• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which players deserve a Star/impact player status in 2012?

A few Impact players are close to being Star players but just to keep a realistic balance they ended up as Impact players:

ARGENTINA

Star Player(s):
Juan Martin Hernandez

Impact Player(s):
Juan Martin Fernandez Lobbe
Felipe Contepomi

AUSTRALIA

Star Player(s):
David Pocock
Will Genia
James O'Connor

Impact Player(s):
Rocky Elsom
Kurtly Beale
Quade Cooper
Drew Mitchell

ENGLAND

Star Player(s):
Chris Ashton
Ben Foden

Impact Player(s):
Toby Flood
Tom Croft
Ben Youngs
Lewis Moody

FRANCE

Star Player(s):
Imanol Harinordoquy
Thierry Dusautoir
Morgan Parra

Impact Player(s):
Francois Trinh-Duc
Yannick Jauzion
Maxime Medard
Clement Poitrenaud

IRELAND

Star Player(s):
Brian O'Driscoll
Tommy Bowe

Impact Player(s):
Jamie Heaslip
Paul O'Connell
Cian Healy
John Hayes

ITALY

Star Player(s):
-

Impact Player(s):
Sergio Parisse
Martin Castrogiovanni

NEW ZEALAND

Star Player(s):
Richie McCaw
Dan Carter
Mils Muliaina

Impact Player(s):
Brad Thorn
Jerome Kaino
Ma'a Nonu
Sonny Bill Williams
Kieran Read

SCOTLAND

Star Player(s):
John Barclay (If Scotland even deserve a star player)

Impact Player(s):
Alasdair Kellock
Richie Gray
Joe Ansbro
Max Evans

SOUTH AFRICA

Star Player(s):
Bryan Habana
Victor Matfield

Impact Player(s):
Morne Steyn
Juan Smith
Pierre Spies
Jaque Fourie
Jean de Villiers
Schalk Burger

WALES

Star Player(s):
Shane Williams

Impact Player(s):
James Hook
Lee Byrne
Mike Phillips
Sam Warburton

Its probally due criticism but its just my opinion :)

Isn't cooler the idea of different types of star players. like kickers,tacklers(like Madden series). And there is 1 Star Player. All like Madden series (From 08 series)

-IRE
O'Connell
BOD
Heaslip
Sexton
-ENG
Wilkinson
Ashton
Foden
-FRA
Jauzion
Harinordoquy
Medard
Servat
Poutrinaod
-WAL
Hook
Williams
Jones
-SCO
Parks
Evens
-RSA
Steyn
Burger
Habanna
Matfield
-NZ
Muliaina
Hayman
Carter
McCaw
Nonu
-AUS
Genia
O'Connor
Mitchel
Giteau
Cooper
-ITL
Parisse
Castrogiovanni
-ARG
Contepomi
Hernandez
Lobbe

what about Sebeastien Chabal, he's a good impact player...

From England it has to be
Ashton
Foden
Wilkinson and to be fair Flood might be pushing
Youngs
Croft
Lawes
Sheridan

Wales players have to be Shane Williams and Jamie Roberts. Possibly Sam Warburton, Bradley Davies, Leigh Halfpenny, James Hook and Gethin Jenkins. That is probably me being biased because I'm Welsh. Other star players have to be Carter, McCaw, Pocock, Beale, Habana, Matfield, O'Driscoll, Bowe, Dusatoir, Harinordoquy, Parra, Ashton and Croft.

star players

NZ:

Carter
McCaw
Muliaina
Nonu

Impact players:

Sonny Bill Williams
Kaino
Mealamu
Nonu

Aus:

Stars:

Beale
Cooper
Pocock

Impact:

Beale
Turner
ACC
Mitchell

Stars:

SA:

Morne Steyn
Habana
Spies
Matfield

Eng:

Stars:

Ashton
Flood
a lot of new players idk but maybe more stars will emerge after the 6 nations and WC

Impact:

Hape
Wilkinson (if playing :D )

Fiji:

Stars:

Delasau
Nalaga (even though hasn't been in form lately but was still a star)
Qera

Impact:

Rabeni
Matavesi
Lovobalavu
Naqelevuki

Samoa:

Stars:

Alesana Tuilagi
Fotuali'i
Tagicakibau (but he never gets selected)

Impact:

Fotuali'i
Mapusua
Paul Williams
Stowers

Last edited:
ENG_
STARS
Ashton (Will be a Star!)
Foden
Moody
IMPACT
Wilkinson (doesn't play enough to be a star - but can definetly change a game)
Sheridan
Haskell

IRL
STARS
Brian O'Driscoll
Wallace
O'Connell

Impact
Not really sure

WALES
STAR
Shane Williams
Phillips
One of the props or the back row with the bleached hair

IMPACT
Roberts
Ryan Jones
Henson

Not that sure on others

Ireland's Stars are:
Heaslip
Sexton
BOD
Bowe
Impact players would be:
O'Gara
O'Brien
O'Connell
Ferris

But in the game I think players should earn their stars/status, rather than just have one... Maybe start off with the obvious stars in world rugby (like McCaw Matfield BOD Carter etc.), and then let other players gain them after they complete positional achievements, eg. to become a star Second row, you have to steal so many line outs, turn over so many rucks, make so many tackles etc... to become a star Center you have to score so many tries, Break so many tackles, make so many try assists etc... It would make it more interesting I feel.

But in the game I think players should earn their stars/status, rather than just have one... Maybe start off with the obvious stars in world rugby (like McCaw Matfield BOD Carter etc.), and then let other players gain them after they complete positional achievements, eg. to become a star Second row, you have to steal so many line outs, turn over so many rucks, make so many tackles etc... to become a star Center you have to score so many tries, Break so many tackles, make so many try assists etc... It would make it more interesting I feel.

Yeah i'd love to see player growth in some shape or form but with no manager mode it seems unlikely :(

the star player system should be eliminated. This will enable any player you choose to become the best over time. monitor their progress from super rugby to the international team. the rugby players on feild stats achieved will determin their rateing and impact.

I would like to see current player international cap stats and when i play they earn a cap. youll try harder to get the debuetant as much into the game as possible to break records. and to hear the commentators say something like " well i dont know about you but he must be shaking in his boots. Hes just earned his first cap. Lets see how he goes. " that would be cool.

Star players should be
Toby Flood
Chris Ashton
Brian O Driscoll
Dan Carter
JamesHaskell
Chabal
Parra
Habana
Henson
Sexton
O GARA

Star players should be
Toby Flood
Chris Ashton
Brian O Driscoll
Dan Carter
JamesHaskell
Chabal
Parra
Habana
Henson
Sexton
O GARA

In my opinion, Toby Flood is not a star player. I think that Ashton is a candidate. Agree with O'Driscoll and Carter. Don't know much about Haskell. Chabal is more of an impact player. Parra is ok. Habana is overrated. Henson doesn't even make the international team. Sexton is one to watch but he is not quite there yet. Agree with O'Gara. The only Welsh players at the moment that I would consider would be James Hook and Jamie Roberts. What about the Australians?

I wasn't a huge fan of the star system if I'm honest, as long as they get the stats accurate this time it wouldnt matter? And the star system hasnt been used succesfully in any other sport game anyway, so I'd say just scrap it. But if you were to the six nation teams would have the following (in my opinion) my tri nation knowledge is limited at best, which is why i decided not to embarrass myself.
Italy - Castrogiovanni
Wales - Roberts
Scotland - I'm a big fan of richie Gray but really depends on how good of a season he has until he's star status.
England - Ashton, possibly Flood, Sheridan is still one of the best scrummagers in the world too.
France - Parra and trinh duc.

I think there should be double stars for exceptional international players and single stars for exceptional domestic players.

From England, they'd have to be Dan Cole, Ben Youngs and Chris Ashton. Maybe Hartley and Foden. No way Haskell would be two stars, one maybe, but not two.

If we need 2 for each country here is my list:
France: Jauzion et Dusautoir (or harinordoquy)
Ireland: BOD, O'Gara
Italy: Parise, Bergamasco
England: Ashton, Flutey
Wales: Hook, Williams
Scotland: Parks, Lamont
USA: Ngwenya
All Blacks: Carter Mc Caw
Australia:
South Africa: Steyn,Du preez
Argentina: Hernandez, Llobe

Ngwenya should be the fastest player in the game with some pretty good agility to, and since he's a winger that should give him pretty good stats (maybe 80-85) but I would really struggle to see him as a star player

Latest posts