
And I'm sure Beau Robinson will surely have a good story to tell to his grandsons, once he'll be old.

J.K. Rowling's commencement address to Harvard University's Class of '08.

The "This Is Your Everest Boys" gets me going everytime, I've found that in watching the DVD's from the behind the scenes of each tour since '97 that McGeechan and Telfer in 97 and McGeechan in 09 were by far the most inspiring.

Denis Waitley: "It's not what you are that holds you back, it's what you think you're not"

Staff Forum: "Let's ban superprop".

If you havnt read 'The Grudge' by Tom English then get yourself a copy. Mr Telfer features in it alot and it was him that turned the Scottish pack into grand slam winners. It also gives a good insite into the mindset of players like Carling, Sole, Moore and most revealing Kenny Milne the Scottish hooker. Even if you are English like me and a tad bitter about the Calcutta cup game of 1990 you will still not be able to put it down.

Surprised nobody has mentioned this one yet...

My Uncle "all my friends are going to hell...I may as well join them"

Why worry about what comes next

Latest posts