• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

what a finale....

already can't wait for season (series) 5
Of what? Peaky Blinders?

If so I was actually very disappointed. I won't go into detail as to why to avoid spoilers but a pattern is emerging with BBC shows where once they gain a real pop culture following they become full of themselves and venture too far from their original material. It happened majorly with Sherlock and this finale started showing hints of it in Peaky Blinders. Every confrontation feels empty now, you know that the Peaky's will always come out on top, despite what happened in the season opening.

This season's problem was resolved far too easily.

Last edited:
Anyone watch the new league of Gentlemens?

I'm a massive fan from the old days, was really excited and thought episodes 1 and 2 were excellent ... but just caught up with the 3rd and final and thought it was pretty weak to be honest. Still very glad they made new material though, far more good than bad.

Godless on Netflix

Loved it! I'm an absolute sucker for a good western so this was right up my street
Practically Red Dead Redemption the series

Find it tough to get into Black Mirror. One episode can be great and the next a chore to get through. For instance the star fleet episode with Jesse Plemons was incredible in every way and then one like Metalhead which is one long chase sequence with a predictable ending.

Find it tough to get into Black Mirror. One episode can be great and the next a chore to get through. For instance the star fleet episode with Jesse Plemons was incredible in every way and then one like Metalhead which is one long chase sequence with a predictable ending.
They could really do with going back to 3 episode seasons. USS Callister was my favourite episode to date and the one with John from Peaky Blinders was good but the rest were bland. To be fair I didn't think Crocodile Tears was nearly as bad as people labelled it but yeah the rest was pretty dire.

Godless on Netflix

Loved it! I'm an absolute sucker for a good western so this was right up my street
Practically Red Dead Redemption the series

Seconded! Just finished with Godless. Really enjoyed how well paced it seemed to be, which may have something to do with this being a finite story and a definite end. It felt like a full story rather than an never ending story line that other ongoing TV series have.

Friends goes on Netflix and people are trying to ruin it damn it.
I watched that show on repeat for an age damn it nothing else was on before Simpsons at 6 PM, and people are trying to ruin it for me.

Friends goes on Netflix and people are trying to ruin it damn it.
I watched that show on repeat for an age damn it nothing else was on before Simpsons at 6 PM, and people are trying to ruin it for me.
It has its issues me and my wife watched it when we were first dating. The Fat Monica thing is clearly offensive, we noted it back then as well as its attitudes to homosexuality. However for the most part its genuinely funny its just a little of its time but not in it totally breaks the show kind of way.

I tell you what is scary watching Babylon 5 and watching the whole Earth Alliance presidency plot.

I tell you what is scary watching Babylon 5 and watching the whole Earth Alliance presidency plot.

I've been re-watching this since adverts for it being broadcast somewhere or other reminded me about it. The thing that has struck me is how much of the technology that was meant to be some 250 years odd in the future is already starting to look primitive 25 years down the track.

It has its issues me and my wife watched it when we were first dating. The Fat Monica thing is clearly offensive, we noted it back then as well as its attitudes to homosexuality. However for the most part its genuinely funny its just a little of its time but not in it totally breaks the show kind of way.

Alot of shows from that time had some "issues"

I've been re-watching this since adverts for it being broadcast somewhere or other reminded me about it. The thing that has struck me is how much of the technology that was meant to be some 250 years odd in the future is already starting to look primitive 25 years down the track.
Usual issue of sci-fi some thing are way off in the future and 'may' never be achieved. Other stuff not so much...

Latest posts