• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Really didn't enjoy Gavin and Stacey to be honest. The interactions just seemed so awkward and fake; Corden's clearly lost a lot of the enthusiasm that made Smithy work.

Yeah, was really looking forward to it, and it was nice to 'check in' with the characters but it felt... 'quickly knocked together' is being kind.

Shame, my memories of the show were on another level!

edit. Saying all that the 'Fairytale in NY' scene will get some airplay over the next 50 or so years, so...

A reviewer said a couple of days ago that if you were a fan you'd like it, but if you weren't you wouldn't be converted. Pretty much sums it up.

Enjoyable enough and some very good moments, but didn't live up to all the hype. The ending was left open, but I hope they leave it there.

I am one of the few who have never been a huge fan of Gavin and Stacey. It had its moments for sure but overall I felt it was hugely overrated. Didn't watch last night's episode, but not surprised at some of criticisms of the one off special. Few comeback specials are any good as far I recall.

Anyone remember the This Life 10 year anniversary special? Loved the original series in the 90s, but the comeback special was frankly awful. Same with Only Fools and horses which should have ended with the "Time on our Hands" episode. But still had to come back and make 3 more post Uncle Albert's death. Some tv series should be left as they are; they've had their time and should know when to leave it. Read Frasier might make a comeback as well. Really hope it doesn't.

Last edited:
Started watching the Witcher. Witcher 3 is my favourite game of all time so I was delighted to hear they'd make a series.

It's good but could have been much better if they left out all the politician shite. Feminism message is very strong in it and half the main characters are African which ruins the aesthetics. Imagine blond haired Europeans playing Zulus. Even Yennefer looks Indian although the actress playing her is good. They also intentionally made the bad guys' (Nilfgaard) uniform look like a shrivelled penis apparently. Utter nonsense.
Cavill is a great choice for the lead role.

I like the way they go back and forth in time. Some the the scenes (Gerailt fighting the monster in the abandoned castle) look great and the fighting is done well. The most stars look great too.

It's worth watching even with all the 'in your face' politican BS.

Just going to say imagine comparing Zulus to Elfs.

tenor.gif

+1 on all the Gavin and Stacey stuff. There was definately a feeling of ticking off a wish list of callbacks. Other than that, I wonder if they were just trying to cram too much in, which is stupid given that they didn't tie up the main loose end and were clearly leaving things open for further episodes.

Anyone seen 'Dont F**k with cats' on netflix? Im on episode 3 now. Its insane.

One episode of the Witcher down,
No idea what's going on but loving it so far
Just finished it and I ******* loved it

Can't wait for the next season!
It's also spurred me on go download Witcher 3, that I've had sitting in my backlog since the summer sales

Just finished it and I ******* loved it

Can't wait for the next season!
It's also spurred me on go download Witcher 3, that I've had sitting in my backlog since the summer sales

If you think the witcher on Netflix was good, you'll love the witcher 3. My all time favourite game though it took me a few hours to get into it.

I'm watching Ozark at the moment. Its good but could be a lot better. It reminds me of breaking bad in some ways but wouldn't be in breaking bad's league.

I enjoyed it the more I watched it. Definitely grew on me. Looking forward to season 3 now.

Almost done with the witcher. Has its flaws but very good overall. Thought the separate timelines could have been handled better early on, but so long as you accept you don't completely know what's going on (I haven't played the games or read the books so might be different for those who have) it's a lot of fun and there's a lot of potential for it to get even better as it goes on.

MV5BMWI0OTJlYTItNzMwZi00YzRiLWJhMjItMWRlMDNhZjNiMzJkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,675,1000_AL_.jpg

Just finished it. Loved it. Seeing Mos Eisley again was amazing. So many good things about this show. It's wonderful to see a Star Wars property handled with love and care.

This is the Way.

MV5BMWI0OTJlYTItNzMwZi00YzRiLWJhMjItMWRlMDNhZjNiMzJkXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,675,1000_AL_.jpg

Just finished it. Loved it. Seeing Mos Eisley again was amazing. So many good things about this show. It's wonderful to see a Star Wars property handled with love and care.

This is the Way.

It's not bad. I'm not a big fan of the recent star wars (watched the first and it was awful though Rogue One was good) but I like the universe. Theres a real wild west west feel to it, a bit like the TV series firefly. I'm half way through the series so far.

The Mandalorian is a good idea for a TV show. He is a bit like a Spartan in space. It has many of the good things about star wars like travelling to different worlds and plenty of action (bit too much imo).

There are plenty of negatives. I like the universe but some of the characters are a bit too silly and clownish. He constantly gets out of impossible situations like Houdini. The episodes are a bit too short and sometimes feel rushed.

The baby Yoda (this is where all the memes have been coming from) gets a bit boring after a while.

Overall it's definitely worth a look and has potential to be very good.

Also finished the Witcher, shared with Van Helsing, The Originals and Merlin.......went two series of The Walking Dead and couldn't take any more.

MV5BY2Y4NzIxOWMtMjFiNi00MmE3LWFlOWUtOGE4ZjI1YjEwMWEyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTkxNjUyNQ@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,675,1000_AL_.jpg

Watched Season 4. It's a good show. Some people swear it's the best thing since sliced bread. However, it is one of the most visually stunning series. It looks absolutely beautiful.

Just watched episode 4 of the Witcher... Good god this series is a mess. Timelines and stories hopping around all over the place, bits of lore central to the storyline discussed in the story but never actually explained. The Witcher has been ok but it's definitely been written for people who have read the books as it makes sweet FA sense to the casual viewer. I had to spend a good 15 minutes googling various things and trying to piece together what it was I just watched. Really REALLY shoddy structure.

Started watching Treadstone last night.

3 episodes in and I'm enjoying it.

This after I watched Ricky Gervais speak some funny truth at the Golden Globes.

Latest posts