• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

World Cup Qualifiers

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (St Helens RLFC @ Nov 15 2009, 04:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Agreed An Tarbh, I can see the French just pinging Ireland on the break.[/b]

don't think we'll be caught on the break as we defend far too deep as a team but they'll certainly cut us open like they did last night by playing to feet against our central defence and feeding off that.

Still no news on the rights for this game. The FFF really are cutting off their nose to spite their face with their stance on this. It truly is pathetic that they're so ****** off with the FAI for selling the rights to M6 for the first leg that they're willing to forego the money they'd take in in rights for the return leg. It's not even a case of *** for tat as it wasn't RTÉ who sold the rights to M6.

The one thing I wonder though will the antics of the FFF hit their bid for Euro 2016.

good news at last RTÉ have managed to secure the rights for the second leg, don't yet know whether the match will be on Sky Sports though, nothing about that in the Irish Times article. Still though at least the match is available here.

Ireland up by 1 in France. 50 minutes gone now.

1 all on aggregrate.

One more away goal and we have the arrogant so&sos

Robbie Keane is a beautiful beautiful man.

And I take back any mean thing I've ever said about Keith Andrews

Match should be replayed, that goal should have never happened... we don't deserve to qualify, Ireland does.

Dear France,

congrats on being the most undeserving country ever to make a world cup. Ignoring the fact that FIFA decided to Seed rankings because it was looking like ye wouldn't get through. A deflection and a hand of god.

French Rugby; Honest hard working and skillful
French Soccer; a bunch of over hyped primadonna's without pride or passion BUT with the system on their side.

IRB look and learn from the mistakes of FIFA

Made me feel sick, and i don't even support Ireland.

I will never, ever be able to look at Henry without an overriding feeling of disgust. What a disgrace. Absolute disgrace.

Scandalous is the word, all irrelevant whingeing about it now but f*** it we won't hear the end of this till the new Year.

I accept the point that Beglin made in commentary that were the situations reversed we would have gladly accepted it, still scant consolation.

Thing is we should have been 4-1 up heading to Paris and we had a couple of great chances in the second half and extra time to kill them off.

One thing though France, you're welcome to Domenech :lol: :lol: :lol:

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (noidsay @ Nov 18 2009, 11:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Dear France,

congrats on being the most undeserving country ever to make a world cup. Ignoring the fact that FIFA decided to Seed rankings because it was looking like ye wouldn't get through. A deflection and a hand of god.

French Rugby; Honest hard working and skillful
French Soccer; a bunch of over hyped primadonna's without pride or passion BUT with the system on their side.

IRB look and learn from the mistakes of FIFA[/b]

Dear Ireland : the French played like a bunch of f***tards tonight,apart from our goalkeeper. The goal that qualifies us to the world cup, and disqualifies you is an absolute scandal and will be remembered as such for a long long time.

I hope rugby will never become as stupid a sport.

I feel for Ireland there. Thankfully we'll never hear "Maradona ha ha ha" again any time soon, but all bitterness about that aside, it's scandalous, absolutely scandalous, that he got away with that. That he had the cheek to celebrate makes it even worse. Ireland deserved to go through, they really did.

I know people have been harping on about this for ages but why can't they have video referees in football? Would it have been that hard for the ref to radio in saying 'is there any reason why I can't award a goal?' Clearly, from the reaction of the Irish, there was something amiss. FIFA rabbit on about slowing down the game buy does it REALLY slow down a rugby game? No.

Thierry Henry - I used to respect you but that was disgraceful. I expected more of you. Saying that you DID used to play for Arsenal.....

Last friday when France beat South Africa I was proud, now I'm very ashamed. So sorry for Ireland, they deserved to play the WC... great first half, great spirit. France is not even a football team (except that freaking goalkeeper) and Henry has a good chance to be drafted in NBA next year.

And now all the irish referees will make us pay in Heineken Cup et 6 Nations. Amazing !

What happened? Vidlink please.

Haven't been interested by diveball lately, but this sounds tasty - like Simon Cowell and Jedward. Circus freaks.

Just shows how far soccer is behind like lads even respect for Ref's in rugby is something to saviour.

As for Henry you really have destroyed your legacy has been destroyed like what good is it winning if it not fair and square,
As for Trap and Co the country salutes you :bravo:

Latest posts