• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Wimbledon

H

Hazey

Hey all,

Can't believe there hasn't been a thread about Wimbledon 2007 yet. Typing this about 4 hours after Tiger Henman was knocked out, was a shame after he fought back so well in the 3rd and 4th sets, but I have to believe that even if he has won the game today, he was living on borrowed time until he met Federer in two rounds time.

So, discussion about anything green and white here below...

Thanks,

Hazey

Tatiana Golovin's underwear causing a stir.
Sharapova still in.

I'm a happy boy.

Oh, it's "knickers" as far as the British Press are concerned. And trust me, her "knickers" are just short shorts. Still...sexy!

Oh, and Tim's out, thankfully.
At least the press will stop talking about him sooner than usual this year.

Ah, but being as there are no "British" entries left (funny how we're all "British" when it's only Tennis or Formula 1), the press won;t talk about it at all.

And BBC will still shove it down everyones throats.

I glad that 'Tiger' Tim is out, just because of BBC's over expectations of him every year & the F**king crowd chanting 'Come on Tim' every time he does a scores a point. :wall: :wall:

Oh...Tatiana Golovin's has been causing a stir because she wore red knickers (shorts). Apparently as long as those knickers (shorts) are shorter than the skirt, they can wear any colour.

I don't think anyone will stop Federer this year (again).

maybe its just me but i dont think sharapova is hot, i think shes one of those super sized russian amazons.. me an shane williams could probably climb inside her massive womb.

maybe its just me but i dont think sharapova is hot... [/b]

I have found a few pictures to show why I disagree with you...

Maria%20Sharapova.jpg

Maria_Sharapova.jpg

sharapova1.jpg

sharapova.jpg

That confirms it, DCs gay.

*rushes off to toilet with Sharapova pics*

*returns, slightly flustered*

Anyway, is this tournament even still on?? Funny how the press got quiet once Henman was knocked out.

Yes it is, but it's bloody boring because it seems to be raining 90% of the time, and when they do play, it rains again just when it gets interesting.

On a second note, I saw the Venus Williams game today against a Russian girl - I'm not against grunting, but I am against screaming like you are giving birth whilst having your fingernails ripped out like Venus does, it must have terrorised the hell out of her poor opponent.

On a second note, I saw the Venus Williams game today against a Russian girl - I'm not against grunting, but I am against screaming like you are giving birth whilst having your fingernails ripped out like Venus does, it must have terrorised the hell out of her poor opponent. [/b]

Yeah, those arguments have gone on since the beginning of the Williams' sisters' career begun.

I realise that, and I've watched both of them playing tennis for the last 10 years or so (my family are big tennis fans), but it has never been that loud or... erm.... gut-wrenching.

Seriously, I mean, there is effort, and then there is that.

It's ridiculous. But what i find worse is that (2 years ago in wimbledon, i think) Sharapova was getting criticised heavily for it. And i saw it in more papers and more interviewers were on her case than i've seen on either of the Williams girls.
I didn't think Sharapova screeched half as loudly.

I find it mildly erotic when Sharapova makes those grunts and moans of hers. She's also not that bad when playing Tennis...

Well I'm glad that we haven't decended to making jokes about the sexual inuendo's found when discussing the noises made by female tennis players at Wimbledon.

I find it mildly erotic when Sharapova makes those grunts and moans of hers. She's also not that bad when playing Tennis... [/b]

Oh wait... :rolleyes:

:p

I agree with what you're saying Cymru, and many people feel that it should be ruled out of the game entirely as 'unsportsmanlike', mainly because if Roger Federer doesn't need to grunt, who does...?

Just like any other international sport event (except for Soccer Championships), it only gets attention here because a Belgian (here too: funny how we only say Belgian when someone is from 'la Wallonie' but Flemish when anyone is from Flanders) is doing good.
I don't watch it except when it happens to be on and I'm actually watching television (which doesn't happen too often). What I hear from it on the radio is that 'games were paused due to rain'.

If London is having as much rain as we are, they'll be swimming sooner that playing tennis.

On the grunting, I sometimes make fun of it when squashing, but other than that, it can be embarrassing when you're watching tennis.

Just like any other international sport event (except for Soccer Championships), it only gets attention here because a Belgian (here too: funny how we only say Belgian when someone is from 'la Wallonie' but Flemish when anyone is from Flanders) is doing good.[/b]

Just like it is in France then... <_<

If London is having as much rain as we are, they'll be swimming sooner that playing tennis.[/b]

Believe me, compared to the North of England, London is getting off lightly...

Wimbledon:

_1828318_wimbledon300.jpg

North of England:

PH2007062600233.jpg

Watched the end of Serena Williams match earlier on, She fell over with cramp & soon after she carried on, the game was suspended as it started raining.
I know you can get cramp badly, but I feel she was milking it, big time. She limped on & conveniently it started to rain & the game got suspended.

Jeez, I didn't hear about that, what was the score at the time? Are they still continuing the match tomorrow?

Serena won the game in the end.
They came back out after the break (which was about 2 hours) and Serena was heavily strapped up on the calf and probably juiced up to her eyeballs in pain killers.
She took the game comfortably in the end.

_42454448_will_getty_270.jpg

:wall: