• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Round 17

Sums Cardiff up atm. Can look excellent in places, but too easily hand possession and momentum back to the opposition after scoring.

Yesterday they scored some excellent try's, but couldn't secure the ball from the next restart and Munster score right back! Faffing around at the breakdown also gave Munster countless opportunities to counter ruck and turn the ball over. Unacceptable at this level.

So despite playing quite well, they still shipped almost 50! Not going to win anything like that.

Must say @Groundhog you saw our worst patch. The game as a whole was success. We delivered hugely on expanding game.
Mike Haley and Tom Ahern were magnificent

Sums Cardiff up atm. Can look excellent in places, but too easily hand possession and momentum back to the opposition after scoring.

Yesterday they scored some excellent try's, but couldn't secure the ball from the next restart and Munster score right back! Faffing around at the breakdown also gave Munster countless opportunities to counter ruck and turn the ball over. Unacceptable at this level.

So despite playing quite well, they still shipped almost 50! Not going to win anything like that.
Yeah, our defence coach must be concerned for his job given the average points against since the cancelled SA trip. I think everyone has known for a number of seasons that Cardiff are lacking power in the pack and have largely made up for it year on year with a back row that is fast, wins turnovers and then a fast wide game. With injuries in the backline this season and just a lack of consistency in the schedule, it's been a really disappointing year. I still trust in Dai Young, but equally I wonder if he's looking to make some mass changes in the squad and it's not a secret in the dressing room.

We are in desperate need of a high quality hooker, a powerful second row and a decent tight head to cover when Arhip isn't around as Dilon just seems to give away so many penalties at the scrum. There are some potential centres coming through in Llewleyn and Grady as well but with Halaholo and Lee-lo not around a lot this year it's been disruptive.

Class from Thornbury.

Edit: dreadful box kicking though. Sharks had a few kicks charged down vs us as well.

Watched it back there. Think it's fair to say the scoreline doesn't reflect how good Cardiff were at times, but we were value for our scores. We played some really nice stuff at times. Defended quite poorly for the first quarter of the match though. They best the gainline with ease. Nash in particular had some good touches but his defence is so suspect. What a game from Haley. He's been class this year. Casey is a special player in his day too. Great showings from Kendellen and Ahern. Both tens strong as well.

Couple of big minutes for Blade, hope he can keep going.

Connacht good value for their lead so far but always waiting for the switch to go off with them.

*watches people watching a Connacht match while the X Files theme plays in his head*

Come on Zebre. One win. That's all I'm asking. Level with 15 to go.

Can't watch it the uk. Don't know what Premier Sports are playing at
:x

Man, how did I miss the weird DHL branded cheerleaders in other games?

Edit: They gave Kitshoff a mini version of himself as a mascot!

Has there been a lot of rain prematch? Seems to have been an especially high number of slips.

They'll probably get on top as Leinster tire, but Stormers have really been very poor so far. Leinster being pretty tenacious and managing the game well, but Stormers' discipline is poor.

Incredibly poor first half from the Stormers. Some poor knock ons under limited pressure, continued issues at lineout time and just not converting entries into the 22 into points. Need to wake up in the second half. Hoping they follow the trend of all the other SA teams this weekend.

Great tackle from Russell, looks in touch to me.

Murphy good for one of those drops a game at least.

Latest posts