• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

He's already playing Bruce Wayne in ***ans and I'd be surprised if he'd play exactly the same character again.

Let's be honest like GoT this will hinge entirely in the younger cast possibly moreso who's playing Rand, Perrin, Matt, Egwene and Elayne. Possibly room for a name in Nynaeve. But that will make or break season 1 and thus the rest of the show.

The fact they got Pike is a very good sign.

He's already playing Bruce Wayne in ***ans and I'd be surprised if he'd play exactly the same character again.

Let's be honest like GoT this will hinge entirely in the younger cast possibly moreso who's playing Rand, Perrin, Matt, Egwene and Elayne. Possibly room for a name in Nynaeve. But that will make or break season 1 and thus the rest of the show.

The fact they got Pike is a very good sign.

Maybe it's just coz I'm old but all my fave GoT characters were the older ones... Bron, Ser Jorah, Ser Davos, Ned, Tywin etc.

Maybe it's just coz I'm old but all my fave GoT characters were the older ones... Bron, Ser Jorah, Ser Davos, Ned, Tywin etc.
I agree but the plot of WoR revolves around those characters if they don't work the entire thing will fall apart.

I agree but the plot of WoR revolves around those characters if they don't work the entire thing will fall apart.

I get you, they will be important... and theyre great characters (the three boys in particular). Hopefully they'll cast appropriate unknowns like they did in GoT.

Pike is good casting. Doesn't quite fit the physical description but for Moraine that's not particularly important.

I always pictured Lan as Hugo Weaving for some reason. Wouldn't be surprised if they cast someone of Asian descent as that's the closest analogue to the Border countries and the showrunner has made some mention of a diverse cast.

If you're talking about the tv series then I'd say one of the reasons they were more interesting was because they were the better more experienced actors.

Also I officially want to launch my campaign to play Perrin. I have no acting experience but have broad shoulders so it's clearly a no brainer.

Edit: still my favourite fan casting:
http://imgur.com/a/TJE4Z

Last edited:
Pike is good casting. Doesn't quite fit the physical description but for Moraine that's not particularly important.

I always pictured Lan as Hugo Weaving for some reason. Wouldn't be surprised if they cast someone of Asian descent as that's the closest analogue to the Border countries and the showrunner has made some mention of a diverse cast.

If you're talking about the tv series then I'd say one of the reasons they were more interesting was because they were the better more experienced actors.

Also I officially want to launch my campaign to play Perrin. I have no acting experience but have broad shoulders so it's clearly a no brainer.

Funny how we all read this differently, I always envisioned him as more of a Hugh Jackman (in the Wolverine role rather than any of his others). Guess the Malkieri were more Ozzie than Asian ;)... who knew!

Honestly my favourite characters were Nynaeve and al'Lan second the Hugo Weaving from when I was reading them but honestly I'd really like to see someone like Hiroyuki Sanada would be best.

In other news Sam Strike has been cast as Roland Deschain in the Amazon Dark Tower series... sounds terrible.

In other news Sam Strike has been cast as Roland Deschain in the Amazon Dark Tower series... sounds terrible.

Don't think I've seen him in anything. But they're starting with Wizard and Glass so doubt he'd be playing him for the whole thing since it's a flashback.

Don't think I've seen him in anything. But they're starting with Wizard and Glass so doubt he'd be playing him for the whole thing since it's a flashback.

Was my favourite book of the series tbf but I'm sure (maybe it's just the way I'm remembering) that they were just flashbacks and that 'present day' Roland was in the book too. Guess they're just doing the whole thing chronologically... in which case they'd probably have to change the ending (which I thought was the worst part of the whole series anyway).

Was my favourite book of the series tbf but I'm sure (maybe it's just the way I'm remembering) that they were just flashbacks and that 'present day' Roland was in the book too. Guess they're just doing the whole thing chronologically... in which case they'd probably have to change the ending (which I thought was the worst part of the whole series anyway).

Been a while since I read it myself and there definitely is some stuff with the older Roland but it's fairly sparse so you could remove it. But yeah it doesn't make a huge amount of sense to me. Some people have read it first by accident but I think The Gunslinger is a better starting point.

Been a while since I read it myself and there definitely is some stuff with the older Roland but it's fairly sparse so you could remove it. But yeah it doesn't make a huge amount of sense to me. Some people have read it first by accident but I think The Gunslinger is a better starting point.

Hope I'm wrong (as I'm a big Stephen King fan and the Dark Tower is my favourite books of his) but I have a bad feeling about this.

Rosamund Pike cast as Moiraine in the Amazon Wheel of Time show... not bad casting imo.
Confirmed; it also looks like she's getting a producer credit as well - possibly to help recruit other names, possibly a move behind the camera, possibly just a way of inflating her wage/ego.
https://twitter.com/WoTWritersRoom/status/1141390183641866245
https://twitter.com/rafejudkins/status/1141391573625835526

What I still don' know, is why twitter links sometimes auto-embed, and sometimes don't; or how to do anything about it

Finally got around to starting Nicolas Winding Refn's Too Old Too Die Young on Amazon, got the first two episodes finished last night. It's definitely going to divide opinion but I'm enjoying it so far. If you like Drive (my favourite of Refn's movies) this has a very similar style and you'll probably like this. It also feels quite 'Lynchian' to me, so for any David Lynch fans out there, you might enjoy this also.

It is very slow though... with each episode clocking in at over an hour and a half, so to watch the whole season will feel like watching 10 feature films in a row.

Netflix going to adapt Neil Gaiman's Sandman into what will be DC's most expensive comic book show yet made. If this is done right, it could be one of the best shows ever made.

Stranger things s3.

Just finished season 3, started this morning and watched back to back... best season so far... and by some margin imo. That comes from someone who loved 1 & 2 also.

Certain aspects have begun to rival prime Game of Thrones for me (only certain aspects before anyone piles on... I still rate GoT as the best show ever regardless of s8 but that's another discussion) character development and team-ups were amazing during this latest season... surprisingly good in fact. Because of which I'd say that this was the best season of TV I've watched this year... and I've watched a fair few.

Can't wait for season 4!

Chernobyl, best telly I've seen in years.

Currently half way through Stranger Things, definitely picked up again after S2

Latest posts