• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Will we know our six playoff teams after this week? Probably Five... Guinness Pro 14 - R.17

Wew lads we have a sellout on our hands in S.A

Pretty dire, compounded by everyone retreating to the top tier of the stadium to shelter for the rain. Tragic for the Dragons to escape a dreary Welsh winter and end up getting soaked. Still, at least they'll be in the history books as the first Pro14 side ever to lose to the Kings.

Connacht had a decent game but lost it at the death. I'd love to hear the opinion of anyone else who watched but I felt the ref blew the game in a fairly despicable fashion at the end. One scrum penalty against Connacht when he'd just declared the scrum over and the ball out and a bullshit call on a completely legal lineout sack.
Cowboy

No one has mentioned it, so I thought I would, congrats to both SA teams for providing the first weekend in Pro 14 where both teams won their matches.

No one has mentioned it, so I thought I would, congrats to both SA teams for providing the first weekend in Pro 14 where both teams won their matches.

I think it might be more of the same next time out. The Kings knocked on when touching down for one try and put an unnecessary foot just in touch when touching down for another. The horrific scoreline flattered the Dragons and it is Benetton next up for the Kings. It's been a long and depressing slog for Deon Davids but hopefully he is now able to move the team forward and get them competitive for next season.

Scarlets have signed an old Englishman as some much needed wing cover (Varnell?). He has a few caps so might do a job for them.

Leinser Rugby (caps in brackets):

15. Dave Kearney (120)
14. Barry Daly (21)
13. Rory O'Loughlin (35)
12. Noel Reid (96)
11. James Lowe (7)
10. Ross Byrne (43)
9. Nick McCarthy (20)
1. Ed Byrne (20)
2. Bryan Byrne (24)
3. Michael Bent (102)
4. Ross Molony (58)
5. Scott Fardy (15)
6. Josh Murphy (6)
7. Seán O'Brien (114) CAPTAIN
8. Jack Conan (67)

16. James Tracy (56)
17. Peter Dooley (45)
18. Adam Coyle (1)
19. Mick Kearney (31)
20. Max Deegan (14)
21. Charlie Rock (1)
22. Ciarán Frawley (2)
23. Adam Byrne (33)

SOB is back. Oooooh

Way happier with that Leinster team than expected. However I might have actually started Frawley at 10 over Reid, has impressed so far. Although I wouldn't mind if Reid got back to his Noel "the Wall" Reid defence of last year.

Arguably the second most important match after the final and its rescheduled and, as stated above, between reserve lineups. A pity.

If the league must have these games during international windows (and on reflection due to the international schedule I think they do) they should stack the most uncompetitive fixtures at this time (based on last years finishing places). So Leinster vs Dragons etc. Putting critical fixtures in these parts of the calendar is a bit tragic.

Regardless, this is a humungous game in the context of the season. If Leinster win they get a bye week, home advantage in the whole playoffs and one hand on the trophy.

It's a testimant to both sides that even their reserves will put on a good show.

15. Dave Kearney (120)
14. Barry Daly (21)
13. Rory O'Loughlin (35)
12. Noel Reid (96)
11. James Lowe (7)
10. Ross Byrne (43)
9. Nick McCarthy (20)
1. Ed Byrne (20)
2. Bryan Byrne (24)
3. Michael Bent (102)
4. Ross Molony (58)
5. Scott Fardy (15)
6. Josh Murphy (6)
7. Seán O'Brien (114) CAPTAIN
8. Jack Conan (67)

16. James Tracy (56)
17. Peter Dooley (45)
18. Adam Coyle (1)
19. Mick Kearney (31)
20. Max Deegan (14)
21. Charlie Rock (1)
22. Ciarán Frawley (2)
23. Adam Byrne (33)

Big swing in Leinster's favour as Scarlets lose theirs to a Wales debut and Leinster get a player with five lions caps in in that exact same position.

Interesting to see Bryan Byrne picked ahead of James Treacy. I know injury may be playing a part but is it possible that Byrne is being considered for the 16 shirt for Saracens?

Well 0-0 at half time , must say I didn't expect that , not the most engrossing game but weather doesn't help , shame tom lost control of the ball at the death there , really could of done with that score !

Pretty forgettable game so far. Leinster have had the most pressure but Scarlets had the best chance. SOB going off was a massive blow both in the context of the game and in terms of him being involved against England. The attendance is very disappointing to be honest even given the mitigating factors.

Leinster's set piece edge could decide the game as could one try. Hopefully there might be a bit more entertainment in the second half.

Pretty forgettable game so far. Leinster have had the most pressure but Scarlets had the best chance. SOB going off was a massive blow both in the context of the game and in terms of him being involved against England. The attendance is very disappointing to be honest even given the mitigating factors.

Leinster's set piece edge could decide the game as could one try. Hopefully there might be a bit more entertainment in the second half.
Hope Sean O'Brien recovers fast. Was rumours his injuries are close to ending him. Don't think it that bad but rotten luck

Latest posts