• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Cup Qualifiers

problem is throughout the campaign when we've scored early we sit back too much and since we're not as strong defensively as we should be we inevitably end up conceding. Even dealing with that miss kick we looked very nervous.

Your defenders look a tad bit small indeed. :mellow:

And that might be a problem with il signore Iaquinta roaming around the park.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juan VdS @ Oct 10 2009, 08:25 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Your defenders look a tad bit small indeed. :mellow:

And that might be a problem with il signore Iaquinta roaming around the park.[/b]

if Iaquinta is posing our defenders problems then we really are screwed.

Damn, these Argentinians that relocate in Italy... happens in all sports. Imagine what would've happened if Sergio Parisse and Gonzalo Canale would've played for Los Pumas. The same goes for Mauro Camoranesi.

And while we're at it... Camo scored. 1-1.

was coming in fairness, marking was appalling. Strong header, Given no chance despite getting a hand to it.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juan VdS @ Oct 10 2009, 08:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Damn, these Argentinians that relocate in Italy... happens in all sports. Imagine what would've happened if Sergio Parisse and Gonzalo Canale would've played for Los Pumas. The same goes for Mauro Camoranesi.

And while we're at it... Camo scored. 1-1.[/b]

frightening prospect in fairness, Dominguez was another.

There's the quality set piece delivery I was talking about. :wall:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 10 2009, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
was coming in fairness, marking was appalling. Strong header, Given no chance despite getting a hand to it.[/b]

Absolutely true. Let's hope the boys in green will hold up; at the moment Italy's defense isn't looking good either.

Note: Camoranesi is 174 cm tall. :huh:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juan VdS @ Oct 10 2009, 08:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 10 2009, 04:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
was coming in fairness, marking was appalling. Strong header, Given no chance despite getting a hand to it.[/b]

Absolutely true. Let's hope the boys in green will hold up; at the moment Italy's defense isn't looking good either.

Note: Camoranesi is 174 cm. :huh:
[/b][/quote]

we lost Folan though to injury and he's our only real aerial threat.

Ireland must stop Zambrotta, Pirlo and Camoranesi. If these guys get their game together, there will be trouble.

Marking very well on the wings at the moment. Giovanni Trapattoni was a huge addition to your team. We'd need someone like him to replace <strike>the snorter</strike> Maradona.

Good run by Di Natale.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juan VdS @ Oct 11 2009, 06:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
I am really liking the way Ireland is playing right now. They're exerting pressure in the Italian midfield, and passing the ball a lot. Let's see if they can cope up with the bruising Italians.

Oh and Croke Park is such a wonderful stadium. The grass is perfect. I can barely distinguish the Irish players. :p

Jethro: Argentina was supposed to play the All Whites (!) months ago. Over here we were told Frank van Hattum didn't want to play an away game in Argentina -- which I believe is an utter fallacy. Do you know what really happened?[/b]

No idea Juan, though the kiwis would have been up for playing Argentina I'm sure. Currently in Australia, coverage of kiwi soccer is pretty much not happening here :) Actually need more coffee, early morning here and am still half asleep. Will try and find out what happened re - Argentina.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juan VdS @ Oct 10 2009, 08:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Ireland must stop Zambrotta, Pirlo and Camoranesi. If these guys get their game together, there will be trouble.

Marking very well on the wings at the moment. Giovanni Trapattoni was a huge addition to your team. We'd need someone like him to replace <strike>the snorter</strike> Maradona.

Good run by Di Natale.[/b]

not sure if you'd appreciate his defensive attitude, although maybe that would change given that Argentinian attacking options are slightly better than the Irish ones. :p

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Jethro @ Oct 10 2009, 04:40 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juan VdS @ Oct 11 2009, 06:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am really liking the way Ireland is playing right now. They're exerting pressure in the Italian midfield, and passing the ball a lot. Let's see if they can cope up with the bruising Italians.

Oh and Croke Park is such a wonderful stadium. The grass is perfect. I can barely distinguish the Irish players. :p

Jethro: Argentina was supposed to play the All Whites (!) months ago. Over here we were told Frank van Hattum didn't want to play an away game in Argentina -- which I believe is an utter fallacy. Do you know what really happened?[/b]

No idea Juan, though the kiwis would have been up for playing Argentina I'm sure. Currently in Australia, coverage of kiwi soccer is pretty much not happening here :) Actually need more coffee, early morning here and am still half asleep. Will try and find out what happened re - Argentina.
[/b][/quote]

Thanks man. I do think there was something fishy in there, as the match had been announced over here and I even drove up to the stadium to get my tickets... when the attendant told me there was no match. :)huh:?!)

Side note: The Spanish commentator just said: "Ronan O'Gara should be playing #10 for Ireland". :lol:

Originally posted by An Tarbh
not sure if you'd appreciate his defensive attitude, although maybe that would change given that Argentinian attacking options are slightly better than the Irish ones. :p

Just so. :p

We have the defenders, we have the attackers, the playmakers, the strikers... but we don't have the goals. :D

think that was a tad over ambitious from Pirlo there.

Elsewhere some crucial goals, Serbia are currently 2-0 up which will secure their place in South Africa, Denmark also are on course for automatic qualification leading 1-0 against Sweden. Slovenia are leading Slovakia and with San Marino still to come could well top that group and eliminate the Czechs and Poles in the process. Greece and Latvia's battle for the runner up spot in Group 2 see's the Greeks leading 3-2 after an hour.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 10 2009, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>

Elsewhere some crucial goals, Serbia are currently 2-0 up which will secure their place in South Africa, Denmark also are on course for automatic qualification leading 1-0 against Sweden. Slovenia are leading Slovakia and with San Marino still to come could well top that group and eliminate the Czechs and Poles in the process. Greece and Latvia's battle for the runner up spot in Group 2 see's the Greeks leading 3-2 after an hour.[/b]

Wow, two shockers. I had expected Sweden to thrash Denmark.

Greece v Latvia sounds like a tight game... I am confident the Greek will come through though.

Anyway, I'm gone. 2 hours left for the game! Wish me luck guys. And good luck derailing Italy!

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Juan VdS @ Oct 10 2009, 08:58 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (An Tarbh @ Oct 10 2009, 04:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Elsewhere some crucial goals, Serbia are currently 2-0 up which will secure their place in South Africa, Denmark also are on course for automatic qualification leading 1-0 against Sweden. Slovenia are leading Slovakia and with San Marino still to come could well top that group and eliminate the Czechs and Poles in the process. Greece and Latvia's battle for the runner up spot in Group 2 see's the Greeks leading 3-2 after an hour.[/b]

Wow, two shockers. I had expected Sweden to thrash Denmark.

Greece v Latvia sounds like a tight game... I am confident the Greek will come through though.

Anyway, I'm gone. 2 hours left for the game! Wish me luck guys. And good luck derailing Italy!
[/b][/quote]

good luck mate, wouldn't be a world cup with Argentina.

big result for Slovenia getting the win in Bratislava, if the Poles can do them a favour on Wednesday they'll be back at the world cup for the first time since 2002.

Greece also look set for a play-off having finished off Latvia 5-2 and with Luxembourg to come at home on Wednesday shouldn't have any problems regardless of the Latvian result against Moldova.

Serbia have emphatically booked their automatic spot with a 5-0 win over Romania. France are 3-0 up and look well set for a playoff spot.

well at least we've guaranteed a play-off, would have snapped your hand off if you'd offered me that at the beginning of the campaign, just a shame now that FIFA have been so devious.

hard luck for Ireland, really excited to hopefully (fingers crossed) see them at the world cup so i can have somone to support when England crash out in the group stage. Also i would finally have an excuse to wear my Ireland shirt

Latest posts