• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Which team in your opinion will have the biggest choke in the RWC.

Leonormous Boozer

Fat Boi
TRF Legend
Country Flag
Ireland
Club or Nation
Leinster
Not in the NZ one match choke sense, but more of an Ireland '07 where they just play s*** every game.

I'm going to say France. I think they will have a very poor World Cup because I don't think their camp will be very happy playing under Lievremont who this year has called them disgrace's, cowards and told them that some of them will never play for France again subsequently dropping Clement Poitrenaud and Aureilian Rougerie, two of the best players in the world. I think the rugby teams world cup could end up quite like their football team last year.

Ireland - they've been talked up so much by their fans anything other than winning and conceding 0 points will be considered a disgrace :p

England unlike with Ieland where if you're watching our only being talked up by a few and everyone else thinks 07 will happen again.

Whereas every England supporter is saying how amazing they are and will win cause of N.Z. choking with everyone else as roadkill.

England unlike with Ieland where if you're watching our only being talked up by a few and everyone else thinks 07 will happen again.

Whereas every England supporter is saying how amazing they are and will win cause of N.Z. choking with everyone else as roadkill.

tumblr_lda5sqqOQw1qddqd3o1_500.gif

lulz.

Ireland's a possible (admittedly so are England), but my money's on Wales...

New Zealand will play ok and make knockout stages but will choke and be knocked out somewhere

Ireland will play bad because we not great down under :D

Wales - Not so much choke but because out of all the tier one nations they are most likely not to go through to the quater finals. Pool of Death with South Africa, Samoa, Fiji and Namibia. If Wales do go through then I put money on them to make it to the finals beating Australia in the semi's. Playing South Africa, Samoa and Fiji in pool stages will only hardened them.

I have to agree about wales, samoa can certainly beat Us as can fiji, we will be lucky To get through in my opinion

Wales - Not so much choke but because out of all the tier one nations they are most likely not to go through to the quater finals. Pool of Death with South Africa, Samoa, Fiji and Namibia. If Wales do go through then I put money on them to make it to the finals beating Australia in the semi's. Playing South Africa, Samoa and Fiji in pool stages will only hardened them.

I guess it is a bit hard to be classed as chokers when everyone's already expecting us to lose :p
Not sure we can beat Australia, especially if they can keep up the form they had on saturday, and remain injury free (that's the big one, the loss to Samoa showed they're a little bit buggered if they lose key players).
Personally I think we have the chance to win the pool, it'll be hard but all depends on that match against South Africa. Not as if we haven't run them very very close recently, we'll just have to wait and see though.

Anythings possible though, if wales play at their best are capable of beating anyone.

England, because I honestly think that Flood is overrated, their centres are poor and Cueto/Foden need to get balls if they want to show their skills. They'll struggle against any side who will be able to challenge their forwards.

**** sake, another thread where everyone ignores the meaning of the word.

Before you choke there must be expectations. People only really expect things from New Zealand, Australia, and maybe the Boks. The NH sides are too inconsistent to be taken seriously so while they may cause an upset here or there, that'll be about it.

For example. 99% of people dont expect Wales to get out of their group, but it wont be because of them choking, it'll be because they are shite. No expectations, no choking.

**** sake, another thread where everyone ignores the meaning of the word.

Before you choke there must be expectations. People only really expect things from New Zealand, Australia, and maybe the Boks. The NH sides are too inconsistent to be taken seriously so while they may cause an upset here or there, that'll be about it.

For example. 99% of people dont expect Wales to get out of their group, but it wont be because of them choking, it'll be because they are shite. No expectations, no choking.

This was my take alright.

Unless Italy can demoralise the Wallaby pack, I reckon it's the Boks who could struggle, what with their narrow gameplan, their 'madman' at the helm, their largely competitive pool, and a strong likelihood of facing one their next-door neighbours in the IRB World Rankings.

You're right Log, so many people mentioning Wales, but who in their right mind is expecting us to do anything? So how can we 'choke'??!

If this is the case shall we discount Scotland than? I can honestly see Georgia giving Scotland a right go, and maybe, just maybe causing the upset of the tournament. The Pumas also need to watch there backs against Georgia, they're an ageing team and to be honest I'd almost rate Italy higher than them now.

I don't think England are going to slip up somehow there by far the strongest side in Pool B. I'd also expect them to beat France in the quarter finals. Semis are well within their reach.

France will make it to the knock-out stages, but only after Japan give them a scare. (Then again it's France, they could easily blow their Pool away.)

Australia will progress from the Pool no doubt. If Ireland beat Italy, they'll take Samoa/Wales/Fiji/South Africa no problem in the quarter finals. I have an awful feeling that Italy will grind out a win against Ireland though. :(

South Africa will top Pool D, but will lose in the quarter finals. Wales, well I'd expect at least one of the Polynesian teams to get a win over them.

I dont think ireland would walk Samoa/Wales/Fiji or South Africa tbh.. Wales can beat em as proved a few times in recent years, SA can beat Ireland and then Samoa and Fiji can push Ireland close and even beat em.

From Wales' group I think it'll be pretty close tbh as everyone can beat everyone (exept mabey Nambia) hopefully with Wales getting 2nd in the group but we'll see..

As for Ireland Imo their fans have way too much confidence, its one thing being confident but they have a air of cockyness tbf, Ireland should get out of their group unless they have a scare from Italy which is very possible (just look at this years 6 Nations) Then the 1/4's is where they're challenge comes.. As i said above.. Personally best performance from Ireland will be Semi's, worst if they cock up against Italy is failing to get out of the pools.

Latest posts