• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

What TV Show's are you watching/looking forward to?

Just watched episode 4 of the Witcher... Good god this series is a mess. Timelines and stories hopping around all over the place, bits of lore central to the storyline discussed in the story but never actually explained. The Witcher has been ok but it's definitely been written for people who have read the books as it makes sweet FA sense to the casual viewer. I had to spend a good 15 minutes googling various things and trying to piece together what it was I just watched. Really REALLY shoddy structure.
I enjoyed the series but this 100%.

I resisted the urge to Google stuff and felt it wrapped everything up pretty well by the end - definitely some really confusing parts though, and the timelines thing caught me off guard and took a while to figure out (I thought the lioness was a completely different character for a while, and thought Ciri's mom was Ciri)

MV5BOGE4MmVjMDgtMzIzYy00NjEwLWJlODMtMDI1MGY2ZDlhMzE2XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMzY0MTE3NzU@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,674,1000_AL_.jpg

Finished season 1. I found it boring.

Getting some casting announcements now for Sir Pterry's "The Watch": https://www.thewrap.com/game-of-thr...mericas-terry-pratchett-adaptation-the-watch/
Filming starts September 30th

Richard Dormer is Sam Vimes, a disempowered by a broken society that's reduced his department's jurisdiction to almost nothing
Jo Eaton-Kent is Constable Cheery, a non-binary forensics expert, ostracized by their kin and finding a new home and identity.
Adam Hugill plays Constable Carrot, the idealistic new recruit, raised by dwarfs, but really a human abandoned at birth.
Marama Corlette is the mysterious Corporal Angua who is tasked with Carrot's training and keeping the rookie alive.
Lara Rossi plays the formidable Lady Sybil Ramkin, last scion of Ankh-Morpork's nobility, who's trying to fix the city's wrongs with her chaotic vigilantism.
Sam Adewunmi is the wounded and wronged Carcer Dun, out to hijack destiny itself, take control of the city and exact a terrible revenge on an unjust reality.
View attachment 7367
Fist publicity images...
It's not looking promising:
https://thewertzone.blogspot.com/2020/01/bbc-america-release-first-publicity.html

Just watched the first two episodes of The Outsider... really good so far. Hopefully the eventual denouement will live up to the mystery that is being played out. For all True Detective season 1 fans.

Had a wisdom tooth yanked this morning so I'm holed up in bed feeling sorry for myself - gonna start the Mandalorian

Had a wisdom tooth yanked this morning so I'm holed up in bed feeling sorry for myself - gonna start the Mandalorian
It's good, if a little overhyped imo. Just don't go in expecting what HBO would produce if they got their hand on the property. It does have a couple of high quality eps towards the end of the season though and SPOILER-ALERT is enough to crack even my usually unbreachable cynicism... just so cute.

Yeah, I watched two episodes and I think that's enough for me for today - definitely not grabbed me enough to binge watch the whole thing.
Definitely expected more.

Yeah, I watched two episodes and I think that's enough for me for today - definitely not grabbed me enough to binge watch the whole thing.
Definitely expected more.
It's a bit 'fan-ficcy' but as I said does end quite well. Don't know if you saw one of my earlier posts but the first two eps of The Outsider are exceptional if you're looking for something to watch.

Had to travel to and from Leeds over the weekend for rugby and got through all of Season 2 of Sex Education. If you enjoyed the first season you'll enjoy the second, if you didn't enjoy it then you still won't. Personally really like it.

Had to travel to and from Leeds over the weekend for rugby and got through all of Season 2 of Sex Education. If you enjoyed the first season you'll enjoy the second, if you didn't enjoy it then you still won't. Personally really like it.
Yeah, had a weekend off the beer and got most of it in. Think I've one episode left. Thought this season had a few more laugh out loud moments too, I had to pause after the lad crying in the jacks and Adam's reaction to being hit by a shoe I was laughing so much.

Is going to give me even more very conflicting feeling about Gillian Anderson playing Thatcher in The Crown?

Altered Carbon returns for season 2 on February 27th. Not a lot of people seemed to get into it but I loved it and can't wait.

With that and Locke and Key on February 7th, that's two Netflix shows that month I've been looking forward to for a long time.

Killer Inside: The Aaron Hernandez Story... brilliant documentary mini series. So many facets to the guys story, none of it excusing his actions at all but a lot going on there.

Ray-Donovan-JPEG.jpg

Just finished season 7. It's incredible how good this show is. Love it to bits. But it has to end with season 8 now.

Latest posts