• Help Support The Rugby Forum :

Your Country's Team for the 2015 World Cup

3. Cole
9. Youngs

And ofcourse Shaw is going for another WC ;)

Hugo Ellis (aint seen much of him but heard hes alright)
3_147442s.jpg

Shaw is omnipresent...if he retires he'll become more powerful than you can possibly imagine

Don't forget Toeava and SBW, they're both still only 25

Also, can somebody tell me how Savea did in his maiden Super Rugby season?

I can't imagine Sonny Bill will still be in NZ or even playing Rugby in 2015

Toeava is a pretty special player, but IMO his best position is 15 and I dont think he has the same potential as Israel Dagg who's a freak and at about 22 years old now he looks the natural player to take over from Mills. Plus he's an ongoing injury issue too which sucks big time.

Savea had a pretty shakey first super season but at times he did display hints of the tallent that got him there and still has a huge amount of potnatial. Time will tell, wing is hard to secure though with a freakish amount of tallent coming through.

1. Benn Robbinson
2. Saia Faingaa/Nathan Charles
3. James Slipper
4. Rob Simmons
5. Sitaleki Timani
6. Scott Higgenbotham
7. David Pocock (c)
8. Ben McCalman
9. Will Genia
10. Quade Cooper
11. Digby Ioane
12. James O'Connor
13. Rob Horne
14. Rod Davies
15. Kurtley Beale

All this is a pretty pointless excercise. If you had asked this question before the 07 WC, you wouldn't have picked guys like O'Connor (16), Beale (18), Cooper, Genia (19). Right now we don't know what players from the U20s will step up into super rugby and then the Wallabies in the next 2-3 years.

1, Toby Smith
2, Hika Elliot
3, Owen Franks
4, Anthony Boric
5, Sam Whitelock
6, Kieran Read (C)
7, Sam Cane
8, Victor Vito
9, Perenara
10, Colin Slade
11, Dagg
12, Daniel Carter
13, Robbie Freuan
14, Rene Ranger
15, Toeava

All guess work really. Form, injuries, player development and players going overseas will probably result in a completely different team.

Andries Pretorius does more unseen work in the rucks and tackling than Ben Morgan, doesn't get him as much media spotlight but I rate Pretorius

And Ben Morgan doesn't look as fit as Faletau or Pretorius, I can't see him getting round the pitch for 80 minutes hitting rucks and making tackles despite his effectiveness as a bomfer

Morgan's more suited to number 8 or impact sub in my opinion

Completely agree. Ben Morgan is an out and out 8. Faletau could possibly switch to 6 to accommodate Morgan if both were played, but I don't see the point. I think we're too prepared to interchange 6 and 8 in Wales, despite both positions being very different. Lydiate's emergence has reminded everybody that a hard working grafter at 6 really adds something, and that's the way it should continue. Pretorius is going to be one hell of a player imo, the work he get's through is phenomenal at times, and he's improving every season.

These will be our options in the backrow in the future, with more one their way through:

Blindside: Lydiate, Pretorius, Turnbull, McCusker
Openside: Warburton, Tipuric
8th man: Faletau, Morgan

That's quite the riches if you ask me. Turnbull could continue to play at openside, but I think his destructive, hard-working qualities makes him better suited to blindside. There will of course be plenty of youngsters that will have broken through by 2015, so we'll have to wait and see what emerges. We also have to see if Morgan chooses to play for Wales.

15. Rhys Priestland
14. Jamie Roberts
13. Jonathan Davies
12. Scott Williams
11. George Norh
10. Matthew Morgan
9. Tavis Knoyle
1. Rhodri Jones
2. Kristian Dacey
3. Simon Gardiner
4. Alun Wyn Jones
5. Bradley Davies
6. Ben Morgan
7. Sam Warbuton
8. Toby Faletau

Subs:
16. Ken Owens
17. Scott Andrews
18. Ryan Bevington
19. Andries Pretorius
20. Dan Lydiate
21. Lloyd Williams
22. Steven Shingler
23. James Hook
(it will probably be a 23 man squad by then)

24. Rhys Williams
25. Craig Cross
26. Josh Turnbull
27. Justin Tipuric
28. Rhys Webb
29. Ashley Beck
30. Harry Robinson (really impressed with this kid playing year up for under 20s this year)

must say wales are blessed with backrowers must give a mention to these who would be in contention for th 2011 RWC
Josh Navidi
Hugo Ellis (aint seen much of him but heard hes alright)
Morgan Allen
Rob McCusker
Nick Cudd

Good effort, but the starting lineup has too many Scarlets players, although I wouldn't be surprised if the Scarlets are Wales' top region again by then. You also have a severe lack of locks in your squad, infact I only see Bradley and Alun-Wyn in your entire 30 man squad. I think there's big things to come from Macauley Cook at the Blues, and hopefully Ian Evans will have regained some form by 2015 aswell.

Priestland is a 10, and should be playing as one by then. As things stand at the moment, it looks like the battle for the 10 jersey will be between Hook, Priestland, Tovey and possibly Morgan depending on how he get's on with regional rugby. I don't think Shingler will be good enough for international rugby, and it doesn't look like the Scarlets thought so either. At 9, I think Lloyd Williams will be a better player than Knoyle, he's a more classy, fast, traditional scrummy that suits Wales' style better than Knoyle imo.

See above re the backrow.

Last edited:
Wales:

15. Me :)p)/Dan Fish
14. Leigh Halfpenny
13. Jonathan Davies
12. Jamie Roberts
11. George North
10. James Hook
9. Tavis Knoyle

1. Gethin Jenkins
2. Ken Owens
3. Adam Jones
4. Alun Wyn Jones
5. Bradley Davies
6. Dan Lydiate
7. Sam Warburton
8. Toby Faletau

16. Matthew Rees
17. Ryan Bevington
18. Lou Reed
19. Ben Morgan/Andres Pretorius
20. Lloyd Williams
21. Matthew Morgan
22. Nic Reynolds

Feels slightly harsh on some players such as Scott Williams, Jason Tovwy, Rhys Priestland, etc. that are on the verge of making it. I'm suprised so many people have written Dan Lydiate off...

Priestland has to play 15 because Wales have very few full back contenders currently, so Priestland or Tovey need to fill in there

If Wales preferred more classy, fast traditional scrum halves, then why has Mike Phillips been preferred to Peel for four years!

You might be right about Priestland or Tovey, suppose that will depend on what fullbacks emerge. Fussell has shown signs that he could make a good fullback. Stoddart could yet still make a good all round fullback, afterall Byrnes defense used to be as useless as his, but now Byrne is probably the best defensive fullback in the game. There's Fish at the blues, as Dunc has pointed out, while I was impressed with Steffan Jones when he played for the Dragons. I just feel that both Tovey and Priestland have potential to be very good 10's (although both have poor place kicking), and could be a waste at 15, but if they're needed back there, then so be it, we'll have to wait and see.

As for Phillips. He's been preferred to Peel because Peel's been bloody useless since at least '07, if not '05, and misses far too much Welsh training due to playing in the Aviva Premiership. To be fair with Phillips, he was bloody good untill after the Lions tour. So basically, there's been no real competition, and that shows when Richie Rees becomes first choice in many peoples minds. I have nothing against Rees, but he's not up to the calibre of past Welsh scrum halves, solid and steady, but not great. Then again being solid and steady never stopped Stephen Jones from becoming one of the best 10's Wales have had!

Martyn Thomas for FB?
I'd wouldn't be surprised to see Harry Robinson or Eli Walker in the Welsh squad by then. Both seem to be good prospects who have performed well for the U20's.

I certainly hope we have some more second rows for the next World Cup (Cook seems to be the only young one coming through). Will James anyone?

A lot can happen in four years...... Lineups will change as they always do and I think the IRB will change the rules to allow for a secnod prop on the bench wearing the number 23 shirt as is already the case in Europe.

15 Lucas González Amorosino (Montpellier)
14 Juan Imhoff (Duendes)
13 Gonzalo Tiesi (Stade Français)
12 Martín Rodríguez (Stade Français)
11 Martín Bustos Moyano (Montpellier)
10 Nicolas Sánchez (Bordeaux)
9 Agustín Figuerola (Brive)
8 Leonardo Senatore (GER Rosario)
7 Tomás de la vega (Cuba)
6 Juan Fernández Lobbe captain (Toulon)
5 Patricio Albacete (Toulouse)
4 Santiago Guzmán (Tucumán)
3 Juan Figallo (Montpellier)
2 Agustín Creevy (Montpellier)
1 Marcos Ayerza (Leicester)

16 Mauricio Guidone (Mont de Marsan)
17 Maximilano Bustos (Montpellier)
18 Mariano Galarza (La Plata)
19 Juan Leguizamon (Lyon)
20 Martin Landajo (CASI)
21 Ignacio Rodriguez Muedra (La Rochelle)
22 Joaquín Tuculet (Sale Sharks)
23 Francisco Nahuel Tetaz Chaparro (Stade Français)

All I can guess at is:

15. Patrick Lambie/Riaan Viljoen
14. Bjorn Basson
13. Robert Ebersohn
12. Juan de Jongh

10. Elton Jantjies/Sias Ebersohn/Patrick Lambie

9. Francois Hougaard/Sarel Pretorius

6. Heinrich Brussouw

4. Elstadt (forgot his first name)

Can't really think of anyone else that will make a WC squad in four years.

Latest posts