• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Still haven't watched that yet... proving quite the hard sell to the missus but looking forward to it when I can twist her arm to just the right angle.
I had the same problem, so simply started watching, she came in about 10 minutes later and was just as hooked as I was

Three episodes in to Stranger Things season 3 and loving it so far

Took me me a few minutes to recognise him but one of the reporter guys at the newspaper is Ace from Starship Troopers - blew my mind, haha

Three episodes in to Stranger Things season 3 and loving it so far

Took me me a few minutes to recognise him but one of the reporter guys at the newspaper is Ace from Starship Troopers - blew my mind, haha

Blew my mind last night, when I noticed Kai Greene in that weird season 2 ep towards the end... couldn't have recognised him when I first watched, that or I just completely forgot.

Don't know if he's turned up by episode 3 (& it's no real spoiler if he hasn't) but nice to see Cary Elwes turn up as well... I loved that guy in Princess Bride and Men in Tights.

Last edited:
While we're on the subject of Stranger Things... and what with it being 'so hot right now', if anyone is a fan of ST and hasn't watched Dark yet, it's very good.

It's a German Netflix show that doesn't have the nostalgia factor that ST has but is probably a bit cleverer. I watched season 1 back in 2017 and they've just released 2 but I'm still getting around to fitting it in the schedule. For what it's worth, the nostalgia and fun side of ST wins out for me between the two shows but it is a classy show.

Blew my mind last night, when I noticed Kai Greene in that weird season 2 ep towards the end... couldn't have recognised him when I first watched, that or I just completely forgot.
Yes!
He was a surprisingly good actor as well!

Funny you mention dark - Ive seen a lot of people mentioning how great it is, on social media, some saying it's as good as Stranger Things
Definitely on my to watch list

Yes!
He was a surprisingly good actor as well!

Funny you mention dark - Ive seen a lot of people mentioning how great it is, on social media, some saying it's as good as Stranger Things
Definitely on my to watch list

You should definitely find the time, I personally find it hard to get the motivation to watch something in a foreign language (dubbed or subtitled). I know this probably makes me sound horribly xenophobic but i just struggle to choose something like that when there is SO much British and American stuff on the backlog. Having said that, once I started Dark it didn't seem a problem at all.

You should definitely find the time, I personally find it hard to get the motivation to watch something in a foreign language (dubbed or subtitled). I know this probably makes me sound horribly xenophobic but i just struggle to choose something like that when there is SO much British and American stuff on the backlog. Having said that, once I started Dark it didn't seem a problem at all.
Definitely hear that - I've only watched one season of Narcos, despite loving it, because the subtitles are a lot to commit to haha
I was forever rewinding it because I'd missed something by glancing away from the TV etc

Definitely hear that - I've only watched one season of Narcos, despite loving it, because the subtitles are a lot to commit to haha
I was forever rewinding it because I'd missed something by glancing away from the TV etc

Same! Did season 1... frikkin loved it but never found the will to go back and finish it. I really need to do that actually!

Chernobyl, best telly I've seen in years.

As a human drama it was hard not feel bad for those impacted by the disaster. Kind of lost me (switched off) in the whole science as to why it all happened but got the gist of it.

Episode 6 so far of Stranger things and yes really enjoying it so far.

Last edited:
Nearly done with Stranger Things now.
It's very good, butnhating the "Stereotypically Evil Russians" that makes it seem like the show was written in the 1985 too.
Hope they manage to subvert that before the end.

Episode 6 so far of Strangee things and yes really enjoying it so far.

Get your emotions ready!
Nearly done with Stranger Things now.
It's very good, butnhating the "Stereotypically Evil Russians" that makes it seem like the show was written in the 1985 too.
Hope they manage to subvert that before the end.

Sadly not (think it's an intentional thing actually to ape the 80's feel of red paranoia as opposed to a modern attack on the ruskies but I could be wrong)... but anywho we'll always have Dr. Alexei.

To be fair seasons 1 and 2 the scientists mentioned Russia quite a lot as the big bad guys they wanted to keep the tech away from

I don't hate it - evil Russians is a bit of a cheesey trope these days, but it's the 80s/the cold war so it makes sense and doesn't feel out of place for me

I'm really regretting not starting this yesterday - just finished episode 5 but don't have time for anymore tonight D:

Typical UKIP voter right here.

Honestly I choose to put on subtitles!!!!! Even in English because i'm that smart.

#Subsoverdubs

Hey, I'm lazy/have a short attention span, not racist!

I've always been sub over dub when watching anime (weebs can't be xenophobes)

Don't know if he's turned up by episode 3 (& it's no real spoiler if he hasn't) but nice to see Cary Elwes turn up as well... I loved that guy in Princess Bride and Men in Tights.
Only just clicked that he's the mayor!

Typical UKIP voter right here.

Honestly I choose to put on subtitles!!!!! Even in English because i'm that smart.

#Subsoverdubs
Hey, I'm lazy/have a short attention span, not racist!

I've always been sub over dub when watching anime (weebs can't be xenophobes)

Only just clicked that he's the mayor!

I get that I'm a heathen... and if forced to (like I can only find a subbed stream) I tend to enjoy subs more but... if the option is there, I dub 60% of the time... every time!

Latest posts