• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

I really liked his character, was gutted when he died

Just finished season 3 and ******* loved it - such a good show.
As good as season 2, imo. Season 1 stands alone, for me, as it has a different feel to it - much more tense/horror-ish than the more action oriented 2 and 3.
The lights spelling out a message on the wall was creepy as hell.

It's just become a little too 'fun' for my liking. S1 had real grit and real stakes, but now that just doesn't exist, it's like a cartoon. The main cast is invincible because the writers like their characters too much to kill anyone off, and it's ruined any mystery because you know it'll all turn out okay.

It's just become a little too 'fun' for my liking. S1 had real grit and real stakes, but now that just doesn't exist, it's like a cartoon. The main cast is invincible because the writers like their characters too much to kill anyone off, and it's ruined any mystery because you know it'll all turn out okay.
I think part of Justice4Barb was she really resonated with people in her 2 episodes that doesn't happen now. I don't want them going all GoT but I do wish there were stakes.

I also get annoyed with 11's damn nose bleed out the same damn nostril...

A lot of people seem to think it's Brenner,
I'd rather Hopper but who knows
After Hellboy bombed Harbour probably still needs the work. I'd be surprised if it wasn't him or he just entered the Upside Down.

Yeah I didn't want to mention the later stuff because spoilers but that's my point, the major emotional beat they hit was undone by the fact that the character is still alive.

Yeah enjoyed it. Got to revisit seasons 1 and 2 as forgotten a lot. Now can't get that Never-ending story song out of my head.

So I've started watching 2 shows this past week:

Designated Survivor
13 Reasons Why

Designated Survivor after 9 episodes have kept me very entertained - This is how a show about an american president should be!

13 Reasons Why - Watching this with wifey (part of a school project about awareness). This story has grabbed my attention in so many ways, I'm wondering why this isn't such a big hit in SA.

Designated Survivor
13 Reasons Why

Designated Survivor after 9 episodes have kept me very entertained - This is how a show about an american president should be!

13 Reasons Why - Watching this with wifey (part of a school project about awareness). This story has grabbed my attention in so many ways, I'm wondering why this isn't such a big hit in SA.

Have you seen the ending yet?

Have you seen the ending yet?
Watched the episode last night where the FBI director's son was found dead next to a river. Can't wait to see what happens next!!

Thought 13RW was quite problematic TBH.
In what sense? I think this story has a lot of valuable lessons about a few touchy subjects which a lot of teenagers are experiencing. I guess because I went through something similar, I can relate more to the story. But both my wife and aunt who are educators are of the opinion that this story could be of great value if teenagers watch it.

13 Reasons Why didn't appeal, it was Insatiable that I've refused to watch out of principal.

Designated Survivor
13 Reasons Why

Watched season 1 of 13RW when it can out and quite enjoyed... heard that season 2 was really bad so haven't gone back to it.

DS started quite well but found the quality quickly decreased. Might go back for season 3 though, just to see if Netflix has done anything different with it.

Also... American Vandal was great... not particularly into comedies but found both seasons hilarious.

DS started quite well but found the quality quickly decreased.
I agree, but it is inevitable by design. The show's premise is about how a person/family/government/country overcomes a catastrophic but nevertheless one-off event. The more the time passes the more that one off event dilutes.
It starts off as an original and entertaining series and ends up being some washed up, straight-to-vhs wannabe copycat of the west wing.

I agree, but it is inevitable by design. The show's premise is about how a person/family/government/country overcomes a catastrophic but nevertheless one-off event. The more the time passes the more that one off event dilutes.
It starts off as an original and entertaining series and ends up being some washed up, straight-to-vhs wannabe copycat of the west wing.

Yeah it had a great gimmick but that was only ever going to last so long. House of Cards all the way for me... though I haven't watched the last season which I've heard was garbage.