• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

yoe91's World XV

:lol:

Aww God I'm too tempted...and I haven't thought about it in a WHILE...here goes:

1 - Beast (South Africa)
2 - Stephen Moore (Australia)
3 - Mas (France)
4 - Etzebeth (South Africa)
5 - Retallick (New Zealand)
6 - Alberts (South Africa)
7 - Hooper (Australia)
8 - Reade (New Zealand)
9 - M.Philips (Wales)
10 - Jonny Sexton (Ireland)
11 - North (Wales)
12 - Manu Tuilagi (England)
13 - Fofana (France)
14 - Savea (New Zealand)
15 - Folau (Australia)

Given your obsession with mass it begs the question: does Mas have enough mass? :p

I'm not convinced about Tuilagi at 12, though I do agree there is a need for a powerful straight running midfielder in the modern game. The best two midfielders in the game at the moment in my opinion are Fofana and Conrad Smith, but I'm not sure how they would go as a combination. However if you had North and Savea on the wings you would have no shortage of direct ball running options in the midfield if required! Ben Smith deserves to be in the side at fullback (or even on the wing) as he is a God.

In terms of locks personally I think Sam Whitelock is the premier lock in world rugby, though Retallick and Etzebeth are not far behind (and I'm sure there are a few handy locks in the NH too...).

Given your obsession with mass it begs the question: does Mas have enough mass? :p
God....you know, I was waiting for someone annoying enough to make that one already for a WHILE ?! :D

I'm not convinced about Tuilagi at 12, though I do agree there is a need for a powerful straight running midfielder in the modern game. The best two midfielders in the game at the moment in my opinion are Fofana and Conrad Smith, but I'm not sure how they would go as a combination. However if you had North and Savea on the wings you would have no shortage of direct ball running options in the midfield if required! Ben Smith deserves to be in the side at fullback (or even on the wing) as he is a God.
Yeh I suppose Ben Smith deserves a spot there...some times great players don't appear because we have to keep positions into account and that player never finds a good fit.

In terms of locks personally I think Sam Whitelock is the premier lock in world rugby, though Retallick and Etzebeth are not far behind (and I'm sure there are a few handy locks in the NH too...).
Yeah. English fans would say Launchbury, the Irish will mention their eternal Paul O'Connell, the Welsh AWJ and I'd say Papé deserves a mention and Vahaamahina has potential for greatness.

answered in not bold.

My left nut would make a good replacement for Moore. More likely to hook in the scrum, better looking AND it has more hair too.

You my friend have just earned yourself a private audience with Captain Disco Dangle.

Off bridges, never had a better stream!

my thread, my precious thread...what have you vulgar dwarves done to my thread, it was all about me me ME !! :cryy:

Sexton wouldn't get near a world XV. His goal kicking is pretty good, but not good enough for the best (i'm still hurting after that simple miss to finish NZ). Pienaar is a better player. The only Irish player who walks into a world XV is Sean O'Brien.

Sexton wouldn't get near a world XV. His goal kicking is pretty good, but not good enough for the best (i'm still hurting after that simple miss to finish NZ). Pienaar is a better player. The only Irish player who walks into a world XV is Sean O'Brien.

One miss doesn't make him a bad goal kicker, he usually kicks over 80% which is pretty good. Anyway in no way is Pienaar anywhere near Sexton as an actual 10.

nah I'm keeping Sexton at my 10. It's not very typically French, but I'm going for the fundamentally sound, strong no.10 with excellent in-game and penalty kicking. Not the most attack-minded, but I'll take it.

- Philips I'll change but still dunno who I want.
- Beast I'll change for Healy. Better all-around besides scrum. So that's another Irishman who makes it.
- I dunno about the other flanker: Michael Hooper was fantastic this year for the worst Wallaby year in history, and though he lacks pure girth his workrate and athleticism are just fantastic, and Alberts is enough pure mass/power on the other flank. SOB on the bench perhaps...not sure, I really like em both a lot on my W XV. Not sure who gets the starting role.

Too many fabulous players in the world to give a perfectly, air-tight objectively objective XV...even for Reade, the very official player of the year, I wouldn't call a user coocoo for putting Picamoles or perhaps B.Vunipola in his stead...
Etzebeth not being in either lock spot on someone's XV is completely acceptable for e.g. So many great players atm.
You'd imagine Fofana has a sure spot on a World XV if not as 12, then 13. Again, not an outrage if somebody goes JDV-Ben Smith...

Sexton is attack minded...just cause he's not always doing crazy flicks doesn't mean he isn't. He can play a defensive style but he himself prefers playing attacking rugby.

Sexton is attack minded...just cause he's not always doing crazy flicks doesn't mean he isn't. He can play a defensive style but he himself prefers playing attacking rugby.

ehh...yeah, come one. There's more attack-minded out there :p

ehh...yeah, come one. There's more attack-minded out there :p

Which has nothing to do with Sexton's own attack mindedness...

That's a stupid way to look at it imo. He just because he's not doing stupid stuff behind his own goal line like Cooper doesn't mean he's not attack minded. He runs from his own 22 when it's on he will take quick taps when he thinks it's on. He is attack minded just because some are more so doesn't mean he isn't.

To put my logic in other terms PO'C is a big guy, there's a number of guys who are bigger this doesn't mean he's not a big guy.

Sean O'Brien dismantled NZ singlehandedly. He ain't just in a world XV, he's the captain.

Anyone that picks Tuilagi doesn't deserve debating (hence won't).

That's a stupid way to look at it imo. He just because he's not doing stupid stuff behind his own goal line like Cooper doesn't mean he's not attack minded. He runs from his own 22 when it's on he will take quick taps when he thinks it's on. He is attack minded just because some are more so doesn't mean he isn't.

To put my logic in other terms PO'C is a big guy, there's a number of guys who are bigger this doesn't mean he's not a big guy.

ah, I see ! :lol: cute post.
Now if you would attempt to understand MY logic...what was implied in my statement up there wasn't to be taken at face value. It's something of a litotes, you see. It's just a rhetorical figure, what I'm really saying isn't "there are more attack-minded 10's out there", between the lines I'm really saying "well Sexton isn't all that attack-minded, really". You understand now, gib bimber ?
hmmm...

You should've learnt by now: The only players who have ever thought about being even slightly attacking, in the NH, are the French.
Everyone else is just terrible, never scored a try apart from through pure luck, and just like the kick.

This rugby lesson brought to you by Big "doesn't watch rugby" Ewis.

ah, I see ! :lol: cute post.
Now if you would attempt to understand MY logic...what was implied in my statement up there wasn't to be taken at face value. It's something of a litotes, you see. It's just a rhetorical figure, what I'm really saying isn't "there are more attack-minded 10's out there", between the lines I'm really saying "well Sexton isn't all that attack-minded, really". You understand now, gib bimber ?
hmmm...

Yes hmmm well you're wrong so....

There's not much point in posting anything really as even when presented with an unarguable case you argue it and don't change your opinion. Sexton is an attack minded player and has always looked more comfortable in an attacking gameplan even though he has the skill to play more conservatively.

Actions like these ones show someone who is always looking for oppurtunities to get tries i.e. an attacking mindset.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/qBBMTvmzG6o" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Pkyq_u08w7Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

As this one shows he is always turned on supporting his players looking for the offload to make the break.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/8hzHmRrwgg0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

You should've learnt by now: The only players who have ever thought about being even slightly attacking, in the NH, are the French.
Everyone else is just terrible, never scored a try apart from through pure luck, and just like the kick.

I know maybe it's because it's Valentines Day but "I think I can change him." :D

Last edited:

:lol: wow, Olyy I find you particularly virulent these past few weeks. Just....wow ! Take it easy there pal, health is important.

big ginger: yeh I know he can be pretty good, I've seen some nice plays from him too. He just doesn't come to my mind as a particularly attack-minded 10. He's not exactly the paradigm of the attacking 10 in my mind, but lol, you can go apeshhit and throw incredible accusations my way with the most idiotically aggressive tone, or just calmly explain to me I'm wrong. But aaaaaah ! I know you by now ! You're going with the first one, arencha !

Sean O'Brien dismantled NZ singlehandedly. He ain't just in a world XV, he's the captain.

Anyone that picks Tuilagi doesn't deserve debating (hence won't).

By that rationale Tuilagi is captain as he dismantled NZ on his own and not as a heroic loser. A fit Pocock is the best 7 out there imo, and after that McCaw. Opinion is exctly that, opinion.

By that rationale Tuilagi is captain as he dismantled NZ on his own and not as a heroic loser. A fit Pocock is the best 7 out there imo, and after that McCaw. Opinion is exctly that, opinion.

"Opinion is like an a$shole. Everybody's got one".

A real attack minded standoff will have mass. Andy Goode is therefore the greatest ever, for even more reasons.

Latest posts