• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Soooo good
MV5BMjAzYmQ4NTUtMGVjOS00OWRhLTlmYjktZDlkZTk2OGQ2YjE5XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODkzNTgxMDg_._V1_.0.jpg

Hmm, might give it a go... is it on Prime?
Yup Prime,

I'll put out the caveat its possibly a little heavy on its lore and history its very much a sequel/continuation to TNG and their movies rather than something separate with old characters.

Yup Prime,

I'll put out the caveat its possibly a little heavy on its lore and history its very much a sequel/continuation to TNG and their movies rather than something separate with old characters.
That's cool, I used to love TNG when I was a kid and First Contact is maybe my favourite Trek movie ever... just checked now and it looks like there are only a couple of eps available atm. I might wait until the whole season is out.

edit. I vividly remember my parents and I being devastated when *spoiler* befell Lieutenant Tasha Yar.

Better Call Saul, don't know why it's taken me so long in getting around to it... just finished season 1 and after the disappointment of El Camino, this is brilliant.

Personally struggled with Better Call Saul; I watched the first season and a bit of the second but just couldn't get into it.

Personally struggled with Better Call Saul; I watched the first season and a bit of the second but just couldn't get into it.
I originally tried watching it when season 1 just aired but I couldn't even get through episode 2... but as I said enjoying it a lot more this time. Not saying it's as good as BB but the characters of Mike and Saul/Jimmy are maybe even better in this... for me anyway.

Started watching Sex Education on Netflix a few days ago (saw people going mad over Season 2 being released so thought I'd give it a shot)

About 5 episodes in and really love it

Started watching Sex Education on Netflix a few days ago (saw people going mad over Season 2 being released so thought I'd give it a shot)

About 5 episodes in and really love it
Yeah saw that a few people mentioned it... what kinda show is it?

Yeah saw that a few people mentioned it... what kinda show is it?
Comedy but with some serious bits,
It's about sixth formers, main characters mom is a sex therapist.
It's hard to really explain it without any spoilers but I'm enjoying it/can see why everyone else is so into it.

It's setting is a bit weird - set in modern day England with modern day tech etc. but all the clothes are cars are from the 80s, and the school has a very American feel to it (jocks wearing sports jackets etc.).
Directors said it was because they grew up on/liked the aesthetic of the Breakfast Club era movies.

Comedy but with some serious bits,
It's about sixth formers, main characters mom is a sex therapist.
It's hard to really explain it without any spoilers but I'm enjoying it/can see why everyone else is so into it.

It's setting is a bit weird - set in modern day England with modern day tech etc. but all the clothes are cars are from the 80s, and the school has a very American feel to it (jocks wearing sports jackets etc.).
Directors said it was because they grew up on/liked the aesthetic of the Breakfast Club era movies.

Well that has probably sold me on it... got a few shows on the go atm but might give it a go once I do.

I watch the American version of this show on the National Geographic channel and like it alot. The reinactment segments are shot on location instead of in a sound studio and they're really well done. And that attention to detail is what peaked my interest. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Banged_Up_Abroad

Interesting. it struck me as weird, I'd was assuming that it was an American-centric Netflix influence manifesting itself.

Did you watch Red Oaks (Amazon)? It's not school based, but Sex Education reminded me of it when I started watching it. IMO Red Oaks is very underrated (I guess it didn't get a lot of exposure being tucked away on Prime), although I didn't enjoy the final season as much.

Never heard of it, to be honest, but I'll add it to the list!

Been off work with a stomach bug the last two days, so started watching Bodyguard (finally) and ended up watching every episode back to back. Really really loved it.
Despite it coming out ages ago I managed to avoid any spoilers and the one that I did think I heard (which I thought was a pretty big one) turned out not to be true - so the twists and turns still caught me completely off guard.

Never heard of it, to be honest, but I'll add it to the list!

I probably wouldn't have either if I wasn't determined to get a bit more value out of my Amazon Prime subscription a few years ago. Its a coming of age comedy (the reason it feels so similar to Sex Education) set in a country club (Red Oaks), where the main character works as an assistant tennis pro.

Hope your bug clears up quickly. I spent about two weeks bed bound with a DVT a couple of years ago, for most of the time, I was in too much pain to concentrate on reading, so binge watching kept me sane!

SHUT EYE - A Hulu Original, produced by Gran Via Productions (Breaking Bad, Better Call Saul). It's a program about psyhics and gypsy's in the greater Los Angeles area and the scam$ they run and other crimes they commit to cover up those original crimes. It's a two season, twenty episode series that I'm currently enjoying. :cool: https://www.imdb.com/***le/tt5520392/

Latest posts