Votes: 29 63.0%
  • France

Votes: 7 15.2%
  • South Africa

Votes: 10 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
France.

We have the stadiums and all the infrastructure in this country + past experience. We've staged the RWC 2007 and Euro 2016 very successfully.

I'd say France for the local coverage... but my heart goes to Ireland. Until South Africa sort out their rugby policies/coaching and quota issues, I won't be supporting them.

After this, there will probably only ever be one more RWC in a (present-day) T1 country. And I doubt the final one will be in any of these 3 countries - probably Argentina.

So this is a tough question. It doesn't feel like asking the other 2 candidates to be patient and wait their turn - more like telling them they will not be hosting the RWC ever. (again)

I'm probably leaning towards Ireland, but they better do it justice and have the whole country buzzing. In case future RWCs only happen in large spread out countries like Argentina, USA, Russia, Brazil, China.

I'd like to see Ireland get it but do they have the infrastructure? Stadia, accommodation, that sort of thing?

If the IRFU manages to get the GAA on board, Ireland by a mile.

If the IRFU manages to get the GAA on board, Ireland by a mile.

They have, stadia is fine, you'll likely have at least 3/4 QF's in Dublin and the Semi's and and Final in Croke Park with the third place job in Lansdowne road, so it'd be a bit of a Dublin World Cup but the group stages will be spread, there's plenty of elite training areas around the country for squads and accommodation won't be much of a problem for travelling fans outside the standard inflated prices. If we get it there won't be an empty seat throughout the competition and the country will go into a rugby frenzy. Definitely better than South Africa which is in turmoil from a sporting point of view and France who held one very recently. Ireland would, in my very impartial opinion, offer the best World Cup by quite a distance.

After this, there will probably only ever be one more RWC in a (present-day) T1 country. And I doubt the final one will be in any of these 3 countries - probably Argentina.

So this is a tough question. It doesn't feel like asking the other 2 candidates to be patient and wait their turn - more like telling them they will not be hosting the RWC ever. (again)

I'm probably leaning towards Ireland, but they better do it justice and have the whole country buzzing. In case future RWCs only happen in large spread out countries like Argentina, USA, Russia, Brazil, China.

I think that is one part we can absolutely guarantee.

Irish people in general are complete event junkies and will go mad for basically any major sporting event. The main problem will be putting up with self-proclaimed experts like the ones that appear whenever McGregor fights or there's a Euro's or WC that Ireland qualify for. If it comes to Ireland the atmosphere will be excellent.

Infrastructure is grand and in addition quite compacted and accessible. You really can't get too far away from Dublin in Ireland and the majority of the main course will be in Dublin. We're fairly easy to get to and I will buy you all a pint given I don't turn out to be a complete and utter underachiever. Actually even if I'm an alcoholic being up for a drink is guaranteed.
We'll just make room for you al by storing undesirables like the Welsh in the giant cattle pens we put annoying yanks who come over for Paddy's day in. (We tell them it's the potato patch Bono sprouted from so they're keen).
Seconded on being event junkies. We brought out 250'000 for the Eucharistic congress around a century ago for Christ's sake. Pope didn't even show! It will be absolutely mental. And don't worry English fans! Not many Russians expected to travel.

Last edited:
i'm just going to avoid this cause in 2023 i'm gonna have to be an adult and that's terrifying

And you all bit to him.........

Tigs Man was presumably messing yeah, but it's an international forum and I'd imagine there's people on here who really would think Ireland is Dublin and fields.

Latest posts