• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

I find it pretty hard to watch anything Spacey wise these days HoC fell apart anyway once he achieved his desired goals.

I find it pretty hard to watch anything Spacey wise these days HoC fell apart anyway once he achieved his desired goals.

Regardless of the guy turning out to be an absolute embarrassment to the human race... the show was quality (watched it before Spaceys dalliances came out mind so who knows maybe it'd be different if I'd have watched it after).

Last edited:
So I 'try' not to get too excited about Star Wars stuff anymore... but The Mandalorian is looking like just what I want from the franchise:

Am I right in saying Britbox will be for bbc and ITV achieves rather than replacing Iplayer right?

Can't see me joining it still.
Netflix (£7 ish) (Could get it cheaper with VPN but CBA)
Amazon Prime (£7.99) (Thank lord for the Prime student loophole I got in so like £39)
Disney + (Must have once it's up) (£7?)

With
Spotify on top of that Student discount runs out this year :(
and BT sports + Sky.

Am I right in saying Britbox will be for bbc and ITV achieves rather than replacing Iplayer right?

Can't see me joining it still.
Netflix (£7 ish) (Could get it cheaper with VPN but CBA)
Amazon Prime (£7.99) (Thank lord for the Prime student loophole I got in so like £39)
Disney + (Must have once it's up) (£7?)

With
Spotify on top of that Student discount runs out this year :(
and BT sports + Sky.

Hadn't even heard about Britbox until I read your post... not another bloody subscription! Much like yourself, I currently have a sub to all the things you've mentioned apart from Spotify... but add Premier sports and Now TV and Virgin :oops:...

Hopefully they'll start doing bundles of various services where you get a partial discount on each one when combined compared to the full price of each individually... coz I'm gonna want the Disney one too and it looks like Amazon and Netflix are only going to be producing better shows in the future :eek:!

As someone who has read the graphic novel three or four times (obviously love it), love the film (particularly the Ultimate Cut)... this looks frikkin amazeballs!

And ive seen a trailer the other day for Star Trek: Picard. Its set in the same timeline as the reboots.
Its not its been stated all along to be direct continuation from the TNG era shows and films thus TOS as well and Discovery....in fact the trailer specifically refers to the events of Nemesis.

Its not its been stated all along to be direct continuation from the TNG era shows and films thus TOS as well and Discovery....in fact the trailer specifically refers to the events of Nemesis.

Your correct as i misread below. But i do like the idea that its the original timeline yet still refers to romulus being destroyed leading for Spock and Nero being sent to the 'Kelvin' timeline.

"The J.J. Abrams-produced Star Trek movies technically take place in an alternate timeline created when Spock and a Romulan mining vessel were pulled into the past from 2387; that date is important, as it's the latest chronological year where we know anything concrete that happened in Star Trek'sPrime timeline, namely, the destruction of Romulus. Producer Alex Kurtzman has hinted the demise of the Romulan Empire will figure heavily into the plot of Picard."

I do confest to not having a great deal of knowledge about TOS and TNG. Before the reboot films and discovery i have only watched the films. And wasnt a fan of Nemesis.

The preview screening reviews for this have been stellar, the comic is highly rated... can't wait to get in from work on Friday and binge the whole thing.

I'm looking forward to the latest series of Doc Martin, Death In Paradise and Shetland. KCET-TV in Los Angeles airs them and several other British shows.

Last edited:
Just finished the first ep of The Boys... really good. Super dark and twisted version of what a 'Justice League'-type team would probably be like in our modern corporate & corrupt world.

Just finished the first ep of The Boys... really good. Super dark and twisted version of what a 'Justice League'-type team would probably be like in our modern corporate & corrupt world.
Glad its good no spoilers...looking forward for this one:D

So just finished The Boys and thought it was great... production values were top notch, sfx were as good as I've seen TV super-heroics, casting was a little off but not deal breaking, pacing and narrative were very good also but it was the social- commentary and pitch-Black twist on the genre which elevates it. Felt very like a teens (2010-2019) companion piece to Watchmen although they aren't at all connected in anything other than some of the themes.

It's fresh in the mind so this 'could' change after the memory fades a little but I'd say it is probably the best Superhero tv show yet... and there have been some more than decent ones over the last 4 or 5 years.

Last edited:
Just started 'Another Life' on Netflix. Seems decent tbh

And just finished New Amsterdam on Prime.

Latest posts